Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I think you must know more than the entire world medical community. As I understand it we don't know how to control the spread of it and we don't have a vaccine for it. 100,000 people have contracted it and I believe a few thousand have died.

Maybe this will all blow over but what I don't understand is how this has become political. The only people minimizing the risks (about something they don't even understand) are political conservatives. Are Trump's words that reassuring?
    Vast majority of deaths over 80 and/or with underlying conditions. US Swine flu infection was 61 million and deaths were over 12k from April 2009 to April 2010 just for reference. jus sayin
    Last edited by BallHawkin; 03-11-2020, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

What?! You mean this just won't disappear when it gets warmer, Like the President said?! What? We only have 75,000 tests when we are a population of 320,000,000?! Who's not prepared?! Why just the other day VP Pence said "Anyone who wants to be tested can be tested." The same guy who ignored an HIV crisis in his own state?! What?! The first warnings came on Dec 1st and he waited until the end of February to respond?! What?! Nothing to see here people?! What?!
      Need more TP? jus sayin

Comment

Pitt, Duquesne, Villanova, West Chester, Penn State, UPenn,, Harvard, Edninboro, Millersiville, Susquehanna, Ship, Ohio State and Kutztown are taking steps to extend breaks or go on-line. Cincinnati cancelled their spring football game. Looks like WCU was ahead of the 8 ball. More Pa Schools reacing: https://papost.org/2020/03/11/heres-...e-coronavirus/

Comment

Ivy League has cancelled all spring sports practices and games.

Comment

https://twitter.com/newcuiture/statu...916371970?s=21

just in case anybody wants to see Rudy Gobert two days ago before testing positive today.

Comment

As of now, IUP is still hosting the basketball regional. However, as of last night, no fans are permitted inside the KCAC. Closed to the public.

With what happened in the NBA and NHL ... I have doubts that by dinner tonight there will even be a regional. My guess is they shut it down.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

With teams like the Browns and Bengals in the Buckeye state this is probably a pretty good idea. Merciful even.

-
                lol

Comment

Originally posted by Wcball00 View Post
                  https://twitter.com/newcuiture/statu...916371970?s=21

just in case anybody wants to see Rudy Gobert two days ago before testing positive today.
                  I went through the twitter feed and saw Vince Carter check into the game last night. With only 15 seconds left down by 8, the Knicks all froze and let the 22 year vet put up a three, which could very well be his last basketball shot. It was nice and heartwarming to see the man make it. 22 years in professional sports. Not many people last 22 years in one every day profession. Kudos to him.

Comment

ESU has extended spring break by a week.

Comment

For what it's worth, Duke and Kansas both cancelled their sports schedules (which occurred on either Tuesday or Wednesday) prior to the NCAA cancelling all championships across all three divisions, including March Madness, on Thursday.
                      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
                        For what it's worth, Duke and Kansas both cancelled their sports schedules (which occurred on either Tuesday or Wednesday) prior to the NCAA cancelling all championships across all three divisions, including March Madness, on Thursday.
                        What IS is worth?!

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Comment

I had heard the report re: Duke and Kansas that they were suspending athletics for the rest of the season on The Ticket sports radio in Dallas on Tuesday, so that's what I based my comments on.
                            Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

My one neighbor was taking his daily solo walk through a local state park. A ranger kicked him out. I feel so much safer now.

Another neighbor has a kid attending West Chester. They were given a time slot to remove the kid's contents from the residence hall, but the family isn't permitted to do it since they reside in Montgomery County.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
                                My one neighbor was taking his daily solo walk through a local state park. A ranger kicked him out. I feel so much safer now.

Another neighbor has a kid attending West Chester. They were given a time slot to remove the kid's contents from the residence hall, but the family isn't permitted to do it since they reside in Montgomery County.
                                All a part of what can only be labeled as a MAJOR overreaction. It's Y2K all over again.

I'm sure that all of us on here have had various ailments before in our lives. If we get Corona we can just survive that as well. The people most at risk for it are just as much at risk for the flu, pneumonia and just about any other form of illness that comes down the pike.

-

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X