Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clydes 'N Rams
    replied

So white & pure you can't even begin to see it!

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    What exactly is a snowflake of the vaginal variety?

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

I'm surprised you could spell vaginal. Did you have to look it up?!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Has the Javon Davis era officially started? Does he seem locked and loaded as the heir apparent at QB?

Any notion they got used to having a Maxwell type and look to find a similar style QB? Or, are we headed back to the Lenny era of the RPO for the next 3 years? One nice thing with Davis is he's been here two years and isn't like starting fresh with a freshman.

??????Preface that by saying I know Maxwell's don't grow on trees.

Leave a comment:

• WarriorVoice
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Yes...and what goes around comes around and none of you vaginal hypocrites can take what you dish out.

You'll cry the moment we can troll the **** out of you.
    I'm surprised you could spell vaginal. Did you have to look it up?!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

I was actually very surprised that IUP didn't try to re-schedule the men's and women's hoops games on Saturday to later starts to be honest. But looks like they both drew rather well considering there was a D-II football playoff game right next door. The KCAC concourse on the team bench side does offer an incredible view of the football stadium with large windows. No doubt many fans got to watch the football game and then go take a peek at the hoops game during stoppages.

They probably viewed it as a win/win; plus they stayed warm in the process. And the clincher would be they probably saved some money doing it depending on what tickets they purchased.

-
    Consider that the (very rare) afternoon men's basketball game was within about 60 fans of actually outdrawing the playoff football game. Incredible. Joe has a very consistent following -- and a much younger crowd.

Tom has his own crowd all together.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

IUP basketball atmosphere - indoors, warm, amenities, and professional environment. Still wouldn't pick over a football game though.

When Notre Dame learned they had a home football game, they switched their home and away dates with their Saturday basketball opponent Wheeling. I recognize that IUP couldn't do that with crossover opponent Bloomsburg, but it's interesting that NDC made that switch, probably due to staffing.
    I was actually very surprised that IUP didn't try to re-schedule the men's and women's hoops games on Saturday to later starts to be honest. But looks like they both drew rather well considering there was a D-II football playoff game right next door. The KCAC concourse on the team bench side does offer an incredible view of the football stadium with large windows. No doubt many fans got to watch the football game and then go take a peek at the hoops game during stoppages.

They probably viewed it as a win/win; plus they stayed warm in the process. And the clincher would be they probably saved some money doing it depending on what tickets they purchased.

-

Leave a comment:

• Horror Child
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

The prices are a part of it -- a bigger part than many want to acknowledge. The other big thing nobody likes to talk about is the townies just really don't care for the most part. Why that is ... lot of theories, I suppose.

There's a lot of overlap between the football and basketball crowds, but they are different crowds. For whatever reason the basketball games get a much better atmosphere.

This past Saturday ... Miller was awful. The home side was awful, anyway. Minus the last 5 minutes of the game it was a funeral home. Compared to earlier in the year there was hardly any tailgates, etc.

Scary thing is the 'crypt' is getting older by the season. I hate to think what that side may look like in 3-5 years.
    IUP basketball atmosphere - indoors, warm, amenities, and professional environment. Still wouldn't pick over a football game though.

When Notre Dame learned they had a home football game, they switched their home and away dates with their Saturday basketball opponent Wheeling. I recognize that IUP couldn't do that with crossover opponent Bloomsburg, but it's interesting that NDC made that switch, probably due to staffing.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

The prices are a part of it -- a bigger part than many want to acknowledge. The other big thing nobody likes to talk about is the townies just really don't care for the most part. Why that is ... lot of theories, I suppose.

There's a lot of overlap between the football and basketball crowds, but they are different crowds. For whatever reason the basketball games get a much better atmosphere.

This past Saturday ... Miller was awful. The home side was awful, anyway. Minus the last 5 minutes of the game it was a funeral home. Compared to earlier in the year there was hardly any tailgates, etc.

Scary thing is the 'crypt' is getting older by the season. I hate to think what that side may look like in 3-5 years.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Rabid fans at an IUP football game.

Made me laugh out loud.

Worst fan base around.

That's a great story about your band making the trip. Game might as well have been in WV. IUP students went on break the day before ... Obviously none stuck around.

IUP may have had more fans at the 3pm basketball game than they had at the football game. Not joking.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Nation, I've learned to live with your hate-mongering, or hate-deflecting, as you might consider it. Sometimes, it even helps me make it through the day. What I can't handle, though, is your general sense of pessimism. Come on, man. IUP is IUP. It's going to be great next year.
    LMAO!!!

I am just being realistic. A lot of turnover for next season coupled with a tenuous road schedule.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

Made me laugh out loud.

Worst fan base around.

That's a great story about your band making the trip. Game might as well have been in WV. IUP students went on break the day before ... Obviously none stuck around.

IUP may have had more fans at the 3pm basketball game than they had at the football game. Not joking.
    It's unacceptable. I hate to restart an annual football attendance conversation but I guess it's inevitable. Back in the (hey) day, I remember some of the most "rabid" IUP fans were faculty members. I remember Fred Joseph and his wife, and many others. They were great cheerleaders for IUP football. Doesn't seem like that exists anymore.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Nation, I've learned to live with your hate-mongering, or hate-deflecting, as you might consider it. Sometimes, it even helps me make it through the day. What I can't handle, though, is your general sense of pessimism. Come on, man. IUP is IUP. It's going to be great next year.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Ramhead View Post
    I envisioned a full stadium of rabid fans out for blood and when we got there at 11:30 the the stadium was empty. Ram fans all over the place and fired up. Our band even raised money to get there when they could of went home for break. I guess I had higher expectations for us being in the big bad PSAC. I will say the IUP fans we met were really cool and let us know we can beat the Rock.

Made me laugh out loud.

Worst fan base around.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X