Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Well, you get to say that your team lost by three, and could've beaten the national champs. It may help recruiting a bit - come play in the psac, one of the top D2 football conferences. THat kind of stuff. Admittedly, that's not much.

Personally, I'll be pulling for a gym teacher win, even though if they do we will have to put up with there bragging all off season,
    This is only part of it. The winner has to beat the winner of the Transfer Bowl the following week.

Comment

Originally posted by RockNation View Post
      first; welcome to the board MSU people. We get rowdy on this board.

next; here's what I see MSU: I wouldnt say Gunn is better than McLaughlin, but he is a different style RB that the Rock D could struggle with. He's similar to Wes Hills, but he's not Wes Hills. I'm not downplaying the guy at all, HH candidate; but the offensive line is great. That's their strength. The DL is their strength on defense. bottom line? They have good big guys. Rock struggles on 3rd level defense, will MSU pass more? Maybe.

Rock's advantage? MSU hasnt seen a QB like Roland Rivers. MSU hasnt seen athletes like SRU. I'm curious to see how Snorweah will be involved and how MSU will line up with the passing game. How will the Rock O adjust to the big dudes. We'll have to wait and see.

Comment

Comment

Honestly it's kinda fun. It's very easy to figure out which users to filter out if you want to have a legitimate discussion, and there are enough posters around to do the latter. And the trolls are always there to play with if you need some entertainment. Generally we seem to show posters from other conferences a good time, everyone's too busy infighting to do anything else.

Even if a PSAC national title would only boost the top of the conference, that's overall a good thing. Depth without high-level contenders means nothing on a national stage. SR1's struggles are well-documented, but if the top of the PSAC became legitimate national players, they would have relatively few peers within the region, giving them as open a path to the national semis as you can find in D2. The chance is there.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPfan12 View Post

Have fun losing to the d2 MSU by 21 big fella.
            What time does IUP kick off this weekend?

Comment

IUP gets enough love on this board. I'm sure they don't need another fan in little old me - however I sure as s.hit haven't elevated SRU above every school in the conference like you have.

Comment

next; here's what I see MSU: I wouldnt say Gunn is better than McLaughlin, but he is a different style RB that the Rock D could struggle with. He's similar to Wes Hills, but he's not Wes Hills. I'm not downplaying the guy at all, HH candidate; but the offensive line is great. That's their strength. The DL is their strength on defense. bottom line? They have good big guys. Rock struggles on 3rd level defense, will MSU pass more? Maybe.

Rock's advantage? MSU hasnt seen a QB like Roland Rivers. MSU hasnt seen athletes like SRU. I'm curious to see how Snorweah will be involved and how MSU will line up with the passing game. How will the Rock O adjust to the big dudes. We'll have to wait and see.
                Athletes?? Commerce has some pretty good athletes we contained!

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

Honestly it's kinda fun. It's very easy to figure out which users to filter out if you want to have a legitimate discussion, and there are enough posters around to do the latter. And the trolls are always there to play with if you need some entertainment. Generally we seem to show posters from other conferences a good time, everyone's too busy infighting to do anything else.

Even if a PSAC national title would only boost the top of the conference, that's overall a good thing. Depth without high-level contenders means nothing on a national stage. SR1's struggles are well-documented, but if the top of the PSAC became legitimate national players, they would have relatively few peers within the region, giving them as open a path to the national semis as you can find in D2. The chance is there.
                  Yeah ... that happened in the past. Then the IUP Rule was introduced.

Comment

And you know this?

Comment

Rock's advantage? MSU hasnt seen a QB like Roland Rivers.
                      Rivers is good. He's not as good as you guys make him out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

Athletes?? Commerce has some pretty good athletes we contained!

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

And you know this?

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Rivers is good. He's not as good as you guys make him out to be.

Comment

Comment

I'm not interested in a 'my QB is better than your QB' contest. All I'm saying is with all the hype about Rivers I expected to see someone who was truly dominant at this level and I don't see that. Yes, he's a record-setter but you can throw that record book out the window. Doesn't mean much come Saturday. On Saturday, we're going to see how good he really is.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X