Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Gregory also closes his eyes inside the five and pulls out of a hat. IUP can storm up and down the field but put it inside the 5-yard-line and all hell breaks loose.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      IUP zero rushing yards
      I didn't see the game at all. However, when I pulled up the box score and saw that 0 yards rushing I had a MAJOR fit. Yes, I know the subtracted 36 yards from the total due to Maxwell's sack yardage, But this is still pretty bad. Unless they are saving their stronger running plays for the playoffs, this part of their offense may come back to haunt them come playoffs. And these are supposedly "fresh-legged" RBs.

Comment

I think Gregory also closes his eyes inside the five and pulls out of a hat. IUP can storm up and down the field but put it inside the 5-yard-line and all hell breaks loose.
        SOMETHING is DEFINITELY wrong come short yardage situations. And it's just not this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

SOMETHING is DEFINITELY wrong come short yardage situations. And it's just not this season.

It's very frustrating to watch. It's like boom, boom boom ... inside the five ... hit a wall.

Their best play is pretty much the fade to JoJo. He either catches it or gets a pass interference called. They seem to like Duane in the Wild Cat. Other than that they seem to pretty much have to throw. Other than Brown there isn't a power back who can just move the pile. The fullback will also be out the first half this week after getting tossed for targeting last week.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Yeah, their answer to the blitzes was to keep more backs/TE in pass protection, and go long, which worked, but not sure it would work so good against other teams, Seems their should always be something the QB could audible too when they see a blitz - it took most of the first half for them to figure out what Boro was doing.
            It worked to a point I guess. But for the day 277 total yds of Offense, 0 net rushing yds, only 52 rushing yds without the losses netted in, 13 first downs ( Boro O avg's a league worst 14 per game for some perspective on how bad that is), 9 drives (out of 14 possessions) of less than 10 yds, 1 other drive of 17 yds. That is vs a statistically avg psac Defense.

That IUP team that played Saturday is in real danger of being bounced in week 1 of the playoffs....barring a lucky draw of wv st or urbana.

Comment

• Coach Tort show- Duane Brown questionable. Raunya Mitchell could be back.

Comment

• Boro D looked good in the first half Saturday. Havoc gives some teams fits but exposes the secondary for big yardage plays. Unfortunately the Fighting Scots are the poster child for what it looks like when you're 5-10 scholarships below your competition. That defensive scheme with the rosters of the 05 and 09 teams would be crazy to watch. Ironically, Boro had 6 more scholarships under Tep than they do now. I once saw a chart that had them above 18 but now they're down around 12.

Comment

• Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post

It worked to a point I guess. But for the day 277 total yds of Offense, 0 net rushing yds, only 52 rushing yds without the losses netted in, 13 first downs ( Boro O avg's a league worst 14 per game for some perspective on how bad that is), 9 drives (out of 14 possessions) of less than 10 yds, 1 other drive of 17 yds. That is vs a statistically avg psac Defense.

That IUP team that played Saturday is in real danger of being bounced in week 1 of the playoffs....barring a lucky draw of wv st or urbana.
                  They won't see another team play that defense all year. Edinboro wasn't playing to win ... They were playing not to get blown out (which they did anyway). They didn't have the DBs to run that D all day.

IUP didn't have a good day on offense ... BUT they still got four TDs and special teams basically got them the fifth.

The D also held (smothered) Edinboro's offense to a FG. The second FG was gifted via JoJo's fumble (which never would have stood with instant replay). The Boro player picked it up off the white line.

??????They aren't all works of art. They'll take 35-6 any day of the week.

Comment

They won't see another team play that defense all year. Edinboro wasn't playing to win ... They were playing not to get blown out (which they did anyway). They didn't have the DBs to run that D all day.

IUP didn't have a good day on offense ... BUT they still got four TDs and special teams basically got them the fifth.

The D also held (smothered) Edinboro's offense to a FG. The second FG was gifted via JoJo's fumble (which never would have stood with instant replay). The Boro player picked it up off the white line.

??????They aren't all works of art. They'll take 35-6 any day of the week.
                    Not sure how blitzing and playing man behind it is playing to not get blown out. To me that would be sitting in cover 4 all day and trying to make IUP put 10+ plays together to score. And the boro O was passing a lot in the 2nd half until it was 35-6 in the 4th then it really didn't matter.

IUP might see some of that D when coaches see the box score and teams that have better talent than Boro.

The Boro Offense is one of the worst in the psac and statistically is the worst in many offensive categories.

But I agree that all good teams play crappy throughout a season. Even National Championship teams have that game or two a season that almost ruin the year. Maybe it means nothing.

Comment

• Tort basically said in today's Gazette that Brown could be back this week or he could be done for the season.

Hopefully they already know the answer and they are playing some games with Shippensburg.

I sure hope he's OK. It would be a total travesty to lose the star of the team with 6-7 mins left in the fourth quarter of a blowout.

R. Mitchell is practicing this week and may play Saturday. Jeff Arnold will sit this week but be good to go the following week (assuming there is one).

Comment

Tort basically said in today's Gazette that Brown could be back this week or he could be done for the season.

Hopefully they already know the answer and they are playing some games with Shippensburg.

I sure hope he's OK. It would be a total travesty to lose the star of the team with 6-7 mins left in the fourth quarter of a blowout.

R. Mitchell is practicing this week and may play Saturday. Jeff Arnold will sit this week but be good to go the following week (assuming there is one).
                        I guess it's possible that at the time of Tort's comments for the IG swelling might be hindering the diagnosis. But his injury is to the inside of the ankle which can take longer to heal than the more common outside ankle sprain. I sure hope he's ok. It really doesn't matter if he plays against Ship.
                        Last edited by iupgroundhog; 11-12-2019, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• I think this IUP 2019 team could make a deep run in the playoffs! I truly do not understand how they are a 4 seed right now! They are 9-1 and lost to the number 2 team in the region by 3 points on the road, Notre Dame college in Ohio is the number 3 team in the region and they lost to a 6-4 team at home!!! There league is a total joke! They do not play anyone good either! I think IUP should get the 3 seed if they take care of business this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP724 View Post
                            I think this IUP 2019 team could make a deep run in the playoffs! I truly do not understand how they are a 4 seed right now! They are 9-1 and lost to the number 2 team in the region by 3 points on the road, Notre Dame college in Ohio is the number 3 team in the region and they lost to a 6-4 team at home!!! There league is a total joke! They do not play anyone good either! I think IUP should get the 3 seed if they take care of business this week.

By 'deep run' you are assuming they get past Round 1 .... so, that brings up the question: Whom would you rather play in Round 2 (Kutztown or Slippery Rock). Depending on the answer to that question you may or may not want IUP to move up to the 3 seed.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP724 View Post
                              I think this IUP 2019 team could make a deep run in the playoffs! I truly do not understand how they are a 4 seed right now! They are 9-1 and lost to the number 2 team in the region by 3 points on the road, Notre Dame college in Ohio is the number 3 team in the region and they lost to a 6-4 team at home!!! There league is a total joke! They do not play anyone good either! I think IUP should get the 3 seed if they take care of business this week.
                              It's like you guys just sprout up out of nowhere! Like weeds!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

It's like you guys just sprout up out of nowhere! Like weeds!
                                Okay Mr. 2 loss team.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X