Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 vs. 2019

Full disclosure: This is an IUP thread.

Most of you won't care about this, but I found some odd similarities between the 1998 IUP season and the 2019 IUP season.

Bear with me:
    • Both teams finished 10-2 overall with one loss in PSAC West play.
    • Both teams lost at Slippery Rock in the regular season ... and at home to Shepherd in the playoffs.
    • The 1998 team's two losses were by a total of nine points; the 2019 team's two losses were by a total of seven points.
    • The Slippery Rock games were the sixth of the season in both years.
    • Both regular seasons ended with consecutive wins over Edinboro and Shippensburg.
    • The Shepherd playoff games were both in the first round.
    • Both IUP teams started one-year DI transfer QBs (Paul Failla in 1998; Quinton Maxwell in 2019).
    • Both Failla and Maxwell finished the season with nine interceptions.
    • Both IUP teams featured tailback-by-committees (Terrance Wilson, Tink Stennett and Richard Montague in 1998; Samir Bullock, Justice Evans and Malik Anderson in 2019).
    • Three players on each team had 100-yard rushing games (Wilson, Stennett and Kyle Shedrick in 1999; Bullock, Evans and Adam Houser in 2019).
    • Both teams scored two touchdowns on defense. (Greg Dorsey and Kwasi Asare in 1998; Dondrea Tillman and Damon Lloyd in 2019).
    • Player #21 led both teams in scoring (Tink Stennett in 1998; Duane Brown in 2019).

Thank you. I'll let you all go back to whatever it is you were doing before.

http://www.indianagazette.com
    www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Seems like yesterday. We got old.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post
      Full disclosure: This is an IUP thread.

Most of you won't care about this, but I found some odd similarities between the 1998 IUP season and the 2019 IUP season.

Bear with me:
      • Both teams finished 10-2 overall with one loss in PSAC West play.
      • Both teams lost at Slippery Rock in the regular season ... and at home to Shepherd in the playoffs.
      • The 1998 team's two losses were by a total of nine points; the 2019 team's two losses were by a total of seven points.
      • The Slippery Rock games were the sixth of the season in both years.
      • Both regular seasons ended with consecutive wins over Edinboro and Shippensburg.
      • The Shepherd playoff games were both in the first round.
      • Both IUP teams started one-year DI transfer QBs (Paul Failla in 1998; Quinton Maxwell in 2019).
      • Both Failla and Maxwell finished the season with nine interceptions.
      • Both IUP teams featured tailback-by-committees (Terrance Wilson, Tink Stennett and Richard Montague in 1998; Samir Bullock, Justice Evans and Malik Anderson in 2019).
      • Three players on each team had 100-yard rushing games (Wilson, Stennett and Kyle Shedrick in 1999; Bullock, Evans and Adam Houser in 2019).
      • Both teams scored two touchdowns on defense. (Greg Dorsey and Kwasi Asare in 1998; Dondrea Tillman and Damon Lloyd in 2019).
      • Player #21 led both teams in scoring (Tink Stennett in 1998; Duane Brown in 2019).

Thank you. I'll let you all go back to whatever it is you were doing before.

Comment

That is interesting, Matt. Almost like that Lincoln-Kennedy coincidence thing that they would always talk about. Just more proof how history recycles itself. It is odd.

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
          That is interesting, Matt. Almost like that Lincoln-Kennedy coincidence thing that they would always talk about. Just more proof how history recycles itself. It is odd.

-
          Except the end part about Marilyn. She was long dead when JFK was assassinated

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X