Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloomsburg Has A New Head Coach

https://buhuskies.com/news/2019/12/2...l-program.aspx

To congratulate the ole ball coach someone needs to buy him an ole toothbrush...and show him how to use it!

Comment

I thought the guy from last week quit already ...

Comment

Originally posted by PSACfan1 View Post
        To congratulate the ole ball coach someone needs to buy him an ole toothbrush...and show him how to use it!
        While I'm standing up for a "free flow of ideas" on the other thread I have to say you're really pushing it.

Why would you post something like that? Why would you even think something like that?

Comment

Comment

Good, winning pedigree. The fact that he was the choice to replace Curry in 2016 speaks volumes. Could be a very wise move for Bloomsburg.

Comment

No disrespect for COACH SHEPTOCK, but it seems like a less than stellar choice for BLOOMSBURG. A school that seems to have pretty solid support as well as a strong football tradition should have been able to do better. We're talking a coach with a long term D3 history that was less than great ( last 8 years 35-46), followed by HS HC job and a D3 coordinator job. Nothing on that resume leads me to believe he'll be able to recruit or coach his team to be competitive with WCU, SHEP and KUTZ any time soon. It would be interesting to know who they passed on before making this choice. Could be entirely wrong, but it feels like settling.

Comment

it depends entirely on who is calling the offense next year. I don't have fear that Sheptock can handle the defense, but the offense needs a fresh face in there more than anything else.

Comment

That's a really classless and completely uncalled for post there. Everybody has different levels of dental health and well being. I personally never even had a cavity until I was 34, but my nephews have had some difficulties with things and none of them are even ten.

-

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                    No disrespect for COACH SHEPTOCK, but it seems like a less than stellar choice for BLOOMSBURG. A school that seems to have pretty solid support as well as a strong football tradition should have been able to do better. We're talking a coach with a long term D3 history that was less than great ( last 8 years 35-46), followed by HS HC job and a D3 coordinator job. Nothing on that resume leads me to believe he'll be able to recruit or coach his team to be competitive with WCU, SHEP and KUTZ any time soon. It would be interesting to know who they passed on before making this choice. Could be entirely wrong, but it feels like settling.
                    Good point. Seems more like a timing issue due to the previous head coach being let go after the last game. Instead of firing him during the season and having an interim head coach.

If he gets a great coaching staff underneath him and has the ability to connect to players like Coach Hale did..the sky is the limit for him.

Bloom has alumni coaching at several top high schools in the mid-Penn as well. I'm sure he will be reaching out to them to establish a good relationship again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloom2005 View Post

Good point. Seems more like a timing issue due to the previous head coach being let go after the last game. Instead of firing him during the season and having an interim head coach.

If he gets a great coaching staff underneath him and has the ability to connect to players like Coach Hale did..the sky is the limit for him.

Bloom has alumni coaching at several top high schools in the mid-Penn as well. I'm sure he will be reaching out to them to establish a good relationship again.
                      I doubt there will be any changes in the coaching staff. Sheptock is a personable guy, so he should be able to get more out of the players, and maybe even the current coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post

I doubt there will be any changes in the coaching staff. Sheptock is a personable guy, so he should be able to get more out of the players, and maybe even the current coaches.
                        I'm not sure how often a new external head coach is hired in football and he keeps the same coaching staff. I'm assuming very rare.

Unless Sheptock will be OC and Head Coach... I see no need from Coach Henicle to stay with the staff.

I also heard the entire staff was let go except Coach Henicle. So, Sheptock should be bringing in his own people.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloom2005 View Post

I'm not sure how often a new external head coach is hired in football and he keeps the same coaching staff. I'm assuming very rare.

Unless Sheptock will be OC and Head Coach... I see no need from Coach Henicle to stay with the staff.

I also heard the entire staff was let go except Coach Henicle. So, Sheptock should be bringing in his own people.
                          It would be smart keeping Henicle since he probably has the most contact with incoming recruits at this point. Sheptock strikes me as someone who is loyal to the team, and wouldn't upset the apple cart from the start. I also heard the assistants have a contract that would have to be bought out. 1992 was probably the last year the top assistants or any coaches were involuntarily replaced.

Comment

I know coach personally..relax everyone! No need to be so self righteous.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X