Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

I Googled earth Shepherdstown just to see how to get there and their stadium is like 1000 or so feet from the Maryland border (because almost the whole width of the Potomac at Shepherdstown is part of Maryland)You can actually walk to Maryland over the bridge from their stadium.
    Taking a roadie at Shep is about as appealing as coming to Indiana. You're typically going to lose ... painfully.

Comment

• That said, I do know a team with an opening on Sept. 10 weekend. Just sayin'.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        That said, I do know a team with an opening on Sept. 10 weekend. Just sayin'.
        Yes....we do!!

Comment

• Not to interrupt our reguarly scheduled COVID-19 discussions, but in the slim chance of actually playing football ...

* Best camp battles (QB but where else)

* Deepest positions

* Weakest positions

* Impact transfers

* Kicking game (some new faces)

* Tort's still shopping. Transfer rumors.

* SRU visits but can IUP end the cursed streak at Adamson?

* Irvine Charles is allegedly 'all in' per the gossip mill.

* Is it really a QB battle or is this coach-speak? Whomever it is will have two stud WRs in Duane Brown and Charles (and some slot burners) along with a deeeeep stable of RBs -- and perhaps and All-America candidate at TE.

* DL should be stacked with Raunya Mitchell's return after missing most of last year injured.

* New faces at LB. Edinboro transfer helps immediately.

Comment

• * Best camp battles (QB but where else) - Let's see...who will play next to LB Connor Kelly. Who will be the starting 5 OLs.

* Deepest positions - Running back, especially if the Dayjure Stewart proves they must get him on the field.

* Weakest positions - I think WR is the weakest. After Brown and perhaps Charles, IUP is kind of thin.

* Impact transfers - LB Kelly from Edinboro will start and be a big impact. If Charles shows he's at least a 3-Star player, he will be a big impact.

* Kicking game (some new faces) - We shall see if Jordan Washington gets his shot.

* Tort's still shopping. Transfer rumors. Why is Tort still shopping for a DB? Is the Youngstown St DB not coming? Is Geisinger not returning? How about the the All Conference CB Streater?

* SRU visits but can IUP end the cursed streak at Adamson? - Not even sure what Cal U has this season. I just know that playmaker McPhatter is gone...thank goodness!

* Irvin Charles is allegedly 'all in' per the gossip mill. - Much needed pick up if he comes.

* Is it really a QB battle or is this coach-speak? Whomever it is will have two stud WRs in Duane Brown and Charles (and some slot burners) along with a deeeeep stable of RBs -- and perhaps and All-America candidate at TE. - No offense to Davis, but I think its coach-speak. I think IUP is trying to move on past the run-heavy QB, and Ramart has that different skill set.

* DL should be stacked with Raunya Mitchell's return after missing most of last year injured. - I hope the DL coach rotate his DLs more often, particularly in big games. The DL, particularly the DEs, were gassed and could not smell Shepherd's QB in the playoffs.

* New faces at LB. Edinboro transfer helps immediately. - I think he will certainly be all-conference.

Comment

• A 2020 IUP thread and a 2021 IUP thread. Best of both worlds.

Comment

• Being realistic i think if IUP or West Chester went to the NEC especially in basketball they would be competitive. I'd be willing to be in the 10 years they would win atleast 6 or 7 conference titles

Comment

• Let this thread dieā€¦

Comment

• Originally posted by UISguy23 View Post
                    Being realistic i think if IUP or West Chester went to the NEC especially in basketball they would be competitive. I'd be willing to be in the 10 years they would win atleast 6 or 7 conference titles
                    No they wouldn't. Everyone in the NEC but Central Connecticut State is private and is discounting the 45 football scholarships required. D1 isn't like European soccer. On-field success doesn't determine where schools play. In the non-revenue sports? Maybe. But they'd also be recruiting a lot of the same kids. You're going to get a lot of players who are closer to D2 in size & ability but jump at the D1 opportunity.

Comment

• And half those schools in that conference are bottom feeders same with the America East besides Bryant and Vermont. Its not a good basketball conference

Comment

• I know that prob kills alot of you inside for mentioning IUP going to D1 i know people on here are 1000% against d2 going d1.

Comment

I know that prob kills alot of you inside for mentioning IUP going to D1 i know people on here are 1000% against d2 going d1.
                          And yes they would be a successful d1 school

Comment

I know that prob kills alot of you inside for mentioning IUP going to D1 i know people on here are 1000% against d2 going d1.
                            Straight honesty. I can speak for 99% of IUP fans. Nobody cares about moving to D1. It hasn't even be remotely discussed in 15+ years.

We have good, historic rivalries. Travel is easy. Why would they leave everything they have to go join some bush league conference nobody in 'real' D1 cares about?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Straight honesty. I can speak for 99% of IUP fans. Nobody cares about moving to D1. It hasn't even be remotely discussed in 15+ years.

We have good, historic rivalries. Travel is easy. Why would they leave everything they have to go join some bush league conference nobody in 'real' D1 cares about?
                              Truth

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                                Let this thread dieā€¦
                                Let this thread die!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X