• Show
Clear All

• OT: PSU

Trouble in Happy Valley.

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Trouble in Happy Valley.
    Care to enlighten us????

Comment

Former player has filed a federal lawsuit against James Franklin and several players over hazing.

Comment

Former player has filed a federal lawsuit against James Franklin and several players over hazing.

Comment

https://www.centredaily.com/news/loc...239276878.html

Comment

I read this on my cell phone. I can't believe anyone that is coaching at Penn State now would even allow this crap....let alone elsewhere. I would be very surprised if he survives these allegations.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
              I read this on my cell phone. I can't believe anyone that is coaching at Penn State now would even allow this crap....let alone elsewhere. I would be very surprised if he survives these allegations.
              It might explain why a number of players transferred out in the recent past...

I thought Franklin with his supposedly goody two shoes ESU pedigree...oh wait.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
                I've read more than my fair share on hazing (a friend did his PhD dissertation on the psychology of college hazing). When asked about hazing in the marching band or in a fraternity, people talk. When you ask athletes about hazing you hear crickets. A lot believe what they did wasn't hazing but you also are asking them to violate the code of silence surrounding it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I've read more than my fair share on hazing (a friend did his PhD dissertation on the psychology of college hazing). When asked about hazing in the marching band or in a fraternity, people talk. When you ask athletes about hazing you hear crickets. A lot believe what they did wasn't hazing but you also are asking them to violate the code of silence surrounding it.
                  So the kid will likely get paid in a settlement to go away. No criminal charges filed.

I wonder how involved the NCAA will get ... they talk a big game regarding hazing. Same with PSU.

As you said ... gotta be able to prove it.

Comment

So the kid will likely get paid in a settlement to go away. No criminal charges filed.

I wonder how involved the NCAA will get ... they talk a big game regarding hazing. Same with PSU.

As you said ... gotta be able to prove it.
                    Depends. If this goes to a grand jury, things will be found that are probably ugly. After Jerry Sandusky, Catholic priests, Larry Nassar, Ohio State, Weinstein, and Epstein, I don't think the public will be able to move past somebody having two major sexual scandals in recent memory.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Depends. If this goes to a grand jury, things will be found that are probably ugly. After Jerry Sandusky, Catholic priests, Larry Nassar, Ohio State, Weinstein, and Epstein, I don't think the public will be able to move past somebody having two major sexual scandals in recent memory.
                      Add to that the frat hazing incidents recently at PSU. makes it look like a culture thing. but who will they sacrifice to make it go away, certainly not Franklin?

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Add to that the frat hazing incidents recently at PSU. makes it look like a culture thing. but who will they sacrifice to make it go away, certainly not Franklin?
                        If they made Franklin the scapegoat he would probably sue them for wrongful termination if there was no hardcore proof he knew of the hazing and failed to address the issue. The crazy thing is that Yetur Gross-Matos was recently touted as a first round pick but this definitely will be a blemish on his character chart and probably drop him off a team or two boards. If he is successful in securing a financial victory in this case I think you'll see plenty more student athletes speak out and seek their restitution as well.

Comment

In the richest county in the country-Loudoun County Va- a high school football player -Tuscarora HS- a student was "hazed" with a broomstick with Coaches keenly aware that hazing was happening. No suspensions. No removals. No reporting until waaay after the fact by the school administration. All games continued to be played. Leesburg Police and CPS were also involved.

Comment

Comment

Thank goodness most of those sewers are gone.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X