Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The XFL Season started today - who are the PSACers in the league?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The XFL Season started today - who are the PSACers in the league?

So we have another 6 weeks or so until Spring camps and Spring games.

To fill the time we can watch the rebirth of the XFL.

Who are the former PSAC'ers now playing in the league?

from Gannon Tyler Pelka WR #16 with DC Defenders
    Also played Ottawa in CFL

Comment

I caught a little bit of the Seattle-DC game between breaks in the Pitt hoops game this afternoon. So, what does everyone think of this XFL? It didn't look too bad. Seemed like a decent product. Uniforms looked cool enough. I saw that former Seahawks QB Jim Zorn was coaching one of the teams. I never could get interested in the spring football of the USFL and some of the other leagues that came and went over the years but now that I am older maybe I would be willing to give it a go. I could see where it could be a great developmental tool for the NFL at the very least.

-

Comment

Didn't see any ... was at that 96-60 IUP win over SRU.

How was it?

Oddly I was at a house party at IUP on Opening Night of the original XFL ... the night He Hate Me became a star

Comment

https://www.d2football.com/forum/for...nd-who-we-know

Comment

Comment

I generally agree, Chuck. The one thing I'll give them is that there appears to be a few more recognizable names than the last few attempts.

A little more curiosity for that reason. But no, it won't be enough in the long run.

And then again, "recognizable" is a relative notion. Different for different people.
              Last edited by jrshooter; 02-09-2020, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Comment

JR Shooter, you mean to tell me there are forum pages beyond the PSAC page? And they may cover similar topics. Shocking! Astounding. Yawn. .........

Comment

Originally posted by IUP Ebbs View Post
                    JR Shooter, you mean to tell me there are forum pages beyond the PSAC page? And they may cover similar topics. Shocking! Astounding. Yawn. .........
                    You apparently didn't see it in the week and a half that it was on the front page.

Comment

Can't miss what you don't look for.

Comment

I thought it was hit and miss among the four games this weekend, but I think the quality of play was better than the AAF was last year, but probably on par with the CFL more so than the NFL - and that's not necessarily a bad thing. Perhaps the smartest thing Vince McMahon did was to basically turn over the XFL operation to Oliver Luck and get the hell out of the way, unlike XFL Part I. For what it's worth, the attendance of this weekend's four games ranged from about 17-20K. As long as the quality of play improves in the coming weeks, XFL Part II has a chance to be a little more sustainable compared to other spring leagues.
                        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Dejuan Neal from Shepherd is a starter for the New York team.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                            I caught a little bit of the Seattle-DC game between breaks in the Pitt hoops game this afternoon. So, what does everyone think of this XFL? It didn't look too bad. Seemed like a decent product. Uniforms looked cool enough. I saw that former Seahawks QB Jim Zorn was coaching one of the teams. I never could get interested in the spring football of the USFL and some of the other leagues that came and went over the years but now that I am older maybe I would be willing to give it a go. I could see where it could be a great developmental tool for the NFL at the very least.

-
                            What do you call NCAA football, if not a developmental tool for the NFL?!

Comment

Collegiate Athletics is what NCAA football is about. Student athletes playing a game while pursuing a degree. More than 73,500 play collegiate football. Only 1.6 percent go on to play major professional football. The NCAAs are NOT a developmental leagu .

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X