Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post

The IUP game was Homecoming. (always a big crowd for Homecoming)

Had 7400 for Ship and 8400 for Millersville- both were 6:00 pm kicks and warm weather. Clarion game a 1:00 PM kick bad weather a little over 2700.

This week weather forecast is bad (rain), Winter Graduation is 11:00 AM Saturday; so again expect a small crowd. Even though finals will be done and you could party like a Rockstar on Friday night, then go to the game for free, I expect most will just go home.
    I believe students must vacate the dorms within 24 hours of their last final, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Beleive me ... I cheer against Kickball Academy every week. But, .... hate to say it but they are on a heck of a run.

Can they win two more games?

The old Billy Beane saying ... If you lose the last game of the season nobody gives a ....

SRU may be able to win the last game of the season. They get every bounce (like the ND returner fumbling that kick yesterday). It just may be their time.

Comment

The IUP game was Homecoming. (always a big crowd for Homecoming)

Had 7400 for Ship and 8400 for Millersville- both were 6:00 pm kicks and warm weather. Clarion game a 1:00 PM kick bad weather a little over 2700.

This week weather forecast is bad (rain), Winter Graduation is 11:00 AM Saturday; so again expect a small crowd. Even though finals will be done and you could party like a Rockstar on Friday night, then go to the game for free, I expect most will just go home.

Comment

• I'm still perplexed by that attendance number. This pic shows half the home side which could easily be 2,000 people.

???????

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
              I'm still perplexed by that attendance number. This pic shows half the home side which could easily be 2,000 people.

That picture shows about 300 people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                I'm still perplexed by that attendance number. This pic shows half the home side which could easily be 2,000 people.

???????
                That's not half of the stands, that is about a third, and a lot of those bodies are the band and they are not counted, still more this weekend than last.

The alumni event I attended Friday, they all knew about the game, but no one was going to go, but all I talked to were going to watch it on their smart tv.

Graduation ceremony is scheduled for 11AM Sat.; do not know why it can't be moved up to 10AM

Comment

That's not half of the stands, that is about a third, and a lot of those bodies are the band and they are not counted, still more this weekend than last.

The alumni event I attended Friday, they all knew about the game, but no one was going to go, but all I talked to were going to watch it on their smart tv.

Graduation ceremony is scheduled for 11AM Sat.; do not know why it can't be moved up to 10AM
                  Just came down that students can stay in their dorms through this weekend and of course their ticket to game is free. hopefully they'll stay as incentive with the graduation . should be some good partying that night if SRU wins

Comment

Academia doesn't like being pushed around by the dumb jocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Minnesota Stats is better.
                      Well there you have it. LOL. Maybe Slippery Rock had a few close calls (IUP, Cal and Kutztown) because they played tougher competition which would be reflected by...OWP! Who's the best opponent Minnesota State faced this regular season? And everyone knows that polls are popularity contests. Minnesota State started at #3 and never lost and fell to #4. Slippery Rock started at #10 and also never lost. While the polls might not be completely invalid, it's mostly invalid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

Well there you have it. LOL. Maybe Slippery Rock had a few close calls (IUP, Cal and Kutztown) because they played tougher competition which would be reflected by...OWP! Who's the best opponent Minnesota State faced this regular season? And everyone knows that polls are popularity contests. Minnesota State started at #3 and never lost and fell to #4. Slippery Rock started at #10 and also never lost. While the polls might not be completely invalid, it's mostly invalid.
                        Last edited by IUPNation; 12-10-2019, 07:35 AM.

Comment

• Nation, am I to understand that you want the NCAA Committee to consider SR1 to be a weaker region than the others when making decisions?

We all know margin of victory doesn't count for anything.

Comment

• Got it. Seeding in the final four should be based on margin of victory in the playoffs. And just because Minnesota State is better.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Nation, am I to understand that you want the NCAA Committee to consider SR1 to be a weaker region than the others when making decisions?

We all know margin of victory doesn't count for anything.
                              We are the weakest link until
                              proven otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

Got it. Seeding in the final four should be based on margin of victory in the playoffs. And just because Minnesota State is better.
                                Because spread sheets.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X