Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Signing Day

Is today National Signing Day? Seeing some buzz on Twitter. If so, any news on PSAC signings? Particularly BU?
    It's always sunny in #HuskyNation

Originally posted by HuskyNation24 View Post
    Is today National Signing Day? Seeing some buzz on Twitter. If so, any news on PSAC signings? Particularly BU?
    D1

Comment

Is it also signing day for mid-year transfers?

Comment

February 5, 2020 for D2. Now is the early period for D1.

Comment

It would be pointless for D2 to have early signing day in mid December giving how many kids wait until the February signing date to commit to D2 programs with their hopes being a late FCS offer arrives in January after the dead period ends. With the PSAC having limited funds in the East most kids in SE PA hold out for those NEC/lower CAA programs like (Rhode Island)/MEAC late offers before giving a commitment to say West Chester, Bloomsburg, Kutztown. The Western schools like Cal, IUP, Rock have more dollars to dangle at kids to give them incentive to turn down a PWO FCS offer and take the 3/4 ride...

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
            It would be pointless for D2 to have early signing day in mid December giving how many kids wait until the February signing date to commit to D2 programs with their hopes being a late FCS offer arrives in January after the dead period ends. With the PSAC having limited funds in the East most kids in SE PA hold out for those NEC/lower CAA programs like (Rhode Island)/MEAC late offers before giving a commitment to say West Chester, Bloomsburg, Kutztown. The Western schools like Cal, IUP, Rock have more dollars to dangle at kids to give them incentive to turn down a PWO FCS offer and take the 3/4 ride...
            Agreed. There's little more delusion and lack of reality than in the recruiting circuit. I spoke to a WPIAL recruit holding out for a D1 offer and said he worked all summer to pay for the fees to attend camps at Power 5 schools. I told him I'd be happy to introduce him to Edinboro coaches but he said he didn't want to play D2 - but he also didn't know that his "offer" from Marietta was for D3.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Agreed. There's little more delusion and lack of reality than in the recruiting circuit. I spoke to a WPIAL recruit holding out for a D1 offer and said he worked all summer to pay for the fees to attend camps at Power 5 schools. I told him I'd be happy to introduce him to Edinboro coaches but he said he didn't want to play D2 - but he also didn't know that his "offer" from Marietta was for D3.
              Recruiting high schools kids must drive D2 coaches crazy. I'd target the slew of kids who filled out the backend of D1 classes and want to transfer after one year.

The hardest part is we on here tend to forget that most high school players in PA couldn't name 2-3 PSAC schools from memory even if they tried. They aren't interested at all until that surefire D1 offer Uncle Bob promised them never actually arrives. All of the strictly-for-profit recruiting sites sure don't help, either.

D2 Basketball does have an early signing period but it's still fairly rare to see our schools sign kids during this period. It happens but the vast majority sign during the next window.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Recruiting high schools kids must drive D2 coaches crazy. I'd target the slew of kids who filled out the backend of D1 classes and want to transfer after one year.

The hardest part is we on here tend to forget that most high school players in PA couldn't name 2-3 PSAC schools from memory even if they tried. They aren't interested at all until that surefire D1 offer Uncle Bob promised them never actually arrives. All of the strictly-for-profit recruiting sites sure don't help, either.

D2 Basketball does have an early signing period but it's still fairly rare to see our schools sign kids during this period. It happens but the vast majority sign during the next window.
                We were talking at work about our season opener (Buffalo) made a bowl game. One person said "well maybe we'll get good enough to get invited to join an FBS conference." I pressed, he claims to be a college football nut but didn't know what makes the difference between FBS and FCS. Nobody really does. That's why I say play the local D3 who will bring a good gate and make sure you win.

Comment

We were talking at work about our season opener (Buffalo) made a bowl game. One person said "well maybe we'll get good enough to get invited to join an FBS conference." I pressed, he claims to be a college football nut but didn't know what makes the difference between FBS and FCS. Nobody really does. That's why I say play the local D3 who will bring a good gate and make sure you win.
                  Lol yeah you get outside of this board and most have no idea if we are D2 or D3 schools.

Comment

Wow...that is fairly sad....

Comment

There's a lot of puzzlement up Harrisburg way on the lack of offers for Cedar Cliff RB Jaheim Morris. No bites yet, and he ran for about 2,000 yards two years in a row. Mid-Penn Keystone isn't quite Commonwealth, but I think you'd have to say Cedar Cliff put together a pretty good schedule. The kid is legit.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X