Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post

Only two of the transfers are one year guys, the DB from Post and the RB from Portland St; I would more impressed with the QB if he was from North Dakota St.

They had to bring a bunch of RB they had ZERO listed on spring roster; at his point it would seem that the freshmen RB will play some this year and not be redshirted.
    Thirty some recruits is down right ridiculous, sounds like a lot of walk ons, unless they have 36 schollies....which I suspect they dont.....just sayin

Comment

• Ship initial recruiting class:
      Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Hometown/High School
      Solomon Alexander DL 6-1 270 New Castle, Del./St. George's Tech (Valley Forge Mil. Acad.)
      Brett Benjamin WR 5-9 170 Lancaster, Pa./Manheim Township
      Chris Butler WR 6-2 175 Silver Spring, Md./Montgomery Blair (Shepherd)
      Nour Chirchi OL 6-2 280 Alexandria, Va./Edison
      Javon Cruz LB 5-10 215 Rahway, N.J./Bergen Catholic
      Jake DeLuccia RB 6-0 220 Wayne, N.J./Wayne Valley
      Khalid Dorsey RB 5-10 170 York, Pa./York (Howard)
      Josh Emge LB 5-10 205 Lancaster, Pa./Manheim Township
      Sam Emge LB 5-11 205 Lancaster, Pa./Manheim Township
      Grant Ferrauilo QB 6-2 205 Wayne, N.J./Wayne Valley (El Camino/W.Illinois)
      Darius Flood OL 6-3 270 Burlington, N.J./Burlington City
      Jake Hines DL 6-4 200 Lancaster, Pa./Lampeter-Strasburg
      Demetrius Hudson LB 6-0 230 Willingboro, N.J./Paul VI (Valley Forge Mil. Acad.)
      Corben Jones DL 6-2 275 Bel Air, Md./Patterson Mill
      Jaxson Montross K/P 6-0 160 Tunkhannock, Pa./Tunkhannock
      Jordan Nash TE 6-3 180 Sicklerville, N.J./Timber Creek
      Jaxson Rand RB 6-0 205 Alexandria, Pa./Juniata Valley (Millersville)
      Tykey Reinberry WR 6-0 175 Somerset, N.J./Franklin Township
      Rickquan Rivera OL 5-11 290 Philadelphia, Pa./West Catholic
      Nyzair Smith RB 5-10 180 York, Pa./Dallastown
      Carter Van Scyoc QB 6-3 205 Shippensburg, Pa./Shippensburg Area (Bloomsburg)
      Sultan Williams DB 5-10 165 Hampton, Va./Bethel (Fort Scott C.C.)

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
        Ship initial recruiting class:
        Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Hometown/High School
        Solomon Alexander DL 6-1 270 New Castle, Del./St. George's Tech (Valley Forge Mil. Acad.)
        Brett Benjamin WR 5-9 170 Lancaster, Pa./Manheim Township
        Chris Butler WR 6-2 175 Silver Spring, Md./Montgomery Blair (Shepherd)
        Nour Chirchi OL 6-2 280 Alexandria, Va./Edison
        Javon Cruz LB 5-10 215 Rahway, N.J./Bergen Catholic
        Jake DeLuccia RB 6-0 220 Wayne, N.J./Wayne Valley
        Khalid Dorsey RB 5-10 170 York, Pa./York (Howard)
        Josh Emge LB 5-10 205 Lancaster, Pa./Manheim Township
        Sam Emge LB 5-11 205 Lancaster, Pa./Manheim Township
        Grant Ferrauilo QB 6-2 205 Wayne, N.J./Wayne Valley (El Camino/W.Illinois)
        Darius Flood OL 6-3 270 Burlington, N.J./Burlington City
        Jake Hines DL 6-4 200 Lancaster, Pa./Lampeter-Strasburg
        Demetrius Hudson LB 6-0 230 Willingboro, N.J./Paul VI (Valley Forge Mil. Acad.)
        Corben Jones DL 6-2 275 Bel Air, Md./Patterson Mill
        Jaxson Montross K/P 6-0 160 Tunkhannock, Pa./Tunkhannock
        Jordan Nash TE 6-3 180 Sicklerville, N.J./Timber Creek
        Jaxson Rand RB 6-0 205 Alexandria, Pa./Juniata Valley (Millersville)
        Tykey Reinberry WR 6-0 175 Somerset, N.J./Franklin Township
        Rickquan Rivera OL 5-11 290 Philadelphia, Pa./West Catholic
        Nyzair Smith RB 5-10 180 York, Pa./Dallastown
        Carter Van Scyoc QB 6-3 205 Shippensburg, Pa./Shippensburg Area (Bloomsburg)
        Sultan Williams DB 5-10 165 Hampton, Va./Bethel (Fort Scott C.C.)
        Seven Jersey kids. Looks as if the tuition moves might be paying off.

