Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another thing that wasn't mentioned is that Jalen Jackson, LHU's All-American TE did not play. I would have liked to see him go up against the IUP defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
      The attendance from the Lock Haven Game is listed as 3892, which seems about right. Also no ghost busters - so the band seemed better. Maybe someone is listening. All in All a pretty good atmosphere. I also have to mention that Maxwell looked really good , too - sure its lock haven, but the TD pass to JoJo, and the fake on his TD run were something special. I agree though, there is not a huge decline when reese comes in. It will be interesting the next few games to see how Maxwell performs, I don't think Hurst is as good as New Haven, but is playing at home, and then the big 2. Was anyone else wondering why the D started so slowly last week. Looked like they were unprepared for what LHU was doing.
      3900 still seemed low to me, but I'll buy it. Maybe because I was packed in the middle of Section B and it was warm out. However, Ghostbusters was played 4 times throughout the game. I made a note to count. But it was very energetic each time. :-) All in all it was a good atmosphere until midway through the 3rd when the students left.

Comment

• Originally posted by Number83 View Post

3900 still seemed low to me, but I'll buy it. Maybe because I was packed in the middle of Section B and it was warm out. However, Ghostbusters was played 4 times throughout the game. I made a note to count. But it was very energetic each time. :-) All in all it was a good atmosphere until midway through the 3rd when the students left.

Oh yeah ... the 'busters got played at least 3-4 times. Who ya gonna call ...

IUP is making some serious progress with the attendance. Homecoming (Cal) will be another big gate. The last two get more challenging as the weather unfolds (and depending on what happens in the Cal/SRU games). They get swept in those two and you'll obviously see a nosedive at the gate.

So, to keep this progressing ... now that the people are in the seats, we have to get the place rocking a little bit. They need some more lively in-game music, etc. It's better, but it has a long way to go to really make it a home field advantage. Better music will engage the crowd more. Motion creates emotion. There are little things they could add ... like the THIRRRRRRDDDDDD DOWWWWWNNNN and play the bells when the opposing team has a third down, etc. Home crowds love that stuff.

My honest opinion is you have to get the students in the center behind the team bench. They are too far removed. Think Duke basketball, etc. I know that's the coveted Section C and all. I'd love to make the student section the first 5-6 rows of Sections B, C and D. Section C is right behind the team bench. No offense to those who sit there, but that's a, well, non-student demographic in there (and a very quiet group). The team would feed off having its classmates behind them, too.

It's definitely better than past years ... need to keep it going.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
          The attendance from the Lock Haven Game is listed as 3892, which seems about right. Also no ghost busters - so the band seemed better. Maybe someone is listening. All in All a pretty good atmosphere. I also have to mention that Maxwell looked really good , too - sure its lock haven, but the TD pass to JoJo, and the fake on his TD run were something special. I agree though, there is not a huge decline when reese comes in. It will be interesting the next few games to see how Maxwell performs, I don't think Hurst is as good as New Haven, but is playing at home, and then the big 2. Was anyone else wondering why the D started so slowly last week. Looked like they were unprepared for what LHU was doing.
          I've been told that the new AD is a D2MB lurker so if true maybe that's it. Maybe he'll make a Punxatawney Phil-like appearance like Steve Murray has done before.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Oh yeah ... the 'busters got played at least 3-4 times. Who ya gonna call ...

IUP is making some serious progress with the attendance. Homecoming (Cal) will be another big gate. The last two get more challenging as the weather unfolds (and depending on what happens in the Cal/SRU games). They get swept in those two and you'll obviously see a nosedive at the gate.

So, to keep this progressing ... now that the people are in the seats, we have to get the place rocking a little bit. They need some more lively in-game music, etc. It's better, but it has a long way to go to really make it a home field advantage. Better music will engage the crowd more. Motion creates emotion. There are little things they could add ... like the THIRRRRRRDDDDDD DOWWWWWNNNN and play the bells when the opposing team has a third down, etc. Home crowds love that stuff.

My honest opinion is you have to get the students in the center behind the team bench. They are too far removed. Think Duke basketball, etc. I know that's the coveted Section C and all. I'd love to make the student section the first 5-6 rows of Sections B, C and D. Section C is right behind the team bench. No offense to those who sit there, but that's a, well, non-student demographic in there (and a very quiet group). The team would feed off having its classmates behind them, too.

