Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FBS football

You guys think that this format will continue ? PAC 12 B1G champs not getting a shot 2 years in a row ? Your thoughts

Re: FBS football

Plus Central Florida going undefeated again. The movement to a larger playoff will come from Power Five coaches and commissioners whose schools were left out. So we need the PAC12 and Big Ten commishes to raise a stink...and Central Florida to do something brash again the same way Utah, Boise State, and Texas Christian did several years ago (i.e. win and don't go away quietly). But if it does go to 8 teams expect CFP to guarantee Power Five conference champions a spot then three "at large" spots designed to favor P5 also-rans just like the NCAA did when they expanded the March Madness bracket to 64.

Comment

I really liked the proposal I read in a Yahoo column last week: have the quarterfinals on campus sites the weekend that we currently have conference championship games and then conduct the semifinals and finals in the current manner. I really had zero interest in any of those games last weekend other than to see if UGA could upset Alabama. And even then, I didn't really care all that much. The game I ended up watching the most of was, oddly enough, Fresno State at Boise State. That was an awesome game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
        I really liked the proposal I read in a Yahoo column last week: have the quarterfinals on campus sites the weekend that we currently have conference championship games and then conduct the semifinals and finals in the current manner. I really had zero interest in any of those games last weekend other than to see if UGA could upset Alabama. And even then, I didn't really care all that much. The game I ended up watching the most of was, oddly enough, Fresno State at Boise State. That was an awesome game.
        I like that idea as well

Comment

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
          Conference games must be played.

Comment

Comment

If Big 10 champ Ohio State wants in, don't lose to 6-6 Purdue, among other poor performances this season.
              If PAC 12 champ Washington wants in, don't play FCS North Dakota, among other poor performances this season.

Comment

I'm all in favor of a 8 team playoff where there the P5 conference champs all get the auto bid and there are 3 at large bids with one going to the highest ranked G5 member as long as they finish within the top 10 in that instance an undefeated UCF, Boise State, Houston squad would almost be assured of a playoff spot with a conference runner up from 2 P5 schools getting the nod. The top G5 schools have trouble scheduling top 10 P5 schools because they want the games played at a 2/1 return or they refuse to answer the call as they know there's a chance if they lose they'll be needing to run the table in their tough conference schedule to keep their playoff hopes alive in the current format. UCF played Pittsburgh this year a mid level P5 school who actually went to the ACC title game but didn't get any points for winning that game and they knocked off a ranked Cincy team as well. The FAU game on paper before the season looked like a legit test as they were expected to duplicate last seasons win total but ended up being 5-7 this season somehow. Were they better than the 4 schools selected no especially with their starting star QB being knocked out for the season 2 weeks ago but they deserve better than a NY6 bowl game again.

Comment

Last edited by GhostOfHomer01; 12-04-2018, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Urban is stepping down after the bowl game per Yahoo.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
                      I'm all in favor of a 8 team playoff where there the P5 conference champs all get the auto bid and there are 3 at large bids with one going to the highest ranked G5 member as long as they finish within the top 10 in that instance an undefeated UCF, Boise State, Houston squad would almost be assured of a playoff spot with a conference runner up from 2 P5 schools getting the nod. The top G5 schools have trouble scheduling top 10 P5 schools because they want the games played at a 2/1 return or they refuse to answer the call as they know there's a chance if they lose they'll be needing to run the table in their tough conference schedule to keep their playoff hopes alive in the current format. UCF played Pittsburgh this year a mid level P5 school who actually went to the ACC title game but didn't get any points for winning that game and they knocked off a ranked Cincy team as well. The FAU game on paper before the season looked like a legit test as they were expected to duplicate last seasons win total but ended up being 5-7 this season somehow. Were they better than the 4 schools selected no especially with their starting star QB being knocked out for the season 2 weeks ago but they deserve better than a NY6 bowl game again.
                      Good in theory but the P5 conferences will do everything they can to squeeze out a UCF, Boise State, Utah State, or Fresno State. P5 fans yell "Play someone better!" but they'll celebrate when their team hires that coach. The football coaches also don't want to experience what happens in March Madness when their fans call for their head and dump garbage on the lawns of the local typing teacher because they lost to school the fans have never heard of like UMBC. It also keeps those schools out of their conferences. Giving everyone equal opportunity keeps upstarts like Butler or Wichita State in their respective lower tier conferences.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                        I bet 6-12 months from now he is further implicated in the Zach Smith ordeal.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                          I bet 6-12 months from now he is further implicated in the Zach Smith ordeal.
                          When he leaves town ... shiz about to hit the fan.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                            Can't believe Ohio State called a press conference for this afternoon. Why not just call a fourth timeout with less than a minute left in the Rose Bowl and walk across the field and out of the stadium? That would have been a lot less of a spectacle.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
                              Can't believe Ohio State called a press conference for this afternoon. Why not just call a fourth timeout with less than a minute left in the Rose Bowl and walk across the field and out of the stadium? That would have been a lot less of a spectacle.

Post of the year. LOL.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X