X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    Don't take the bait!!!

Comment

• That's true. With Lenny running the offense everything revolved around Lenny. With Maxwell I think they can use all their weapons more effectively. The word is that Maxwell can run. You're not going to see too many designed running plays with him but he has some mobility. I think the positives when comparing to the last couple of years will be more of a wide open passing attack and from what I've seen Maxwell has the potential to manage the game better.

Comment

• Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post

I might be the only one here that was not impressed with Maxwell. The first TD drive he was lights out but for most of the game after that I was missing Lenny. At least 2 of the picks were careless throws into coverage, the one at the scoreboard end was particularly horrible, 4-5 defenders around 1 IUP receiver. I guess I expected more from the kid and hopefully he fine tunes things the next couple weeks before the 5hit gets real in October, he will be counted on heavily. They need to figure out a way to get the ball in the hands of D. Brown .....5 touches are not enough.....obviously.

Defensively I thought they looked pretty good overall, made some splash plays that brought back memories of a couple years ago. The biggest concern I saw from week one is the way NH was able to get outside containment. In this defense it's vital the ends set the edge but they did a poor job most of the day.

It was a quality win at home in a good atmosphere. Not sure how much will be learned about this team the next couple of weeks but hopefully they come out of it healthy. jus sayin
        I won't say I was not impressed with him. However, I thought he could have played better. If you go back to the Indiana Gazette during the Spring/Summer you would read an article from Matt with Coach Tort stating he wanted a QB that can manage the game and cut down on the turnovers. This first game Maxwell did not cut back on the turnovers. On a busted play he threw a 47 yard TD pass on his 2nd pass of the game. I think that prompted him to start take chances and force some passes, which he got burnt on. If he takes what the defense is giving him he will do fine. But I agree with you BallHawkin, I expected much more from him, especially since he has played and started as a MAC QB. We will see if he cleans it up going forward.

I won't continue to complain about IUP's run support with it's DEs. You hit it square on the nose....Just Saying. But I agree, overall the defense played well.

Comment

• That's not fat. That's what a Prototype D1 caliber QB looks like. Its not anything like you're used to seeing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Number83 View Post

That's not fat. That's what a Prototype D1 caliber QB looks like. Its not anything like you're used to seeing.
            Cut it out. That is not what a prototype D1 Qb looks like lol

Comment

• Originally posted by PSACHomer2.0 View Post

Cut it out. That is not what a prototype D1 Qb looks like lol
              Recruiting guidelines:

https://www.gobigrecruiting.com/recr...es/quarterback
              BCS Quarterback

Physical Measurables:

• Height: 6'4"
              • Weight: 220 lbs.

Now remember, this is Maxwell, but 5 years after his recruiting days:
              6'3"
              229 lbs

Comment

Recruiting guidelines:

https://www.gobigrecruiting.com/recr...es/quarterback
                BCS Quarterback

Physical Measurables:

• Height: 6'4"
                • Weight: 220 lbs.

Now remember, this is Maxwell, but 5 years after his recruiting days:
                6'3"
                229 lbs

Comment

• Well, since I had sinus work done today and had a deviated septum fixed and some bone shaved to open up airwaves, I'll be down tomorrow watching some D2 streams. I plan on tuning into IUP, Cal, Shepherd and the Rock. Can't wait for some good D2 ball. I can say that having your nose broken and shaved under the influence of 35mg of valium,40 mg of Oxycontin, and local anesthetic as needed still smarts a bit. However, on the upside, I'll be changing my name to Hollywood Monk because like Mickey told Rocky when Apollo Creed broke Rock's nose, "it's an improvement". I'm almost afraid to walk around a college campus for fear of of being over run by coeds. All I need is a blond wig and I'll look like Sunshine on Remember that Titans.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
                    Well, since I had sinus work done today and had a deviated septum fixed and some bone shaved to open up airwaves, I'll be down tomorrow watching some D2 streams. I plan on tuning into IUP, Cal, Shepherd and the Rock. Can't wait for some good D2 ball. I can say that having your nose broken and shaved under the influence of 35mg of valium,40 mg of Oxycontin, and local anesthetic as needed still smarts a bit. However, on the upside, I'll be changing my name to Hollywood Monk because like Mickey told Rocky when Apollo Creed broke Rock's nose, "it's an improvement". I'm almost afraid to walk around a college campus for fear of of being over run by coeds. All I need is a blond wig and I'll look like Sunshine on Remember that Titans.

Comment

That's not fat. That's what a Prototype D1 caliber QB looks like. Its not anything like you're used to seeing.
                      You took the bait...

Comment

• I expect a heavy dose of Mr. Houser today.

Homer's QB may weigh 150 lbs soaking wet.

Tell you what ... still stumped on that Cal vs Kutztown game. Took Cal officially but having some doubts.

The (imaginary) Pick 'Em money, per our esteemed members' selections:

* loves Clarion to cover that 10.5 number
                        * about 95% took Rock -13.5 over Ship
                        * about 97% took IUP -24.5

The Pitt vs PSU game was a different animal. It's closer to even.

Also of note, a big percentage of pickers took Kutztown today at California.

From memory, not a single person took either Gannon (at home) or Seton Hill.

Comment

• Calm down Lombardi they didn't play St. Elsewhere. Maxwell is a player plain and simple. New Haven possible most likely a playoff team in this Region. He can make all the throws I will trade that for 2 sacks a game trust me......just sayin

Comment

• Your superstar at Cal is about 185 soaking wet and took a beating from Kutz, he is exactly Doug Flutie, be surprised if he makes it to the Coal Bowl at this hit rate.....Just Sayin

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP412 View Post

Your superstar at Cal is about 185 soaking wet and took a beating from Kutz, he is exactly Doug Flutie, be surprised if he makes it to the Coal Bowl at this hit rate.....Just Sayin
                              He sure did take a beating yesterday.

Comment

• IUP Still Ranked 24th. Not much movement in the Top 25 really. West Chester moved up 1, but that's it.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...9/seasontype/2

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X