It's definitely better than past years ... need to keep it going.
            Not sure if they do it anymore, but 15 years ago YSU had the student section behind the visitor bench.

Comment

You know, I must be so use to it that I don't even notice anymore. I was in Sect. D, so you don't hear the band quite as well. still 4 times is not too many. It could be worse, it could be " in heaven there is no beer", and I'm sure there was no jingle bells.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                Another thing that wasn't mentioned is that Jalen Jackson, LHU's All-American TE did not play. I would have liked to see him go up against the IUP defense.
                Did I see him listed at 6 foot? It is hard to believe that you could be an All-American TE at that height. Certainly not the prototype height for that position anyways. Probably the majority of those guys are in the 6-4 and 6-5 range when you get to the elite level.

-

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP412 View Post

They probably will research his past more intently at Toledo and see if they can get another year. He would be a solid starter in 2020.
                  I'm not sure how the PSAC official stats page isn't listing him with the QBs. His stats are better than many starters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I've been told that the new AD is a D2MB lurker so if true maybe that's it. Maybe he'll make a Punxatawney Phil-like appearance like Steve Murray has done before.
                    If you are reading Mr. IUP AD, make the band play Cherokee again and ditch Crimson Express.

We. Hate. Crimson. Express.

Comment

• Better yet Mr. IUP AD, tell the band to STOP PLAYING GHOST BUSTERS !!!! Pretty PLEASE ?!?!?!??!?!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
                        Better yet Mr. IUP AD, tell the band to STOP PLAYING GHOST BUSTERS !!!! Pretty PLEASE ?!?!?!??!?!
                        I'll take the 'busters over the Crimson Express

Comment

• Interesting road trip this weekend. Some items of note to watch:

* IUP's been through the tough opener with some new faces and then two weeks of essentially working out kinks. It will be interesting to see how they've progressed against a team capable of punching back.

* Tony33's NFL defensive line up against IUP's monstrous offensive line. These are two bulls ramming horns.

* Nobody will pretend not to know what's coming the two weeks after Mercyhurst. How will the focus be in Erie?

* Garret Owens ran for 93 yards on 14 carries against IUP last season (6.4 ypc).

* The Lakers' last win against IUP was in 2010

* Oddly, the Lakers gave up more points to Bloomsburg than to Shepherd

* Make-or-Break: Mercyhurst hosts IUP and Slippery Rock in back-to-back weekends

Comment

• I think this weekend is a win, but not without some adversity to work thru. This is that tweener game before the big 2 games coming up, it will be interesting to see if they stay focused. Personally, I think they will. This team has a great chemistry. If MH gets the ball first, they will score on the opening drive. That will be enough of a wake-up call that IUP dominates the rest of the game. Not Millersville/Lock Haven dominate, but what we should expect the rest of the season...34-17, with the 2's playing most for the 2nd half and 3's getting limited touches.

Comment

I think this weekend is a win, but not without some adversity to work thru. This is that tweener game before the big 2 games coming up, it will be interesting to see if they stay focused. Personally, I think they will. This team has a great chemistry. If MH gets the ball first, they will score on the opening drive. That will be enough of a wake-up call that IUP dominates the rest of the game. Not Millersville/Lock Haven dominate, but what we should expect the rest of the season...34-17, with the 2's playing most for the 2nd half and 3's getting limited touches.

I tend to agree on the focus aspect. We can't be naive and act as it the team didn't realize they were 50-point favorites the past two weeks. And, yet, they came out pretty zoned in to the games.

They should get to play in front of a nice-size crowd up there being Mercyhurst's Homecoming and all. Hopefully the rain holds off. No matter what coaches ramble about it's not easy to pass/catch in the rain.

Comment

• I think this time Mercyhurst will not sneak up on IUP. During this week's Coach Tort Show ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlBzFtRWQO0 ) He stated he reminded the guys after the Lock Haven game how tough Mercyhurst can be. I think IUP won't allow Mercyhurst the quick start. But hey, that's why you play the game....

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X