Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: WCU Travel Ban

"As West Chester University continues to monitor the rapidly evolving issues and concerns surrounding COVID-19, it is clear that WCU must suspend all non-essential travel for University business effective, Friday, March 6, 200. As such, all official travel is suspended for University business outside of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for faculty, staff, and students."

Originally posted by Wcball00 View Post
    "As West Chester University continues to monitor the rapidly evolving issues and concerns surrounding COVID-19, it is clear that WCU must suspend all non-essential travel for University business effective, Friday, March 6, 200. As such, all official travel is suspended for University business outside of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for faculty, staff, and students."
    Wow so does this mean all athletic teams are stuck to only compete within the state they won't be permitted to play in the NCAA tournaments if selected?

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

Wow so does this mean all athletic teams are stuck to only compete within the state they won't be permitted to play in the NCAA tournaments if selected?
      Yes. Not only that, but several spring teams that were to leave for fundraised spring break trips today/tomorrow are not allowed to travel and had to cancel all travel arrangements the day before/ day of.

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Yes. Not only that, but several spring teams that were to leave for fundraised spring break trips today/tomorrow are not allowed to travel and had to cancel all travel arrangements the day before/ day of.
          Wow. Too bad this can't be put on hold for another few weeks. Is there any other school in the country doing this?

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Wow. Too bad this can't be put on hold for another few weeks. Is there any other school in the country doing this?
            Not that I'm aware of. As of now, track and swimming athletes that have qualified for Nationals next week are not allowed to travel. Ironic thing is that every other institution is traveling somewhere for spring break and will be on WCU's campus shortly after.

Comment

In my opinion this is all a bit of an overreaction to be honest. If anyone cares to delve into the statistics of the Coronavirus they would see that it is pretty comparable to the average strain of the flu that goes around each year. I believe that the flu has killed over 2,000 Americans this year alone. Most at risk for this latest vogue epidemic are the usual suspects= the elderly and those with a compromised immune system.

People can avoid the Coronavirus the same way that you can beat the regular strains of flu that we see each winter= use common sense. Keep your hands washed. Don't touch your mouth, nose and eyes when you hands are not sterilized. Minimize things you touch to avoid the droplets that cause the virus.

Now give me a true world pandemic such as the 1918 Spanish Influenza outbreak that is thought to have killed anywhere from between 20 million to 100 million people globally and then I'll run screaming into the hills.

I just don't think that we need to have such a major overreaction to this thing at this point in time. Just exercise some caution, good judgment and common sense and you should be okay.

Famous last words?

-

Comment

Overkill and wash your hands...

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                  In my opinion this is all a bit of an overreaction to be honest. If anyone cares to delve into the statistics of the Coronavirus they would see that it is pretty comparable to the average strain of the flu that goes around each year. I believe that the flu has killed over 2,000 Americans this year alone. Most at risk for this latest vogue epidemic are the usual suspects= the elderly and those with a compromised immune system.

People can avoid the Coronavirus the same way that you can beat the regular strains of flu that we see each winter= use common sense. Keep your hands washed. Don't touch your mouth, nose and eyes when you hands are not sterilized. Minimize things you touch to avoid the droplets that cause the virus.

Now give me a true world pandemic such as the 1918 Spanish Influenza outbreak that is thought to have killed anywhere from between 20 million to 100 million people globally and then I'll run screaming into the hills.

I just don't think that we need to have such a major overreaction to this thing at this point in time. Just exercise some caution, good judgment and common sense and you should be okay.

Famous last words?

-
                  I think you must know more than the entire world medical community. As I understand it we don't know how to control the spread of it and we don't have a vaccine for it. 100,000 people have contracted it and I believe a few thousand have died.

Maybe this will all blow over but what I don't understand is how this has become political. The only people minimizing the risks (about something they don't even understand) are political conservatives. Are Trump's words that reassuring?

Comment

Originally posted by Rambaseball View Post
                    Overkill and wash your hands...
                    Short and straight to the accurate points. Agree with you...

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

Famous last words?

-
                      I agree with you 100%! I think the country is really overreacting.

Comment

So ... would head-strong MBB coach Damien Blair have bailed out on the PSAC Tournament and NCAA Regional had they not failed to qualify?

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I think you must know more than the entire world medical community. As I understand it we don't know how to control the spread of it and we don't have a vaccine for it. 100,000 people have contracted it and I believe a few thousand have died.

Maybe this will all blow over but what I don't understand is how this has become political. The only people minimizing the risks (about something they don't even understand) are political conservatives. Are Trump's words that reassuring?
                          What?! You mean this just won't disappear when it gets warmer, Like the President said?! What? We only have 75,000 tests when we are a population of 320,000,000?! Who's not prepared?! Why just the other day VP Pence said "Anyone who wants to be tested can be tested." The same guy who ignored an HIV crisis in his own state?! What?! The first warnings came on Dec 1st and he waited until the end of February to respond?! What?! Nothing to see here people?! What?!

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

What?! You mean this just won't disappear when it gets warmer, Like the President said?! What? We only have 75,000 tests when we are a population of 320,000,000?! Who's not prepared?! Why just the other day VP Pence said "Anyone who wants to be tested can be tested." The same guy who ignored an HIV crisis in his own state?! What?! The first warnings came on Dec 1st and he waited until the end of February to respond?! What?! Nothing to see here people?! What?!
                            How many Americans die annually from influenza? 34,200 in 2018
                            What percentage of Americans get vaccinated for influenza? 37% in 2018

Puts COVID-19 issue into perspective.

We should have learned how to handle this after the H1N1 outbreak was so mishandled.

Comment

Not that I'm aware of. As of now, track and swimming athletes that have qualified for Nationals next week are not allowed to travel. Ironic thing is that every other institution is traveling somewhere for spring break and will be on WCU's campus shortly after.
                              Not to mention the thousands of non-athletes that traveled for spring break and will be back on WCU's campus shortly as well. Or their tennis teams that were/are already in Florida.

And now that there are confirmed cases in PA, it makes this travel suspension even more ridiculous.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X