Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bloom14 View Post
    Can confirm Van Scyoc has transferred from Bloom to Ship. Thought he should have played some last year instead of Leiby at some times.
    I'm going to admit to some hometown bias on this one. But it always seemed like Leiby was annointed there from the time he signed on the dotted line. Van Scyoc didn't get much of a chance. He's not going to run the RPO 30 times a game, but he is a solid pocket passer with a history of stepping up when necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

I'm going to admit to some hometown bias on this one. But it always seemed like Leiby was annointed there from the time he signed on the dotted line. Van Scyoc didn't get much of a chance. He's not going to run the RPO 30 times a game, but he is a solid pocket passer with a history of stepping up when necessary.
      Wonder why he didn't pick somewhere like Lock Haven ... somewhere that needs a QB and he could actually start? I obviously can't see him unseating Mussina.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Wonder why he didn't pick somewhere like Lock Haven ... somewhere that needs a QB and he could actually start? I obviously can't see him unseating Mussina.
        Very tight with the Shippensburg community, IUP. His brother is a local police officer (former Ship basketball guard Craig); his sister-in-law is the school's softball coach. I'm more surprised that he left in the first place.

Comment

I agree. Leiby honestly had more hype coming in and everyone thought that he was going to unseat Benjamin in his first season. But last year, Van Scyoc should've gotten some looks when Leiby wasn't as accurate as he needed to be.

Comment

I agree. Leiby honestly had more hype coming in and everyone thought that he was going to unseat Benjamin in his first season. But last year, Van Scyoc should've gotten some looks when Leiby wasn't as accurate as he needed to be.
            Hard to be accurate when Leiby was under pressure most of the time. I believe he proved if he had ample time, the ball was on target. Not pointing blame on noone, but Leiby was sacked more than any other QB in the PSAC. He would have started as a true freshman, but the process was to give Benjamin a shot as the starter. They did start Leiby game 7, but he tore his ankle early in the 2and quarter, that sidelined him for the remainder of the season. I certainly believe that Leiby is a talented QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Footballfanofall View Post

Hard to be accurate when Leiby was under pressure most of the time. I believe he proved if he had ample time, the ball was on target. Not pointing blame on noone, but Leiby was sacked more than any other QB in the PSAC. He would have started as a true freshman, but the process was to give Benjamin a shot as the starter. They did start Leiby game 7, but he tore his ankle early in the 2and quarter, that sidelined him for the remainder of the season. I certainly believe that Leiby is a talented QB.
              I have no doubt that Leiby has some skills; I saw enough of his HS game film. But Bloomsburg didn't get to see what Van Scyoc could do when he got into the flow of a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Footballfanofall View Post

if you watched most of bloom's games, a lot of time leiby created most of those sacks because he had plenty of time / couldn't get rid of the ball out of his hands

Comment

if you watched most of bloom's games, a lot of time leiby created most of those sacks because he had plenty of time / couldn't get rid of the ball out of his hands
                  When you have 3 receivers going out and defense is. Dropping 4 - 5 in coverage, there is no place to go with the ball. Also the receivers to to get separation from coverage. A few times he did try to force it into tight or double coverage it was either incomplete or picked. He is not perfect by any means. That's why I commented last year on they need to go to more of a spread scheme to open the pass game up. Force defense's to go more man.

Comment

U
                    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

That's interesting. It's probably not surprising they'd go more for the juco route this year as they obviously have a lot of holes to plug on defense. Given our location, going harder into Md. and Virginia also seems to make sense. Shepherd has been mining those areas for years, obviously with good success. With the QB you mention and addition of Van Scyoc, it sounds as if the QB room will be full.
                    They also have the freshman Qb that was the big 33 qb for Maryland.Mac has a very talented QB room.The kid from Pine Richland is in the transfer portal.He saw the writing on the wall.

Comment

Mayfield OH LB and team captain Colin Cunningham commits to Edinboro. He's 6-0 220 and had offers from Lake Erie and Wheeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Raider 74 View Post

Ship has a Qb from Western Illinois, De from Valley Forge Military, db from Virginia via juco in Kansas,wr juco out of New Jersey,kicker from Pa,along with a transfer rb out of Howard.Ship is recruiting a bunch of juco players. They are recruiting Md and Virginia hard. They do have more scholarships. Two of my former teammates confirmed that ,one has a son on the team.
                        Khalid Dorsey, the Howard RB transfer, could be a find. He was very good at York High and had some moments as a freshman at Howard in 2018.

Then again, Jaelen Thompson had a stronger resume and struggled to find playing time last year.

Comment

Ship has a Qb from Western Illinois, De from Valley Forge Military, db from Virginia via juco in Kansas,wr juco out of New Jersey,kicker from Pa,along with a transfer rb out of Howard.Ship is recruiting a bunch of juco players. They are recruiting Md and Virginia hard. They do have more scholarships. Two of my former teammates confirmed that ,one has a son on the team.
                          Glad to see Coach Mac isn't sitting well with his first losing season and is bringing in reinforcements and competition from all over. I'm certain more scholarship $ helps greatly with recruiting especially nabbing transfers from the JUCO ranks and FCS transfers.

Comment

[QUOTE=CALUPA69;n478193]
                            Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                            For what it's worth....
                            CAL U VERBAL COMMITS....ADD ONS

https://www.hudl.com/profile/7670714/Chasen-Wint
                            HAVERFORD HS 5'11" 200# RB/DE
                            https://www.hudl.com/profile/7599574/Jaishon-Hawkins
                            PGH CENT. CATH. 6'1" 170# WR/DB
                            ????https://wwe.hudl.com/profile/7643842/Sharod-A-Lindsey
                            PGH CENT CATH 6'4" 190# WR/ DB
                            https://www.hudl.com/profile/7410828/Nashawn-Jackson
                            ERIE MCDOWELL 6'3" 325# T/DT
                            https://www.hudl.com/profile/7759270/Raejon-Benjamin
                            WISSAHICKON HS 6'0" 220# MLB
                            https://www.hudl.com/profile/9775644/Evan-Pellegrine
                            BELLWOOD-ANTIS HS 6'0" 280# T/DT/C 1st Team PA ALL STATE 2A
                            https://www.hudl.com/profile/9487643/Justin-Piper
                            BISHOP MCDEVITT. 6'0" 190# SS/RB
                            https://www.hudl.com/profile/8787721/Zach-Crutchman
                            JEANNETTE HS 6'2" 240#. DE/T 1st Team PA ALL STATE 1A
                            https://www.hudl.com/profile/4644171/Jake-Ardary
                            BISHOP MCCORT HS 6'0" 210# LB/TE
                            https://www.hudl.com/profile/7174878/Steven-Graves-III
                            SUSQUEHANNA HS 5'8". 160# WR/FB/KR
                            https://www.hudl.com/profile/2871341/Junior-McConahy
                            WILMINGTON HS 6'4" 200# TE/SE/DE 1st Team PA ALL STATE 2A
                            ++

Comment

Mac at it again! Lovely! Always pulling for that guy to succeed

Comment

U

They also have the freshman Qb that was the big 33 qb for Maryland.Mac has a very talented QB room.The kid from Pine Richland is in the transfer portal.He saw the writing on the wall.
                                Not surprising. That room was getting very crowded. Do you think any of these kids will push Mussina at all?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X