Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It started at the brawl at IUP in 2017. The whole game that day, prior to the ugly scene at the end, was a crap show. The officials lost complete control. It was a very violent affair full of cheap shots, late hits, scuffles, etc. (typical Gannon game). Gannon's players on the field kept yelling everything was F-ing LIT-this, and Lit-that, etc. It was an exceptionally quiet day inside Miller Stadium (one of those very cold games and IUP tore off to a huge lead ... I think it got to 35-0 at one point). You could hear everything. The 'LIT' phrase was pretty big in 2017. I heard it so many times that day it just stuck. GU kept chanting LIT SQUAD or something all day. The game did get somewhat interesting as GU made a rally in the second half. Then, of course, all hell broke loose afterward.
    There was an on-field fight at Edinboro in 2016 that resulted in player ejections and team probation. But I guess history starts and ends with IUP.

https://psacsports.org/news/2016/10/...012165243.aspx

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

There was an on-field fight at Edinboro in 2016 that resulted in player ejections and team probation. But I guess history starts and ends with IUP.

He asked when we started calling them LIT-AF. The IUP game was when we started calling them LIT-AF. Geez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

You misread what he posted.

Comment

• Got it...Thank you all for the responses. Sounds like its gonna be hoot!

Comment

• Originally posted by Number83 View Post
            Got it...Thank you all for the responses. Sounds like its gonna be hoot!
            They (both teams) behaved pretty well last season. We'll see. Of course, I think they both got read the riot act prior to the game. Last year's game also had several weather delays. It took forever. So, the intensity never really got going.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

They are in the Mountain East Conference.
              Thanks. I never would have guessed that one.

-

Comment

It started at the brawl at IUP in 2017. The whole game that day, prior to the ugly scene at the end, was a crap show. The officials lost complete control. It was a very violent affair full of cheap shots, late hits, scuffles, etc. (typical Gannon game). Gannon's players on the field kept yelling everything was F-ing LIT-this, and Lit-that, etc. It was an exceptionally quiet day inside Miller Stadium (one of those very cold games and IUP tore off to a huge lead ... I think it got to 35-0 at one point). You could hear everything. The 'LIT' phrase was pretty big in 2017. I heard it so many times that day it just stuck. GU kept chanting LIT SQUAD or something all day. The game did get somewhat interesting as GU made a rally in the second half. Then, of course, all hell broke loose afterward.
                That's a pretty crazy story there. I missed a lot of the '17 season. But I do recall everyone young going around saying that they were LIT at that time.

-

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

That's a pretty crazy story there. I missed a lot of the '17 season. But I do recall everyone young going around saying that they were LIT at that time.

-
                  Tort better keep a short leash on those wanting to get involved in the Gannon shenanigans this Saturday. IUP has a ton left to play for ... Gannon is getting ready for the banquet.

That said, I could see this being an even worse flag festival than the past two weeks. The officials will be aware of the history between the two and will likely be very trigger-happy with the flags.

Gannon is very young and has lost several in a row. Morale can't be real high. Come out and blast them for the first 20 minutes and they'll likely curl up.

Although I'll say ... if the opportunity to really run one up is there ... it wouldn't shock me if Tort keeps the hammer down.

Comment

Tort better keep a short leash on those wanting to get involved in the Gannon shenanigans this Saturday. IUP has a ton left to play for ... Gannon is getting ready for the banquet.

That said, I could see this being an even worse flag festival than the past two weeks. The officials will be aware of the history between the two and will likely be very trigger-happy with the flags.

Gannon is very young and has lost several in a row. Morale can't be real high. Come out and blast them for the first 20 minutes and they'll likely curl up.

Although I'll say ... if the opportunity to really run one up is there ... it wouldn't shock me if Tort keeps the hammer down.
                    I am guessing Gannon will pretty much behave, after recently getting reprimanded. I don't believe they are THAT crazy. But I guess we shall see this weekend.

Comment

He'd better. I'm laying 24.5!

Comment

• Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

He'd better. I'm laying 24.5!
                        Lol.

You may be safe either way. Not one picker has taken GU +24.5 yet. So, if Tort fails to cover we all lose.

The interesting game on the board, betting wise, is the Findlay/ND contest. It's pretty close to 50/50.

Comment

• It looks like the game may be a little wet but most of the heavy rain will stay away from Indiana until the evening.

In case anybody missed it they did move the game back until 1:30 p.m. (originally scheduled for 12 p.m.).

Comment

It looks like the game may be a little wet but most of the heavy rain will stay away from Indiana until the evening.

In case anybody missed it they did move the game back until 1:30 p.m. (originally scheduled for 12 p.m.).
                            Perfect! In time for the trip back to Berks County! :-p

Comment

• Originally posted by Number83 View Post

Perfect! In time for the trip back to Berks County! :-p

Ironically they moved the game back because it's Indiana School District free ticket day. They said by moving it back it could attract more students and families who otherwise have their mornings filled with other activities.

LOL ... we've been preaching that exact thing on here for YEARS.

I'm not going to say the new AD reads this (although it has been mentioned). BUT, a lot of the things we've yapped about on here in regard to the gameday experience have happened under his watch.

For example, the 'gates' are all now manned by ticket takers. They are having bands in the parking lots before games. Tailgating was approved (for $45/car). They are playing better music during the games. They are playing the funeral bells on Third Down. It's come a long way this year. He's done a nice job.

Comment

• The weather in Indiana is great right now. I recall back to last year's 6-hour game in Erie that featured (3) lightning delays.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X