Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't say for sure about this but my perception regarding Houser being in the Honors Program is that's a 4-yr. program. I don't see a reason to RS him, especially when considering recent history of our RB's.health-wise.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
      I can't say for sure about this but my perception regarding Houser being in the Honors Program is that's a 4-yr. program. I don't see a reason to RS him, especially when considering recent history of our RB's.health-wise.

That's true but then he could get his first year of grad school paid for by IUP. Who knows. Last year they seemed all dinged up -- all the time. Maybe the football Gods will give them a break this year.

I may be scorned from the basketball side of things -- where they routinely get burnt by redshirting players. Who knows what can happen over a year -- they get arrested, flunk out, transfer over lack of playing time, etc.

Smoke 'em if you gotta 'em

In a bygone era ... yes, redshirt as many as possible. Today, however, I'm not so sure. These kids transfer over cafeteria food these days.

I'm really impressed many of the infamous 'Academic Group' from a year ago stuck it out and stayed in the program. It would have been easy for them to bail out. Had Duane Brown wanted to transfer he'd have had every school around calling the same day.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        Irvin did not participate along with a slew of other front-line players.
        Hmmmm...well that kind of stinks! Oh well...just hope the team is ready for New Haven.

Comment

This site is actually kind of nice while some haven't figured out how to long on yet. Just sayin'
          LOL...it did take me a while before I finally was able to log on.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
            I can't say for sure about this but my perception regarding Houser being in the Honors Program is that's a 4-yr. program. I don't see a reason to RS him, especially when considering recent history of our RB's.health-wise.
            VERY good point there IUPGroundHog. Maybe he does play this year, perhaps special teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Hmmmm...well that kind of stinks! Oh well...just hope the team is ready for New Haven.

From Matt's article it sounded like most were held out out of precaution. Smart move by Tort. Damon Lloyd and Easterling don't need to beat up on the young kids (or get hurt themselves in a meaningless scrimmage).

Comment

From Matt's article it sounded like most were held out out of precaution. Smart move by Tort. Damon Lloyd and Easterling don't need to beat up on the young kids (or get hurt themselves in a meaningless scrimmage).
                And...sounds like a little more when it comes to Irvin Charles:

https://www.indianagazette.com/sport...73c8b5324.html
                duane brown, paul tortorella, wide receiver, american football, sport, jalen reese, irvin charles, touchdown, nazir streater

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

And...sounds like a little more when it comes to Irvin Charles:

https://www.indianagazette.com/sport...73c8b5324.html
                  Lets hope it is a compliance with NCAA paper work issue, and not compliance with team rules issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Lets hope it is a compliance with NCAA paper work issue, and not compliance with team rules issue.
                    Its probably compliance issue with the NCAA. Just hope he's cleared come Week 1.

Comment

• I noticed nobody has commented that they are now going to have a free concert by some rising country singer before the Homecoming Game. So...we now have bouncy houses and stuff in Week 1....giving away 50K for some contest that is probably rigged not to pay out and now a concert. If attendance doesn't increase, it's not the game day environment.

Comment

• There is also a wine festival inside the KCAC during the home opener (along with The Clarks over-taking Philly Street at night(.

Comment

This site is actually kind of nice while some haven't figured out how to long on yet. Just sayin'
                          LOL. Looks like the investment bankers and Homer are lost in cyber space.

I agree, much better forum to read. But at least Homer is funny.

-

Comment

• IUP Homecoming Concert 2019

DABABY

Lil Mosey

Polo G

Just a guess here but our music expert, IUPCRIMSONHAWKS, likely picked these performers. LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

LOL. Looks like the investment bankers and Homer are lost in cyber space.

I agree, much better forum to read. But at least Homer is funny.

-
                              you, sir, have a strange sense of humor.

Comment

IUP Homecoming Concert 2019

DABABY

Lil Mosey

Polo G

Just a guess here but our music expert, IUPCRIMSONHAWKS, likely picked these performers. LOL.
                                Hang me now! LOL.

-

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X