Comment

• Official VULCANS 2020 CLASS...
          https://calvulcans.com/news/2020/2/5...020-class.aspx

Comment

• Edinboro has historically recruited in two waves. First announced today:

https://gofightingscots.com/news/202...y-central.aspx

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP412 View Post

Thirty some recruits is down right ridiculous, sounds like a lot of walk ons, unless they have 36 schollies....which I suspect they dont.....just sayin
              THE ROCK had over 30 last year, but some never made it to the fall roster, (Shamar Greene was a walk-on); most Freshmen get little money;(the DL from West Virginia last year got a lot but I do not think he got a full ride)also some of these recruits may get aid academically, I read a lot about gpa in some of the recruits bio.

even though the golf outing raises about 85K a year, and there are some significant donors; they are not close to 36; but maybe the recent success will result in more donors.

I think this is a big year for Lutz, this is his fifth, this kids are all his, can he keep the momentum of the last two years going or will there be a fall back. The schedule is not easy, Wayne St is not chopped liver, 8-3 in the Gliac finished second behind Ferris, on the road at IUP and Cal and Shepherd will be seeking revenge for losing in playoffs

Comment

THE ROCK had over 30 last year, but some never made it to the fall roster, (Shamar Greene was a walk-on); most Freshmen get little money;(the DL from West Virginia last year got a lot but I do not think he got a full ride)also some of these recruits may get aid academically, I read a lot about gpa in some of the recruits bio.

even though the golf outing raises about 85K a year, and there are some significant donors; they are not close to 36; but maybe the recent success will result in more donors.

I think this is a big year for Lutz, this is his fifth, this kids are all his, can he keep the momentum of the last two years going or will there be a fall back. The schedule is not easy, Wayne St is not chopped liver, 8-3 in the Gliac finished second behind Ferris, on the road at IUP and Cal and Shepherd will be seeking revenge for losing in playoffs
                Keep in mind that just because a school offers scholarships, they are very rarely for a "full-ride". Most schools don't have the full funding needed to accomplish THAT feat. I would doubt that even in the hallowed Crimson halls of IUP, fully-funded full ride scholarships are a common thing..

Comment

• FYI- Frostburg St signed 43

Comment

• Tiffin signed 51. Yikes. West Liberty got a grad transfer QB from WVU - but not a peep about anything else. Their Twitter account hasn't had any activity since January 4. That's not good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Esu4545 View Post
                      How we doing esu
                      Their twitter feed has shown their class. Looks like they got some size on some of their boys this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Keep in mind that just because a school offers scholarships, they are very rarely for a "full-ride". Most schools don't have the full funding needed to accomplish THAT feat. I would doubt that even in the hallowed Crimson halls of IUP, fully-funded full ride scholarships are a common thing..
                        That is correct. From my understanding most offers are a couple to a few thousand dollars. I do not know if D-2 actually allows full athletic scholarships. Not sure what the average number would be in the west (they have more scholarship money than the east). I would like to know the average between the east/west.

Comment

• Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

That is correct. From my understanding most offers are a couple to a few thousand dollars. I do not know if D-2 actually allows full athletic scholarships. Not sure what the average number would be in the west (they have more scholarship money than the east). I would like to know the average between the east/west.
                          Why do they have more?

Comment

FYI- Frostburg St signed 43
                            If you ever sign 43 hit the panic button. You either just graduated half your team or half your team bailed out.

Or, of course, you're loading up on walk-ons to boost enrollment.

Comment

• Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

DII allows for full athletic scholarships. I would say that unless a program is 20+ it would be rare and even then probably reserved for a star athlete. However, the combination of athletic aid with government grants like Pell, fee waivers, and academic aid sometimes means guys attend for free with the football scholarship being just a piece.

I believe someone did an article on this several years ago - but in the West the schools have a greater share of their athletic scholarships in football than the schools in the East. That simple. If I recall correctly, most West schools were NAIA or "old DII" in football and were raising football scholarship money before the athletic programs migrated to NCAA DII. I think I saw that a few East schools were DIII before becoming NCAA DII.

Comment

• D2 scholly's can vary...my son went to Gannon..a very $$ place..was highy recruited at the d2 level (actually had a fcs offer at one point)..walked through the door with about 70% paid just in scholly money..was a 4 yr starter..and got $$$ increases each yr...was a starter on Gannon's 2014 9-2 team...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X