Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Out of Conference Thread

Let's kick off the 2019 "Week 1 Out-of-Conference" schedule thread with Edinboro travelling to Michigan to take on Grand Valley State on Sept. 7.

Can you say "ouch"?

Hat tip to Boro for scheduling a major player in D2 football to start the season.
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Re: 2019 Out of Conference Thread

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
    Let's kick off the 2019 "Week 1 Out-of-Conference" schedule thread with Edinboro travelling to Michigan to take on Grand Valley State on Sept. 7.

Can you say "ouch"?

Hat tip to Boro for scheduling a major player in D2 football to start the season.
    Sheesh that's a hell of a opening game for Boro hopefully they can remain healthy and semi-competitive in that game.

Comment

Is the whole conference open in week 1? I hope Shepherd grabs another game but historically they haven't scheduled the 11th game.

Since there are so many teams in the conference, have teams in the PSAC in the past looked at scheduling one of the other teams that aren't on the "regular" season schedule? For example IUP and Shepherd don't play this year but decide to play in week 1 just to get the extra game and keep travel costs down?

Comment

Can you say "ouch"?

ESU opened with Ferris State last year...Remember that?!?!? They open with FCS Wagner this year...

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
          Is the whole conference open in week 1? I hope Shepherd grabs another game but historically they haven't scheduled the 11th game.

Since there are so many teams in the conference, have teams in the PSAC in the past looked at scheduling one of the other teams that aren't on the "regular" season schedule? For example IUP and Shepherd don't play this year but decide to play in week 1 just to get the extra game and keep travel costs down?
          In 2018, all 14 teams in the PSAC were active Week 1. Shippensburg and Clarion played each other in one of those false-OOC games you're referring to.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

It has been done.

I would not be surprised if IUP does not have an OOC game with it being a slight rebuilding year.

Comment

Can you say "ouch"?

Edinboro is getting paid handsomely to play GV. They get 3 great OOC games and lots of cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                Edinboro is getting paid handsomely to play GV. They get 3 great OOC games and lots of cash.

I'd sure hope. Being a sacrificial lamb should pay well.

Comment

Slippery Rock opens at Wayne St (MI).
                  West Chester finishes their four-game series with Bentley.

Comment

Any word if IUP has decided to play an OOC game?

Comment

So...that makes the Willies the Melania of the PSAC.

:laugh:

Comment

Without divulging financial information what's the average payout for traveling to a top 5 D2 program? I know the FCS teams generally pay $10-35K for D2 games curious what the GV, NWMS, Valdosta's pay for out of conference games especially against teams they'll be heavily favored to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
                          Without divulging financial information what's the average payout for traveling to a top 5 D2 program? I know the FCS teams generally pay $10-35K for D2 games curious what the GV, NWMS, Valdosta's pay for out of conference games especially against teams they'll be heavily favored to beat.
                          From what I was told Edinboro is making double your range for the three games (two games are at Lubbers).

Comment

From what I was told Edinboro is making double your range for the three games (two games are at Lubbers).
                            Wow then that trip is well worth whatever the final scores will be in those 3 games. GV averages 8000-13k per game at home so I'm sure between ticket sales, concession and parking they're still making a decent penny after cutting the check to the Boro.

Comment

2019 Out of Conference Thread

Hopefully they say they love you after they are done...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X