Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I think my reading comprehension is still decent (considering my advanced age) but when I read the release I thought he was from NDSU.
    You know what they say when you assume

Comment

• From what I've heard from my source, the president put an emphasis on academic scholarships. There's some high quality players on here, and they're good academically. This looks like a program that will be good for years to come. Wish they had just a few more athletic scholarships...

Comment

• Clarion posted a total of 34 yesterday, with a few more trickling in today. Not sure if it made the board or not but the administration announced a major initiative last fall to increase funding to the athletic department. That announcement came on the heels of the push to update athletic facilities and the completion of the 43M renovation of the athletic department facilities and gymnasium. The program pushed scholarship equivalencies for football from 8-10 to the mid to upper teens affective immediately and available for the 2020 recruiting class. The increase will continue over the next 3-5 years and beyond (at least that's the plan). This is a huge swing for football operations and the impact is obvious with their class. I think I counted 9 or 10 transfers in the class and some serious talent. guys that will make an immediate impact and help to build something that has been a thorn in their side for quite some time....depth. excited to see the product they put on the field in the fall with the talent they have returning and the new crop they just brought in...should be interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by CUlater View Post
          Clarion posted a total of 34 yesterday, with a few more trickling in today. Not sure if it made the board or not but the administration announced a major initiative last fall to increase funding to the athletic department. That announcement came on the heels of the push to update athletic facilities and the completion of the 43M renovation of the athletic department facilities and gymnasium. The program pushed scholarship equivalencies for football from 8-10 to the mid to upper teens affective immediately and available for the 2020 recruiting class. The increase will continue over the next 3-5 years and beyond (at least that's the plan). This is a huge swing for football operations and the impact is obvious with their class. I think I counted 9 or 10 transfers in the class and some serious talent. guys that will make an immediate impact and help to build something that has been a thorn in their side for quite some time....depth. excited to see the product they put on the field in the fall with the talent they have returning and the new crop they just brought in...should be interesting.
          I don't say this as sarcasm but where is the coin coming from? As a whole I was under the impression Clarion was in pretty bad shape.

Comment

The program pushed scholarship equivalencies for football from 8-10 to the mid to upper teens affective immediately and available for the 2020 recruiting class. The increase will continue over the next 3-5 years and beyond (at least that's the plan).
            I'm a bit confused. It was my understanding that university funds were not allowed to be used for athletic scholarships. Aren't scholarships supposed to be funded through specific donations/endowments not operating resources ? Let me know.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
              I'm a bit confused. It was my understanding that university funds were not allowed to be used for athletic scholarships. Aren't scholarships supposed to be funded through specific donations/endowments not operating resources ? Let me know.
              Or, at Cal, at the expense of the Science and English departments?

Lol

Couldn't pass it up. Sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Or, at Cal, at the expense of the Science and English departments?

Lol

Couldn't pass it up. Sorry.
                Not a problem, saw that one coming, but please answer the question if you know. Thanks..

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Not a problem, saw that one coming, but please answer the question if you know. Thanks..
                  FS82 can answer it the best. He knows this stuff better than anybody else.

Comment

• I don't believe that PASSHE rule changed so I'd have to see where the money is coming from. The dollar amount could be coming from fee waivers like housing or meal plans.

Comment

Why do they have more?
                      Why? I don't know the answer to that, but when you look at the comparison of the scholarship dollars between the west schools vs the east, the west schools mainly have more scholarship money. Granted Gannon and Mercy being private schools, you can still throw them out and see that there is a big difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
                        Updated Shepherd Rams Signed Commit List via Twitter:

Ryan Beach 5'5" 150 lbs WR Northwest HS Germantown, MD
                        TJ Spain WR 6'2 205 lbs from Millbrook HS in Winchester, VA.
                        Jack Rosnage DE/DT Huntington, MD 6'2" 215 lbs
                        Mike Forbes II DE Washington, DC Friendship Heights 6'3" 240 lbs
                        Wyatt Pellicano OL Archbishop Spalding 6'2" 300 lbs
                        Mason Newton DE/TE Urbana HS Frederick, MD 6'4" 220 lbs
                        Matt Bednarski DL Martinsburg HS Martinsburg, WV 6'2" 250 lbs
                        Curtis Jefferson OL Woodrow Wilson HS Washington, DC 6'2" 285 lbs
                        Michaelangelo Collins DL Parkside HS Sailsbury, MD 6'1" 280 lbs
                        Kevin Couser LB Baltimore City HS Baltimore, MD 6'1'' 225 lbs
                        Tyler Booker OL New Town HS Owings Mills, MD 6'0'' 270 lbs
                        Malakai Brown ATH Martinsburg HS Martinsburg, WV 5'11'' 195 lbs
                        Dimario Brooks WR James Monroe HS Fredericksburg, VA 5'11" 165 lbs
                        Dustin Keith DL Linganore HS Frederick, MD 6'2" 250 lbs
                        Ty Lucas OL Martinsburg HS Martinsburg, WV 6'3" 315 lbs
                        Steven Williams DL Quince Orchard HS Gaithersburg, MD 6'3" 320 lbs
                        James Bell OL Manchester HS Midlothian, VA 6'1" 250 lbs

Full list as of this morning via Shepherd Twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

Why? I don't know the answer to that, but when you look at the comparison of the scholarship dollars between the west schools vs the east, the west schools mainly have more scholarship money. Granted Gannon and Mercy being private schools, you can still throw them out and see that there is a big difference.
                          I was being sarcastic. They have more because they raise more. There's no rule saying the West gets more money than the East. They just do a better job of raising the money.

If the East schools want more money ... go get it. Find some whales. Get some big corporate money. It's not easy and takes some work ... but it obviously can be done.

Frank Cignetti did it so well the league had to implement a rule. Money does all the talking at this level. As I always say, D2 athletics has a worse disparity from top to bottom than MLB.

Comment

Clarion posted a total of 34 yesterday, with a few more trickling in today. Not sure if it made the board or not but the administration announced a major initiative last fall to increase funding to the athletic department. That announcement came on the heels of the push to update athletic facilities and the completion of the 43M renovation of the athletic department facilities and gymnasium. The program pushed scholarship equivalencies for football from 8-10 to the mid to upper teens affective immediately and available for the 2020 recruiting class. The increase will continue over the next 3-5 years and beyond (at least that's the plan). This is a huge swing for football operations and the impact is obvious with their class. I think I counted 9 or 10 transfers in the class and some serious talent. guys that will make an immediate impact and help to build something that has been a thorn in their side for quite some time....depth. excited to see the product they put on the field in the fall with the talent they have returning and the new crop they just brought in...should be interesting.
                            Malen Luke must be sorry he ever left!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Malen Luke must be sorry he ever left!!!
                              Wow ... haven't heard that name in a long time.

Comment

I don't say this as sarcasm but where is the coin coming from? As a whole I was under the impression Clarion was in pretty bad shape.
                                That was my thought, as well. A quick google search yielded the article (or abstract of an article) below but it is from 2014.

https://www.questia.com/read/1P2-381...l-hopes-grants

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X