Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yurcich

Former Shippensburg offensive coordinator Mike Yurcich has just been hired as the OC for Texas after stops at Oklahoma State and Ohio State. He's had quite a career arc.

Not much of an arc. More of a Z haha.

I read that he and Ryan Day didn't get along and Day told him to start considering offers.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
      Not much of an arc. More of a Z haha.

I read that he and Ryan Day didn't get along and Day told him to start considering offers.
      And apparently he did consider some offers. I would imagine the OC at Texas is fairly well compensated.

Comment

Good for Mike, he's a fiery guy, very passionate, demands a lot out of his players and the rest of the coaching staff. Wasn't a fan of him moving to TOSU knowing that Day is a hands on kind of guy and he went from OC at Oklahoma State to Passing Game Coordinator and QB coach. He should fit in well at Texas and this should be his last coordinator job before he is offered a P5 HC position. If not I'd take him at Temple as the HC in a heartbeat lol.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
          Good for Mike, he's a fiery guy, very passionate, demands a lot out of his players and the rest of the coaching staff. Wasn't a fan of him moving to TOSU knowing that Day is a hands on kind of guy and he went from OC at Oklahoma State to Passing Game Coordinator and QB coach. He should fit in well at Texas and this should be his last coordinator job before he is offered a P5 HC position. If not I'd take him at Temple as the HC in a heartbeat lol.
          Yeah, it's certainly become obvious over the past few years that the offensive numbers Ship posted when he was there weren't a fluke.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
            Former Shippensburg offensive coordinator Mike Yurcich has just been hired as the OC for Texas after stops at Oklahoma State and Ohio State. He's had quite a career arc.
            Mike has interest from both Auburn and Alabama a couple of years ago.Tennesee wanted him last year as OC. I also read Washington Huskies wanted him as an OC.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Raider 74 View Post

Mike has interest from both Auburn and Alabama a couple of years ago.Tennesee wanted him last year as OC. I also read Washington Huskies wanted him as an OC.
              Guess we weren't going to get him back at Ship, eh? :-)

Comment

Congrats to him! Very cool!

Comment

Yeah, it's certainly become obvious over the past few years that the offensive numbers Ship posted when he was there weren't a fluke.
                  Uh, his name was Zulli

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Harry View Post

Uh, his name was Zulli
                    Ship also had a good OC after Yurcich left.His name is Joe Davis,who is the OC ast Albany.

Comment

Guess we weren't going to get him back at Ship, eh? :-)
                      Not unless you make one hell of a donation. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Harry View Post

Uh, his name was Zulli
                        There were some pretty decent receivers on that team, too. Gundy at Oklahoma State liked what he saw well enough to hire a Division II guy, and Yurcich obviously hasn't been a flop at the Division I level.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Raider 74 View Post

Ship also had a good OC after Yurcich left.His name is Joe Davis,who is the OC ast Albany.
                          Coach Morgan wasn't too bad, either.

Comment

Coach Morgan wasn't too bad, either.
                            Morgan was ok but didn't really have the juice or play calling ability that Yurcich or Davis had. I will say Morgan was more balanced with keeping the RB's involved probably because he spent quite a few years as the RB coach so he had to feed his guys and keep them involved.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

Morgan was ok but didn't really have the juice or play calling ability that Yurcich or Davis had. I will say Morgan was more balanced with keeping the RB's involved probably because he spent quite a few years as the RB coach so he had to feed his guys and keep them involved.
                              I said he wasn't too bad, and Yurcich set a pretty high standard. We've dipped the past couple of seasons, but I think overall talent as well as play-calling has contributed to that.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X