Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 Out of Conference Thread

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
    Frostburg State is joining the MEC i believe next year. That would be a nice close opponent for a good portion of the conference. I'm hoping Shepherd and them can start a yearly thing with them considering they are about 90 mins apart.
    I believe it will take Frostburg a couple of years of good recruiting and development before they agree to an OOC game with someone of Shepherd's caliber.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
      I believe it will take Frostburg a couple of years of good recruiting and development before they agree to an OOC game with someone of Shepherd's caliber.
      I think it would be really important for Shepherd to do everything they can to get FSU on the schedule. They are going to go head to head in recruiting for a lot of players going forward. It's really the first real threat Shepherd has had for DMV players that I can remember.

Comment

"I think it would be really important for Shepherd to do everything they can to get FSU on the schedule. They are going to go head to head in recruiting for a lot of players going forward. It's really the first real threat Shepherd has had for DMV players that I can remember."

I didn't think about the recruiting competition that Shepherd would have against Frostburg. After looking at their roster the recruits come from mostly the exact same areas. Frostburg may be a little further west than Shepherd but they are a have larger enrollment and have a good program. It shouldn't take them long to compete and win in DII. Shepherd needs to continue to win on the field and continue to upgrade facilities in order to compete in recruiting. If they don't Frostburg could end up being the football power in the area. Competition is good and hopefully it will drive Shepherd to continue to make improvements. Joining the PSAC was a good first step.

Comment

Originally posted by wvftballfan View Post
          "I think it would be really important for Shepherd to do everything they can to get FSU on the schedule. They are going to go head to head in recruiting for a lot of players going forward. It's really the first real threat Shepherd has had for DMV players that I can remember."

I didn't think about the recruiting competition that Shepherd would have against Frostburg. After looking at their roster the recruits come from mostly the exact same areas. Frostburg may be a little further west than Shepherd but they are a have larger enrollment and have a good program. It shouldn't take them long to compete and win in DII. Shepherd needs to continue to win on the field and continue to upgrade facilities in order to compete in recruiting. If they don't Frostburg could end up being the football power in the area. Competition is good and hopefully it will drive Shepherd to continue to make improvements. Joining the PSAC was a good first step.
          Here's an example of the competition.

https://frostburgsports.com/news/201...-upgrades.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
            I think it would be really important for Shepherd to do everything they can to get FSU on the schedule. They are going to go head to head in recruiting for a lot of players going forward. It's really the first real threat Shepherd has had for DMV players that I can remember.
            Lets don't forget Bowie State, who has been to the NCAA D-II playoffs the past 2 years. Lately they have able to recruit quality players from the DMV. They already a threat to Shepherd.

Comment

Originally posted by wvftballfan View Post

I think its going to take Frostburg a little while before they will be able to actually compete. For starters they need a little time convert that roster into a D-II one.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                I think it's an important year for Tortorella.
                The guy is 21-4, can't be to important....just sayin

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
                  I read In Koz's sports page that Shepherd would be open to play an FCS team. I hope they don't because it doesn't help the D2 regional rankings. They'd be better off playing one of PSAC teams they don't play this year. Why not IUP and Shepherd in a two year deal or at least 2019? Both teams are in a rebuild process and it would be a great game. And they play at Shepherd since I can get there in 10 minutes.
                  Can't be done IUP is already playing at Shepherd in 2020 crossover action.

Comment

I think it's an important year for Tortorella.
                    IupGroundHog,

Can you explain what you mean?

Comment

IupGroundHog,

Can you explain what you mean?
                      Next 2 year schedule is out for 2020/2021. home and home crossover. There not going to play in 2019, not worth it. IUP already found a dance partner for 2019 Home game.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
                        Next 2 year schedule is out for 2020/2021. home and home crossover. There not going to play in 2019, not worth it. IUP already found a dance partner for 2019 Home game.
                        I was just asking Iupgroundhog why he thinks this upcoming season is an important season for Coach Tortorella. I was not commenting on who should be their OOC opponent.

Comment

The OOC game for CALU isn't posted yet but the VULCANS are already facing another tough 4 crossover and conference games. KUTZ and SHIP at ADAMSON followed by BORO and IUP on the road. If the opener is against someone as good or better than ODU, we're looking at another tough grind to stay competitive in the West. The opener has been a tough game each year with the exception of '15 and '14 versus VSU, Time will tell.

Comment

I was just asking Iupgroundhog why he thinks this upcoming season is an important season for Coach Tortorella. I was not commenting on who should be their OOC opponent.
                            Because I think he lost control of the team. When you see that kind of disarray on the sidelines and when you see so many talented players underperform you have to look at the top. And all these things just spiraled downward as the season progressed. In my mind the honeymoon is over for Torts. I'm hoping for improvement in 2019.

Comment

Because I think he lost control of the team. When you see that kind of disarray on the sidelines and when you see so many talented players underperform you have to look at the top. And all these things just spiraled downward as the season progressed. In my mind the honeymoon is over for Torts. I'm hoping for improvement in 2019.
                              Pump the brakes they got Robbed at Cal lost by 3 to Rock and nothing to play for last game. Over reaction on your part for sure. Another big year and u will probably lose Torts to a 1AA gig.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
                                Pump the brakes they got Robbed at Cal lost by 3 to Rock and nothing to play for last game. Over reaction on your part for sure. Another big year and u will probably lose Torts to a 1AA gig.
                                win by 1 against bottom feeder Clarion close games with Gannon and Edinboro. Naw, they tanked, A bad HS coach could win 6 or 7 with that schedule and those players

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X