Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    I think all this concern about "slow starts" is a matter of confusing correlation with causation.

The slow start, or falling behind, against SRU was a result of completely different factors than the slow starts in previous years. In the SRU game IUP just didn't react to what the Rock was doing plus there were mistakes, i.e. the interception return for SRU TD and various penalties. In years past, the slow starts appeared to be a result of just not being amped up for the game and a lot of that seemed to fall on the QB. In past years IUP had slow starts against poor teams. That was a different thing.

I'm not worried about slow starts based on this one game.

https://www.indianagazette.com/sport...957f75b02.html
    It's not one game, however. This is somewhat the norm under Tort, which I think was Matt's point.

Most times the opponent is inferior and it doesn't matter. But, that's two straight years they've been embarrassing in the first half against SRU. Big comebacks, sure, but not big enough. Down 31-7 .... come on. Last year I think it was very similar.

The worst thing you can do is give a lesser opponent hope. Reference the last two Clarion games.

No idea what the issue is ... Sounds like Tort doesn't, either. But, it's a problem.

Comment

• Lot of Crimson in Clarion. Hopefully they put this one away by halftime. No drama like the last two games in this series.

Comment

• Saw someone holding a sign with IUP on it up on Gameday at the Centre County Community College...

Comment

• Time for the weekly $tockett report------FIVE TD day for $tockett with three in the air and two on the ground as he leads Urbana to a 5-2 record with a win over WV State.

I guess Urbana has him sleeping nights in a local bank vault. That's because he's money!

-

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
            Time for the weekly $tockett report------FIVE TD day for $tockett with three in the air and two on the ground as he leads Urbana to a 5-2 record with a win over WV State.

I guess Urbana has him sleeping nights in a local bank vault. That's because he's money!

-
            I guess he found his success at ...Urbana,

Comment

I guess he found his success at ...Urbana,
              Hey, what conference is Urbana in? You seem to know everything.

-

Comment

Hey, what conference is Urbana in? You seem to know everything.

-
                Why are you attacking me personally? I was just making a joke. A parody of IUP's "Find your success...at Indiana University of Pennsylvania" theme. Get it?

Stockett has found his success... at Urbana. Thought it was kinda funny.

Comment

• The Boom Squad is coming to town in six days.

It should be a fun one.

With the way officiating is going and the way IUP and #LIT-AF play against each other ... this game could set an all-time PSAC record for penalties.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                    The Boom Squad is coming to town in six days.

It should be a fun one.

With the way officiating is going and the way IUP and #LIT-AF play against each other ... this game could set an all-time PSAC record for penalties.
                    LOL , Puttin on the foil, I suppose it will be a good week to work on that discipline.

Comment

Why are you attacking me personally? I was just making a joke. A parody of IUP's "Find your success...at Indiana University of Pennsylvania" theme. Get it?

Stockett has found his success... at Urbana. Thought it was kinda funny.
                      Geez, I was not attacking you. Mostly I was just asking what conference that Urbana is in as I have no idea on that.

Okay, nice play on the IUP thingy. I didn't pick it up since I'm just not that connected to IUP these days.

I just get the feeling that you bring on a lot of your problems on yourself.

-

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                        The Boom Squad is coming to town in six days.

It should be a fun one.

Can you tell our readership again why Gannon is referred to as LIT-AF? If I knew at one time I must have forgot. What is the story to that? I'm sure others would like to know as well.

-

Comment

Geez, I was not attacking you. Mostly I was just asking what conference that Urbana is in as I have no idea on that.

Okay, nice play on the IUP thingy. I didn't pick it up since I'm just not that connected to IUP these days.

I just get the feeling that you bring on a lot of your problems on yourself.

-
                          They are in the Mountain East Conference.

Comment

• I'm surprised there have been no comments on IUPs resurgent running game. lots of I formation, stretch plays, FB runs, the offense was very different this week. Sure its Clarion, but I'll bet we'll see it for the next few games. One benefit is there will be less chances for bad hits on Maxwell down the stretch of weaker teams. or maybe the rock game taught them something.

Comment

Can you tell our readership again why Gannon is referred to as LIT-AF? If I knew at one time I must have forgot. What is the story to that? I'm sure others would like to know as well.

-
                              As a new guy here, I'd like to know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Number83 View Post

As a new guy here, I'd like to know.
                                It started at the brawl at IUP in 2017. The whole game that day, prior to the ugly scene at the end, was a crap show. The officials lost complete control. It was a very violent affair full of cheap shots, late hits, scuffles, etc. (typical Gannon game). Gannon's players on the field kept yelling everything was F-ing LIT-this, and Lit-that, etc. It was an exceptionally quiet day inside Miller Stadium (one of those very cold games and IUP tore off to a huge lead ... I think it got to 35-0 at one point). You could hear everything. The 'LIT' phrase was pretty big in 2017. I heard it so many times that day it just stuck. GU kept chanting LIT SQUAD or something all day. The game did get somewhat interesting as GU made a rally in the second half. Then, of course, all hell broke loose afterward.
                                Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 10-21-2019, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X