Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 Out of Conference Thread

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
    win by 1 against bottom feeder Clarion close games with Gannon and Edinboro. Naw, they tanked, A bad HS coach could win 6 or 7 with that schedule and those players
    The 2018 season was a throw away and a total disappointment. History won't remember it. Small footnote in program history.

And, yes, a donkey could have coached that team to 6 or 7 wins.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
      Because I think he lost control of the team. When you see that kind of disarray on the sidelines and when you see so many talented players underperform you have to look at the top. And all these things just spiraled downward as the season progressed. In my mind the honeymoon is over for Torts. I'm hoping for improvement in 2019.
      I believe that's fair to say. I realize you are not talking about firing Coach Tort, but if the team takes a step back again it is fair to have more concern, and still not talking about firing him.

Comment

I'd like to thank the IUP fans for hijacking this thread to bring up IUP related stuff that has nothing to do with what IUP, or for that matter, the other 15 PSAC football schools, plan to do for the first week of the season. This is one reason why a lot of the fans of the other 15 PSAC football schools aren't exactly enamored with IUP in the first place.

Would it kill y'all to keep this and other threads on topic?
        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

:good:
          Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
          I'd like to thank the IUP fans for hijacking this thread to bring up IUP related stuff that has nothing to do with what IUP, or for that matter, the other 15 PSAC football schools, plan to do for the first week of the season. This is one reason why a lot of the fans of the other 15 PSAC football schools aren't exactly enamored with IUP in the first place.

:good::good::

Comment

Fair enough

Comment

Rabs, these conversations weave in and out sometimes all over the place. They always have and they always will. Posters simply respond to the last post they read. By it's very nature the conversations can go astray. It's just the way it is and it gives life to the forum.

It's everybody's ideas. If you want to control what people post and where they post it that's very interesting. Maybe you should redefine the parameters for us. Maybe you should be the forum cop (no offense intended to actual law enforcement personnel).

Comment

After some thought, here are a few of my proposals/guidelines for posting.

1) Ghost of Homer (including any future incarnations) should not be permitted to post at all. I just don't like what he has to say, primarily in regards to my alma mater, and I think his posts have no redeeming value. He's gone. Warrior Voice, you're on the bubble.
                2) Posts on any particular thread/topic shall be allocated based on the number of divisional championships in football each poster's school has won in the last 30 years. If that doesn't go over well it can be based on NCAA playoff appearances. Sorry, Horror Child, I really liked what you had to say but you don't qualify. That first night game thing won't get you very far.
                3) Posts will now be run through an algorithm to screen for specific "keywords" that render your comments germane to the topic. So, be mindful of employing too much slang and expect a delay before your post actually is available to other forum participants. Also, the site reserves the right to edit your post.

Happy posting and Go #&*!!!

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                  After some thought, here are a few of my proposals/guidelines for posting.

1) Ghost of Homer (including any future incarnations) should not be permitted to post at all. I just don't like what he has to say, primarily in regards to my alma mater, and I think his posts have no redeeming value. He's gone. Warrior Voice, you're on the bubble.
                  2) Posts on any particular thread/topic shall be allocated based on the number of divisional championships in football each poster's school has won in the last 30 years. If that doesn't go over well it can be based on NCAA playoff appearances. Sorry, Horror Child, I really liked what you had to say but you don't qualify. That first night game thing won't get you very far.
                  3) Posts will now be run through an algorithm to screen for specific "keywords" that render your comments germane to the topic. So, be mindful of employing too much slang and expect a delay before your post actually is available to other forum participants. Also, the site reserves the right to edit your post.

Happy posting and Go #&*!!!
                  Gonna try and take your ball and go home? Well Not a ounce of care in my body for your opinion of me or your alma mater. Like my man said you IUP posters are annoying and pompous, you deem my posts have no value? Who are you again exactly ?

Comment

The Groundhog spoke of the Devil. The Devil appeared.

LOL ... where you been, Homer? Jail?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                      The Groundhog spoke of the Devil. The Devil appeared.

LOL ... where you been, Homer? Jail?
                      Yeah man it took my old lady months to get the money to post bail!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
                        Yeah man it took my old lady months to get the money to post bail!
                        LOL. Welcome back.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

So much for the cupcake theory.

Comment

That's a solid opener - plus New Haven has some name recognition with those who were following during the Frank, Sr. years.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                                So much for the cupcake theory.

ROCK 59 New Haven 20 and it wasn't that close

New Haven had a ton of seniors, their QB was there for 6 years. New Haven will be retooling as well.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X