Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota State at Slippery Rock

Hopefully we can shift the conversation.

Are they playing Hayden Fox's Screamin' Eagles?

Comment

Craig T. Nelson vs. Dwayne "The ROCK" Johnson

I will take THE ROCK!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Three straight weeks of facing great RB, first Glover, then McLaughlin, now Gunn ( who is also a Harlon Hill finalist)

Lutz said he would live with it if NDC beat them through the air, it almost happened, except for the one big run McLaughlin did not really hurt THE ROCK, I actually think McLaughlin might have been nicked a little because he did not get his normal touches and was on the sidelines for several offensive plays.

Granted it is very difficult to tell what happened in a game by looking at the boxscore, but Texas AM-commerce did outgain the Mavericks, rather that was in garbage time or in course of competitive play do not know. Minnesota St. D did have a pick 6. CSU-Pueblo did not score very much against MSU-Mankato's D; but Pueblos' offense was not putting up big numbers to begin with.

Is the ROCK D as bad as it looked Saturday (NO); Is the ROCK D great (NO) but gets stops when they need them, after blocked punt, held NDC to a FG; with a chance to go down and win game NDC did not get a first down.

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
                Granted it is very difficult to tell what happened in a game by looking at the boxscore, but Texas AM-commerce did outgain the Mavericks, rather that was in garbage time or in course of competitive play do not know. Minnesota St. D did have a pick 6. CSU-Pueblo did not score very much against MSU-Mankato's D; but Pueblos' offense was not putting up big numbers to begin with..
                Commerce looked great on their first drive to tie the game at 7. Went ahead 14-7 after the Mav punt returner muffed the ball into the end zone. Made it 42-21 with 30 seconds to go when their backup QB led them down the field. Yes, Goettl's pick six was pretty entertaining and broke the Lions back. Mavs put up a lot of yards on the ground.

Comment

Honestly?... They are obese.

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
                    Three straight weeks of facing great RB, first Glover, then McLaughlin, now Gunn ( who is also a Harlon Hill finalist)

Lutz said he would live with it if NDC beat them through the air, it almost happened, except for the one big run McLaughlin did not really hurt THE ROCK, I actually think McLaughlin might have been nicked a little because he did not get his normal touches and was on the sidelines for several offensive plays.

Granted it is very difficult to tell what happened in a game by looking at the boxscore, but Texas AM-commerce did outgain the Mavericks, rather that was in garbage time or in course of competitive play do not know. Minnesota St. D did have a pick 6. CSU-Pueblo did not score very much against MSU-Mankato's D; but Pueblos' offense was not putting up big numbers to begin with.

Is the ROCK D as bad as it looked Saturday (NO); Is the ROCK D great (NO) but gets stops when they need them, after blocked punt, held NDC to a FG; with a chance to go down and win game NDC did not get a first down.

Comment

Pretty large. I thought for a bit that Notre Dame's linemen were going to give Rock trouble but I think the Rock lines tired them out by the 3rd quarter.

Comment

They are the 2nd ranked scoring offense in the entire country at 47.2 points per game. Any team with a competent offense has a chance to kill Rock's D.

Having the top two scoring offenses in the country in one game should be fascinating. The difference will come down to defense. Based on track record, both of the teams and of the Super Regions, I have more faith that Minnesota State's defense will get more stops, but I will be rooting for Rock to pull it out. They have the talent.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

They are the 2nd ranked scoring offense in the entire country at 47.2 points per game. Any team with a competent offense has a chance to kill Rock's D.

Having the top two scoring offenses in the country in one game should be fascinating. The difference will come down to defense. Based on track record, both of the teams and of the Super Regions, I have more faith that Minnesota State's defense will get more stops, but I will be rooting for Rock to pull it out. They have the talent.

Comment

Longtail

Comment

[QUOTE=Kevin Bores;n464943]

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X