Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been wondering why Rivers went to Slimey Pebble. He may have been born in Meatchicken but he did play high school foosball in Jawja.

He was at Valdosta State. Like real D2 pedigree school. Why in the hell did he transfer to Slimey?

It wasn't for the education...that's for sure.

It wasn't because of the not as nice as IUP campus.

It wasn't for the lifestyle that the one traffic light town of Slimey Pebble affords...

So I have been wondering why this kid went here and not to another top tier D2 foosball school in the GSC or Northwest Misery or Grand Valley or even IUP where he stood a chance of getting a good degree.

It seems like he followed his old QB coach at Valdosta who is Slimey's OC....and how long will it be before that guy is a head coach someplace else?

So this is really Slimey's moment...the window is open to be the first Pee Sack team to win a NC....but hurry...cos it might close pretty fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Minnehaha State got screwed. They were ranked way higher in the the coaches poll and the D2Football poll than Slimey. I wonder what the difference was having the home game taken from them because they should have been ranked 2nd after Ferris Bueller State and then Slimey at 3 when the four teams were reranked.

Their fans are probably really pissed.
      Since you are wondering....

- it was NOT the ranking in the coaches polll
      - it was NOT the ranking in the D2football poll
      - the game was NOT taken from Minnesota State as they never had it in the first place

Going into the final week of the regular season, Rock's weighted OWP was .529 and Minnesota State's was .509.

Since then, Rock beat Kutztown (11-2), Shepherd (10-3) and Notre Dame (12-1), combined 33-6. Minnesota St beat Upper Iowa (2-9), CSU Pueblo (11-2) and Texas A&M Commerce (10-2), combined 23-13

It's pretty clear that Rock would be ahead of Minnesota State based on OWP, which is criteria the NCAA uses when making these decisions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

Since you are wondering....

- it was NOT the ranking in the coaches polll
        - it was NOT the ranking in the D2football poll
        - the game was NOT taken from Minnesota State as they never had it in the first place

Going into the final week of the regular season, Rock's weighted OWP was .529 and Minnesota State's was .509.

Since then, Rock beat Kutztown (11-2), Shepherd (10-3) and Notre Dame (12-1), combined 33-6. Minnesota St beat Upper Iowa (2-9), CSU Pueblo (11-2) and Texas A&M Commerce (10-2), combined 23-13

It's pretty clear that Rock would be ahead of Minnesota State based on OWP, which is criteria the NCAA uses when making these decisions.
        Again...spread sheets not really telling the whole story. I would not have given Slimey the home game but it is what it is.

One trend is now for sure...if a Pee Sack team is undefeated after the State Game..it will boost their ranking no matter what MEC and NE10 teams do. It makes you wonder if the other conferences will go to a championship game to do the same.
        Last edited by IUPNation; 12-08-2019, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Again...spread sheets not really telling the whole story. I would not have given Slimey the home game but it is what it is.

One trend is now for sure...if a Pee Sack team is undefeated after the State Game..it will boost their ranking no matter what MEC and NE10 teams do. It makes you wonder if the other conferences will go to a championship game to do the same.
          I believe the NE10 only has nine football schools at present, so it would be hard for them to have a championship game without adding schools.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I believe the NE10 only has nine football schools at present, so it would be hard for them to have a championship game without adding schools.
            I understand. Both setup have their pros and cons. The MEC/NE10/GMAC advantage is if they skate through undefeated and the Pee Sack teams beat each other up and have losses, they will get the higher seeds. The Pee Sack teams they go undefeated will have the extra push from the State Game and knock any of their teams down...and it has helped IUP and Slimey to secure home field games in the National SemiFinals.

Comment

• Minnesota State by a hundred

Comment

I have been wondering why Rivers went to Slimey Pebble. He may have been born in Meatchicken but he did play high school foosball in Jawja.

He was at Valdosta State. Like real D2 pedigree school. Why in the hell did he transfer to Slimey?

It wasn't for the education...that's for sure.

It wasn't because of the not as nice as IUP campus.

It wasn't for the lifestyle that the one traffic light town of Slimey Pebble affords...

So I have been wondering why this kid went here and not to another top tier D2 foosball school in the GSC or Northwest Misery or Grand Valley or even IUP where he stood a chance of getting a good degree.

It seems like he followed his old QB coach at Valdosta who is Slimey's OC....and how long will it be before that guy is a head coach someplace else?

So this is really Slimey's moment...the window is open to be the first Pee Sack team to win a NC....but hurry...cos it might close pretty fast.

Comment

So tell us the whole story

Comment

SRU had a hair over 2k there yesterday. They get 10k for IUP.

I was surprised the number was so low yesterday. SRU88 was right.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I find that attendance number surprising and somewhat hard to believe. I watched most of the game and there was easily 1,000 on the visitor side. School is still in session, too.

Comment

Last edited by IUPNation; 12-08-2019, 06:25 PM.

Comment

• Beleive me ... I cheer against Kickball Academy every week. But, .... hate to say it but they are on a heck of a run.

Can they win two more games?

The old Billy Beane saying ... If you lose the last game of the season nobody gives a ....

SRU may be able to win the last game of the season. They get every bounce (like the ND returner fumbling that kick yesterday). It just may be their time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I find that attendance number surprising and somewhat hard to believe. I watched most of the game and there was easily 1,000 on the visitor side. School is still in session, too.
                            I guess the game day atmosphere at Slimey is a bit overblown.

Comment

Beleive me ... I cheer against Kickball Academy every week. But, .... hate to say it but they are on a heck of a run.

Can they win two more games?

The old Billy Beane saying ... If you lose the last game of the season nobody gives a ....

SRU may be able to win the last game of the season. They get every bounce (like the ND returner fumbling that kick yesterday). It just may be their time.

Comment

The IUP game was Homecoming. (always a big crowd for Homecoming)

Had 7400 for Ship and 8400 for Millersville- both were 6:00 pm kicks and warm weather. Clarion game a 1:00 PM kick bad weather a little over 2700.

This week weather forecast is bad (rain), Winter Graduation is 11:00 AM Saturday; so again expect a small crowd. Even though finals will be done and you could party like a Rockstar on Friday night, then go to the game for free, I expect most will just go home.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X