Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Interesting Tweet on the IUP Football page (via Matt) ... IUP has the longest home winning streak in D2 history at 31 games from 1986 to 1992.

I can remember in the heyday of the Frank era ... when they'd come through the band to Cherokee teams were defeated before the game started.

They don't lose at home often in the modern era but that Crimson Express (debacle) doesn't quite have the same intimidation factor. Of course, I think the band playing Ghostbusters 5-6 times per game really psyches out opponents.

Comment

• Cherokee is only coming back unless it's played in the parking lot. Its name is offensive according to certain people.

Pretty epic swing going from maybe the best fight song in the country (small school) to the worst.

Comment

Cherokee is only coming back unless it's played in the parking lot. Its name is offensive according to certain people.

Pretty epic swing going from maybe the best fight song in the country (small school) to the worst.
        Who you gonna call...

Comment

Cherokee is only coming back unless it's played in the parking lot. Its name is offensive according to certain people.

Last edited by IUPNation; 06-27-2020, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• How many alumni could hum the Crimson Express? How many would even recognize it?

Not many.

Comment

• Rumors are circulating on numerous web sites (mostly blogs) that IUP keeps getting mentioned for a possible move to the NEC. Shall I say, many blogs are recomending IUP as a league target.

West Chester would also be an attractive target.

This would be about 99.9% web rumors but interesting nonetheless.

Comment

Rumors are circulating on numerous web sites (mostly blogs) that IUP keeps getting mentioned for a possible move to the NEC. Shall I say, many blogs are recomending IUP as a league target.

Ew. No.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Ew. No.
                  I dunno IUP Nation.....IUP would be the only public FCS school in Pa. I am sure cost-wise, they would be the most attractive choice for FCS-caliber student-athletes. That alone would help in recruiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

I dunno IUP Nation.....IUP would be the only public FCS school in Pa. I am sure cost-wise, they would be the most attractive choice for FCS-caliber student-athletes. That alone would help in recruiting.
                    Did IUP athletics come into a lot of money recently to support a move up in class?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Comment

Rumors are circulating on numerous web sites (mostly blogs) that IUP keeps getting mentioned for a possible move to the NEC. Shall I say, many blogs are recomending IUP as a league target.

I think that it would be very interesting. It would at least be something different to look at. But would the totally crappy football stadium be a hindrance or maybe it would be par for the course of the lackluster NEC?

-

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Did IUP athletics come into a lot of money recently to support a move up in class?
                          I am pretty sure its just talk, like BigIndians stated.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

I think that it would be very interesting. It would at least be something different to look at. But would the totally crappy football stadium be a hindrance or maybe it would be par for the course of the lackluster NEC?

-
                            It's just web babling. St. Francis would be an obvious rival being 30 minutes away in (suicide level) Loretto.

The NEC is about the D1 equivalent of Class A baseball compared to The Show. Basketball-wise it would be interesting.

IUP is a basketball school now, anyway, right? Lol

Comment

It's just web babling. St. Francis would be an obvious rival being 30 minutes away in (suicide level) Loretto.

The NEC is about the D1 equivalent of Class A baseball compared to The Show. Basketball-wise it would be interesting.

IUP is a basketball school now, anyway, right? Lol
                              Is this the next wave of the "IUP is going D1" movement?

Comment

• Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X