Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Seriously, when I see people citing these large numbers for the flu versus the relatively small numbers of the coronavirus it doesn't give me a lot of comfort. If you take a closer look at those numbers it shows that about 1 out of 1,000 people who get the flu actually die from it (and the truth is a lot of those people have other ailments and the flu just pushes them over the brink). Currently, in the U.S. about 1 out of 20 people diagnosed with coronavirus have died. That is not good.
    This is showing 1 in 50, so the death rate is decreasing? And this shows that "being elderly and having other illnesses, for instance, greatly increases the risk of dying from the disease" which is similar to influenza's impact.

The governor continues to close establishments in Montgomery County. No chance of panic though.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

This is showing 1 in 50, so the death rate is decreasing? And this shows that "being elderly and having other illnesses, for instance, greatly increases the risk of dying from the disease" which is similar to influenza's impact.

The governor continues to close establishments in Montgomery County. No chance of panic though.
      Perhaps the U.S. mortality numbers are a bit skewed with all of those old people up in the state of Washington who were at death's door already. They could have died from just about anything that gave them a little bit of a push.

Bottom line is that over 98% of the people who get Covid-19 do actually survive. Those are MUCH better odds than the vast majority of these other pandemics that we have seen in the long history of our world.

I believe that pneumonia has been long referenced to as the sick old man's best friend as it will kill you quick. Same thing with this latest illness. Not much different.

-

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

I believe the mortality rate will decrease with more cases and more people tested. At the beginning, the worst cases were reported and tested. There are probably a lot more people who have it but have not been tested. Here in El Paso we had our first confirmed case yesterday. Seems to be a lot of panic around here and no toilet paper. I have concerns. Mexico is right next door and they have not taken the measures most other countries have. Basically, I have no idea what's going on. I don't think anybody does.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X