Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
    Two observations. First, now there is no choice, no need to "decide" as everyone is competing, or attempting to, with programs with as many as 36. Secondly, a dozen years since the 25 football scholarship limit has been lifted and the four programs in the PSAC with 25 or more all came from outside the PSAC: Mercyhurst, Shepherd, Gannon and Seton Hill.
    And 3 of the 4 stink.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Here's the text from a story I wrote in May of 2006:

Again, remember this is from 2006.

Again, 2006.
      Thank you Matt for posting this old article!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

And 3 of the 4 stink.
        But we all know there's a difference between fully-funded private schools and fully funded public schools. When offering quality D-II caliber players the private schools can split their scholarships in half and offer 50% off tuition, and that still won't beat an in state school's PWO offer when it comes to bottom line cost. In fact, according to this list of D-II national champs (https://www.ncaa.com/history/football/d2 ) only the 1977 Lehigh team won the national championship as a private school. Just a very hard feat for private schools

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

But we all know there's a difference between fully-funded private schools and fully funded public schools. When offering quality D-II caliber players the private schools can split their scholarships in half and offer 50% off tuition, and that still won't beat an in state school's PWO offer when it comes to bottom line cost. In fact, according to this list of D-II national champs (https://www.ncaa.com/history/football/d2 ) only the 1977 Lehigh team won the national championship as a private school. Just a very hard feat for private schools
          The California QB #LIT-AF just signed stated he got a 'full ride'

Comment

The California QB #LIT-AF just signed stated he got a 'full ride'
            Source ???

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
              Source ???
              It was in the article posted on here a week or two back.

Comment

It was in the article posted on here a week or two back.
                You're saying QB from CALIFORNIA.....never mind me !!

Comment

• Here's the list of ESU signees. Can't wait to see what this group adds to the family!!

https://esuwarriors.com/news/2020/2/...of-intent.aspx

Comment

• Two Ohio State football players were arrested on felony rape charges.

Wonder if SRU football staff is on their way to Columbus?

Comment

• Clarion added two more transfers to the list this week bringing their total to 41 new guys. Looking over this class I noticed something pretty interesting. They are up to an almost 50/50 split on PA VS. Non PA recruits. looks like 22 from PA, 19 Non PA covering 10 states. A couple years back they set out to start diversifying the demographic and this year it looks to have taken another pretty significant jump.

Also from what I've seen it looks like Rock and IUP both and strong classes but I'm really impressed with what I've seen from East Stroud, Hurst, and Ville. I haven't don't too much digging but on the surface it looks like ESU had a great class and Hurst has had a couple years in a row with very solid recruiting. Ville seems to be getting some things rolling as well.

Comment

• The latest recruiting lists for PSAC schools. And unless they hired a new staff two weeks ago, I can't see why a school would not have this up on their website.

East
                        Bloomsburg
                        East Stroudsburg
                        Kutztown: no release
                        Lock Haven: no release
                        Millersville
                        Shepherd
                        Shippensburg
                        West Chester

West
                        California
                        Clarion
                        Edinboro
                        Gannon: no release
                        Indiana
                        Mercyhurst
                        Seton Hill
                        Slippery Rock
                        Last edited by jrshooter; 02-14-2020, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                          The latest recruiting lists for PSAC schools. And unless they hired a new staff two weeks ago, I can't see why a school would not have this up on their website.

East
                          Bloomsburg
                          East Stroudsburg
                          Kutztown: no release
                          Lock Haven: no release
                          Millersville
                          Shepherd
                          Shippensburg
                          West Chester: no release

West
                          California
                          Clarion
                          Edinboro
                          Gannon: no release
                          Indiana
                          Mercyhurst
                          Seton Hill
                          Slippery Rock
                          In the past couple of years I don't recall seeing West Chester or Kutztown posting their recruiting class. And I have a feeling Lock Haven won't post this year's class.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

In the past couple of years I don't recall seeing West Chester or Kutztown posting their recruiting class. And I have a feeling Lock Haven won't post this year's class.
                            Here's some info on LHU recruiting. Looks like hiring a coach from south of the Mason-Dixon Line is paying off because they are getting a lot of kids from the South.

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/recru...iting-tracker/

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Here's some info on LHU recruiting. Looks like hiring a coach from south of the Mason-Dixon Line is paying off because they are getting a lot of kids from the South.

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/recru...iting-tracker/
                              They should concentrate on south of route 80.

Comment

• Oh, darnit, I posted LSU's recruits, not LHU's. Senior moment, I guess.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X