Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: FBS football

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    Now that's some high praise. Can you even say that?
    You and I both know you're more the Dartmouth of Indiana County but whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
      Its unfair to punish because of schedule. I saw a school who has one team scheduled every year through 2026. A team can be a strong team in spite of its conference - case in point with the Harvard of Indiana County. The PSAC isn't considered a P5 in D2 but they get a shot. Nobody will ever admit it but one of the things the P5 is afraid of is an upstart like UCF making us question the superiority of the P5 conferences. As I said before, they absolutely don't want to spread around the TV money.

I think the best compromise is to have the championship games and give automatic spots to conference champions. Sure, that leaves you open to having a mediocre Pitt team in the playoff if they beat Clemson - but allowing for some objective way to decide at-large bids. Sorry, Notre Dame. You can't win a conference so you have to compete with everyone else for an at-large spot.

Comment

• Comment

Something should be on New Year's Day whether it be the semis or the championship. There's no way it can't be done if every other division of college football can do a full playoff.

I agree with you on how its all lost its lustre - but this all started when the BCS started saying certain teams are more or less worthy by way of conference affiliation. Penn State and Pitt would never have been national champions using today's judgment. You have to give EVERYONE an opportunity to win a championship by expanding the bracket or by going back to letting the AP crown a champion.

Comment

Suppose DII said "We're not guaranteeing the SR 1 champion a berth in the Final Four". That's kind of the way the Power 5 Conferences feel when their schools don't get a shot...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X