Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

Khalid Dorsey, the Howard RB transfer, could be a find. He was very good at York High and had some moments as a freshman at Howard in 2018.

Then again, Jaelen Thompson had a stronger resume and struggled to find playing time last year.
    I do remember that Thompson seemed to be finding a little more time the last few games, though. They need to inject some speed. Durkin was good last year, but was basically a power back. I wouldn't have minded seeing them ran a little two-back action last season, but they seem totally committed to the one-back spread deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Not surprising. That room was getting very crowded. Do you think any of these kids will push Mussina at all?
      I know talking to some of the players,they like Mussina.They also said the kid from Maryland is the real deal.I will get a better feel after the spring game about the juco Qb and the local kid.I did hear the Ship high kid was pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I do remember that Thompson seemed to be finding a little more time the last few games, though. They need to inject some speed. Durkin was good last year, but was basically a power back. I wouldn't have minded seeing them ran a little two-back action last season, but they seem totally committed to the one-back spread deal.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

Glad to see Coach Mac isn't sitting well with his first losing season and is bringing in reinforcements and competition from all over. I'm certain more scholarship $ helps greatly with recruiting especially nabbing transfers from the JUCO ranks and FCS transfers.

Comment

Gannon picks up QB from San Marcos, California

https://newspress.com/sports/2020/sa...on-university/
            Last edited by Sec10-A-14; 01-30-2020, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post
              Gannon picks up QB from San Marcos, California

https://newspress.com/sports/2020/sa...on-university/
              Wonder if he'll enjoy that first winter in Erie?

Comment

He may love to ski. Peak n Peak lodge is only about 30min from Gannon

Comment

In San Marcos, California?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Raider 74 View Post

I know talking to some of the players,they like Mussina.They also said the kid from Maryland is the real deal.I will get a better feel after the spring game about the juco Qb and the local kid.I did hear the Ship high kid was pretty good.
                    Mussina has talent. I think they might be able to take better advantage of it if they shake up the offense there, but I'm sure the guys there know 100 times the football I do. Van Scyoc from all I heard was the real deal. I remember him leading Ship to a win over Bishop McDevitt in the playoffs, which was a big win for the Hounds even if it wasn't McDevitt's best team.

Comment

• Of course, I do wish Van Scyoc had brought his All-State WR with him. Cody Gustafson had 17 catches against McDevitt, including one of the most remarkable lay-out, TD grabs I ever saw.

But Gustafson went to Grove City, and his "little" brother, 6-5, 250-pound TE Nick, is going to follow him there. Nick Gustafson would probably have FCS interest if he hadn't made it clear he was going nowhere but Grove City.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                        Of course, I do wish Van Scyoc had brought his All-State WR with him. Cody Gustafson had 17 catches against McDevitt, including one of the most remarkable lay-out, TD grabs I ever saw.

But Gustafson went to Grove City, and his "little" brother, 6-5, 250-pound TE Nick, is going to follow him there. Nick Gustafson would probably have FCS interest if he hadn't made it clear he was going nowhere but Grove City.
                        I think we'll be OK at receiver. Need to get speed going at RB and DB, plus nab a few more studs for the lines.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                          In San Marcos, California?
                          Its like here in Ft Worth You can't ski in TX but the nonstops flights are always full with skiers going to the Colo resorts.
                          Google tells me there are 35 ski resorts in California

Comment

• Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post

Its like here in Ft Worth You can't ski in TX but the nonstops flights are always full with skiers going to the Colo resorts.
                            Google tells me there are 35 ski resorts in California
                            I'd guess if you dig there is a connection linking the staff to somebody out there. Of course, maybe GU is (drastically) expanding its recruiting territory. Neverthelesss it's pretty rare for a PSAC school to get a high school recruit from Cali.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I think we'll be OK at receiver. Need to get speed going at RB and DB, plus nab a few more studs for the lines.
                              Gontarek is on the spring roster. That's a big question.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I'd guess if you dig there is a connection linking the staff to somebody out there. Of course, maybe GU is (drastically) expanding its recruiting territory. Neverthelesss it's pretty rare for a PSAC school to get a high school recruit from Cali.
                                Agree Reaburn has been around for a few yrs so....
                                I know the Cal kid had an offer from Valpo no saying much there, Valpo seems to offer every high school kid out there.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X