Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curt Cignetti

Re: Curt Cignetti

Congratulations. A very good program. Strong history, fan base, alumni and funding. He should do well.

Comment

Top 5? They might be top 2 or 3 now that FCS has lost Liberty, Texas State, Georgia Southern, App State, and ODU.

Comment

Way to go, Curt! :good:

No doubt Elon beating JMU this fall got their attention.

-

Comment

I saw a story that says he got a 5 year deal at $445k per.

Comment

Cig>>>>portabella

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Boucher View Post
              Cig>>>>portabella
              Why? Just because you got yelled at for not following through with your blocking assignments? :laugh:

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                Why? Just because you got yelled at for not following through with your blocking assignments? :laugh:

-
                I played linebacker for the mud dawgs!! Half a mill speaks for itself

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Boucher View Post
                  I played linebacker for the mud dawgs!! Half a mill speaks for itself
                  How was today's graduation ceremony? Any of your Foosball buddies get a sheepskin?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
                      How was today's graduation ceremony? Any of your Foosball buddies get a sheepskin?
                      Curt's players are graduating. Tort's are at Culpeppers.
                      Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 12-16-2018, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                        I saw a story that says he got a 5 year deal at $445k per.
                        I am seeing $425K per year, according to Football Scoop:

http://footballscoop.com/news/curt-c...mu-head-coach/

Either way, congrats to Coach Cignetti
                        Last edited by ShoNuff; 12-15-2018, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                          Top 5? They might be top 2 or 3 now that FCS has lost Liberty, Texas State, Georgia Southern, App State, and ODU.
                          I wonder if people around those programs regret leaving FCS? I saw the Georgia Southern players and staff go crazy after beating Eastern Michigan on a walkoff field goal to win the Camellia Bowl on Saturday night. I love to see scenes like that because I like the bowls and still think they have a place in the sport. But, and this is coming from a former player, if I were good enough to play at a school like Georgia Southern, App State or Youngstown State (I wasn't), I would prefer to be playing in playoff games in December rather than playing in a random bowl a week before Christmas. There's just nothing like the excitement around a program during a playoff run.

Regardless, congrats to Curt on the promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
                            I wonder if people around those programs regret leaving FCS? I saw the Georgia Southern players and staff go crazy after beating Eastern Michigan on a walkoff field goal to win the Camellia Bowl on Saturday night. I love to see scenes like that because I like the bowls and still think they have a place in the sport. But, and this is coming from a former player, if I were good enough to play at a school like Georgia Southern, App State or Youngstown State (I wasn't), I would prefer to be playing in playoff games in December rather than playing in a random bowl a week before Christmas. There's just nothing like the excitement around a program during a playoff run.

Regardless, congrats to Curt on the promotion.
                            We'll see. The Virginia schools surprised me - I thought they would have kept a good thing going in a state that supports several high end FCS programs including James Madison, Richmond, and William & Mary. Most of these programs have had some pretty strong national success at the FCS level but operate in the shadows of FBS programs I imagine their boosters want to compete with on an even playing field. I also wonder about their ability to continuously fund at the FBS level.

But Liberty has made it known for a long time their intention to seek FBS membership going back to when they hired Turner Gill. There are questions in the higher ed world that should DJT lose the 2020 election that Liberty might lose its non-profit status since they're openly violating it with their forced consumption of RNC material. If so, they'd be the first for-profit participating at any level of NCAA athletics.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X