Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

C. None of the above

What if they remain in the state but are unable to find a job utilizing their philosophy or women and gender studies degree?
    It's just employment in PA. Doesn't have to be in their field. Unless I'm missing something.

My actuarial students almost always leave PA because that's where they're recruited. Some stay here to work for Erie Insurance but Erie isn't as exciting as Cleveland, Columbus, or Hartford.

Comment

Let's see horses or educating our young people and keeping them in state to pay state taxes rather than them seeking employment in neighboring states like Delaware, NY, NJ, Maryland, WV and Ohio??? This should be a no brainer but then again we did flip and vote in Trump so anything is possible lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

It's just employment in PA. Doesn't have to be in their field. Unless I'm missing something.

My actuarial students almost always leave PA because that's where they're recruited. Some stay here to work for Erie Insurance but Erie isn't as exciting as Cleveland, Columbus, or Hartford.
        So they get their non skill based degrees (e.g. philosophy or women and gender studies) and find work at 1st Main Bank and Trust as a a teller, loan officer, customer support rep, and they do not have to pay back the loan. That's a good deal because they have the degree and can find advancement at the bank in this example or other corporate endeavors. It would be like back in the early 80s when I worked construction as a laborer because I couldn't find accounting positions. Finally, I landed a Temp gig at Fisher Body McKeesport in the accounting department, went to Pitt Greensburg to learn me some 'puter programming and the 'ole' career sky rocketed from there.

Comment

Wolf discusses the plan in Lock Haven.

https://www.lockhaven.com/news/local...t-on-our-kids/

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
            So they get their non skill based degrees (e.g. philosophy or women and gender studies) and find work at 1st Main Bank and Trust as a a teller, loan officer, customer support rep, and they do not have to pay back the loan. That's a good deal because they have the degree and can find advancement at the bank in this example or other corporate endeavors. It would be like back in the early 80s when I worked construction as a laborer because I couldn't find accounting positions. Finally, I landed a Temp gig at Fisher Body McKeesport in the accounting department, went to Pitt Greensburg to learn me some 'puter programming and the 'ole' career sky rocketed from there.
            You are talking about the current generation of students who all leave school and expect to get hired as a CEO within 30 days?

Some of these degrees we offer should have a mandatory minor in Starbucks.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

You are talking about the current generation of students who all leave school and expect to get hired as a CEO within 30 days?

Some of these degrees we offer should have a mandatory minor in Starbucks.
              Ain't THAT THE truth.....

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X