Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSACfan1 View Post

Yeah you typically can't train your way to three bills and have the requisite athleticism to be active and play sports at the collegiate level. You are either genetically inclined to be that size and remain athletic or you aren't. Of course anyone can eat themselves into oblivion but even then some just can't pack on weight like that, but nice try trying to sound like you know what you are talking about.
    The lifting part of that is probably how most college programs lifting pretty much is. Add in every stupid clean and snatch version there is. And glute ham raises.

I like more reps but I gained most of my weight back in the day doing the 10x10 poliquin made famous in the late 90's

I agree very much on the 10's but would go up to 20's. Nice thing is you can do that sprint program once a week in a basketball gym all winter as you gain weight without hindering getting stronger and heavier. I know one coach that wasn't a psac coach but has been mentioned on here....whining to his strength coach his guys are small and weak but wanting to do run into the ground conditioning all winter ...on top of the 5 day a week for 2 weeks...6 am morning runs for hr- hr/half before spring ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I think the "want to" in terms of getting to full funded status really only points to 2 schools in the conference. Shepherd and IUP. I include IUP because all of you posters seem to think the administration still places an importance on being the flagship program in the conference for football so correct me if I'm wrong. I get the impression the rest of the conference is more satisfied with being a flash in the pan and moderately satisfied with the status quo.

Chauncey Winbush since he has taken over has increased the scholly amount at Shepherd up to 28 I recall him saying in an interview this year. The goal is to be fully funded and he is definitely putting his money where his mouth is with the big talk. Looks like the school is on board as well (http://supicket.com/shepherd-univers...ic-facilities/). If this comes to fruition, Shepherd should be able compete for the National Championship.

Most of the Shepherd faithful doesn't like to throw big predictions or things of that nature out there. But the next 2 years, expectations are going to be SKY HIGH for the Rams.
      IUP does emphasize foosball and both nationally ranked basketball teams. Everyone else gets the scraps. Slimey Pebble has upped their money as well. So...I will say outside of the Catholic Schools discounting tuition they are your three most serious programs in the Pee Sack. Of course West Chester does fudge their money and they all look like Walk Ons but a school of 17K should be giving out more money than what is reported.

Shepherd will be the de facto favorite to win the Pee Sack next season. I already have our visit next season to West Virginia penciled in as a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post

The lifting part of that is probably how most college programs lifting pretty much is. Add in every stupid clean and snatch version there is. And glute ham raises.

I like more reps but I gained most of my weight back in the day doing the 10x10 poliquin made famous in the late 90's

I agree very much on the 10's but would go up to 20's. Nice thing is you can do that sprint program once a week in a basketball gym all winter as you gain weight without hindering getting stronger and heavier. I know one coach that wasn't a psac coach but has been mentioned on here....whining to his strength coach his guys are small and weak but wanting to do run into the ground conditioning all winter ...on top of the 5 day a week for 2 weeks...6 am morning runs for hr- hr/half before spring ball.
        You have made some very fair points. I just think at the end of the day you can't train your way to that size. Hell, even with enhancement it all comes down to your genetics and what that will allow as far as growth - natural or enhanced.

Comment

You have made some very fair points. I just think at the end of the day you can't train your way to that size. Hell, even with enhancement it all comes down to your genetics and what that will allow as far as growth - natural or enhanced.
          And can we really expect D2 schools to have the same massive lines as FBS and FCS schools?

I remember back to the 1980's when 300+ pound lineman were a new phenomenon in the NFL with the emergence of the then Washington (now Landover) Racist Logos "Hogs".

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
            I think coaching is part of the issue when the psac plays out of the region in these final four games. Maybe playing more teams from other regions would expose the players and coaches to different styles of play.

One example that jumps out to me....the MSU DL stunts and blitzes a few times just off the top of my head where Rock OL didn't touch anyone as guys ran by them...obviously confused who theyre supposed to block.
            I think you have a VERY GOOD point there....

Comment

I have to agree....not at the D-II level when your average football program does not have a strength coach nor a nutritionist.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Well if you had 12 scholarships, what would you do ? Give schollies to the best gunslinger, and WRs you could find, maybe a TE, A line backer, a DE, and maybe a free safety. Hope you can find some big guys around to pass block for free. Maybe you can win against 25+ scholarship teams in a shootout, or throw 50 times, and hope something sticks.
                Yea its tough. Maybe go to a triple option offense? I know its a drastic change and takes a while to implement but if you consistently dont or cant get bigger lineman, maybe you could use smaller lineman in a option offense. Idk I'm spit balling.

Having around 30 schollies definitely helps. Mankato usually has 5-7 lineman in each recruiting class. They very rarely play true freshman, so they just practice and lift weights for a year. If a couple of those from each class pan out theyre set.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X