X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok. He's the nitwit.

Comment

Originally posted by PSACfan1 View Post
      I know coach personally..relax everyone! No need to be so self righteous.
      Not a problem with me....

Comment

I know coach. Relax.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post

Ok. He's the nitwit.
          I know coach. Relax.

Comment

Originally posted by PSACfan1 View Post

I know coach. Relax.
            How do you think he'll do at Bloom?

Comment

Took two things out of his intro presser:

1. He looked drunk with his swaying, etc.

2. He's a likable guy and the type of guy players may play for ...

I kind of think he's an outside-the-box hire. Kind of old. Dinosaur type.

On the surface ... I'd grade it as a 'C-' hire. But, it could be just odd enough it could work.

Comment

I think he has an up hill battle, but definitely has the ability to do what is necessary to help Bloom get to where they would like to be. I hope they give him ample time and he will churn out some competitive teams. He just needs time.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Took two things out of his intro presser:

1. He looked drunk with his swaying, etc.

2. He's a likable guy and the type of guy players may play for ...

I kind of think he's an outside-the-box hire. Kind of old. Dinosaur type.

On the surface ... I'd grade it as a 'C-' hire. But, it could be just odd enough it could work.

Comment

https://youtu.be/N_88kGpgDk8

Comment

I can't recall such nonsense about a hire before; he's a drunken dinosaur with bad teeth. I guess every gargoyle finds his voice on this message board. The "swaying" looked like nervousness, although it could be his great foot work. Teams and players would study film of his foot work as a LB. The guy is in the College Football Hall of Fame and on the NCAA Division II Team of the Quarter Century (1973-97). He deserves more respect, even on here.
                      Last edited by Bart; 12-29-2019, 06:37 AM.

Comment

I can't recall such nonsense about a hire before; he's a drunken dinosaur with bad teeth. I guess every gargoyle finds his voice on this message board. The "swaying" looked like nervousness, although it could be his great foot work. Teams and players would study film of his foot work as a LB. The guy is in the College Football Hall of Fame and on the NCAA Division II Team of the Quarter Century (1973-97). He deserves more respect, even on here.
                        The potential of his hire sure wasn't met with a lot of buzz on the other thread discussing this topic. You even said the three finalists (him being one) weren't real exciting.

Comment

You know it says more about them than it does about him.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

The potential of his hire sure wasn't met with a lot of buzz on the other thread discussing this topic. You even said the three finalists (him being one) weren't real exciting.
                              I was expecting someone well known outside of the PSAC and D2 football. I did predict him as the pick out of the three finalists in the other thread. There is a difference in not being excited and criticizing the pick, compared to name calling based on a six minute video and picture. He looks excited and still in football shape; it's too bad he used up his eligibility.

Comment

I was expecting someone well known outside of the PSAC and D2 football.
                                Bloom kind of led us to believe that was the direction. In hindsight, though, this is where they are. I could be wrong about Bloom athletics. I base my observations on following them in football and wrestling and online conversations I've had with Bart, Blue Jay, and other Bloom folks.

I think Bloom has a vision for athletics that is in line with the school's overall mission. They want to compete. They want to make sure that the student-athlete concept is an important part of the university life. Believe it or not, they know they will both win and lose. They are happy with that.

There are other PSAC programs that only think about the winning part, my own alma mater included. That's ok and that's what we, as fans, spend the fall of the year talking about.

I don't think Bloom has that kind of win at all costs (possibly overstated) mentality.

Right now and in the foreseeable future I don't see Bloom beating out WCU, KU, or Shepherd in the east, not to mention ESU which is likely on the rise. The money they just received will help but they will need more.

In wrestling, I don't see how Bloom will compete in the MAC. I think they will be 15th out of 15 every year. The logical move will be to D2. I know you guys are talking about the team showing improvement but all of the other MAC East teams are improving more, even Cleveland State.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X