Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help fellas...

Hey Guys

i really need some help. My wife has MS and is currently in New England looking in on her Dad after her Mom passed away 2 weeks ago. I am planning to pick her up Tuesday and she only has enough medication until then. I cannot get up there before then and she CANNOT go without the meds.

For some reason I really trust this group and have some questions mostly about the ability to get gas along the way. Whats open? I will be going I81 to Scranton - hello ESU- to 184 up through NY. What are you guys hearing up that way? Thank you..

I just read this morning that the PA governor adjusted his restrictions on businesses. Gas stations are allowed to remain open along with vehicle service centers (my wife's car needs an oil change ASAP). All food service must be take out or delivery only. The only challenge I can see for you travelling through PA is that some rest areas along the highways are closed.

Comment

FightingScot....you may never realize how much I appeciate the response so quickly. Thank You very much! Feeling a tad better...

Comment

I think that I heard that some rest areas were now open but I don't know how many of those you can count on. I would probably get creative with a "survival kit" if I were you Rambaseball. Take soap, paper towels, water, food stuff, full gas can if practical, blankets, sleeping bags, tools, etc you get the idea. You just never know what you will encounter.

From the sounds of folks who have been out and about here in western PA it sounds like it is business as usual as far as people moving about. I think the PA Governor slid his edict that all non-essential businesses in the state must close by 8AM by Monday morning.

Best of luck to you on the road!

-

Comment

Originally posted by Rambaseball View Post
          FightingScot....you may never realize how much I appeciate the response so quickly. Thank You very much! Feeling a tad better...
          Sorry for your family's loses & pray for your safe trip. Can't most med perscriptions be transferred to another pharmacy temporarily ?

Maybe a call to AAA & the states hwy depts can offer some info.

Comment

Thank you guys for the info and yep...already have my emergency kit prepared but mine might be a little different...you know....tailgating stuff since we ain't doing that for a while. Unfortunately, her MS drugs come from a speciality pharmacy so it takes a while, needs approved each month by the Neuro, approved by Cigna, approved by Congress and the super PSAC Board. Thank you kindly for the condolences...

Comment

And all the info guys.....appreciated..

Comment

Restaurants are serving take out and delivery only. No dine-in services. Gas is down to $2.35

Comment

I just gassed up for the trip using .70 cents off the gallon with Martin's points to the tune of $1.49 a gallon..been a long time boys...

Comment

Originally posted by RockinTheSnackBar View Post
                    Restaurants are serving take out and delivery only. No dine-in services. Gas is down to $2.35
                    In Pennsylvania? Wow... $2.35 is usually the average under normal circumstances here in North Texas. A lot of gas stations near where I am are between $1.70-1.80. A few miles up the road in Denton (Univ. of North Texas), some stations are in the low-to-mid $1.60 range.

Not to rub it in or anything... :smile-big:

All restaurants are take-out/delivery only here in Texas as well.
                    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Kudos to you guys for helping him out. I wanted to help but I'm in California. The state of California, not the city named California that's in Pennsylvania. God bless you and your wife Rambaseball.

Comment

In a time of crisis, PSAC brothers sticking together. I apprciate all the help fellas.

UPDATE:

I am "essential personnel" but told work i HAVE to pick up my wife so made it through yesterday waving to ESU and Bloom on the way. Home safe and sound boys!!
                        You guys are awesome. Thanks again

Comment

BTW: all Rest Areas through I84 and I81 were all barricaded

Comment

In a time of crisis, PSAC brothers sticking together. I apprciate all the help fellas.

UPDATE:

I am "essential personnel" but told work i HAVE to pick up my wife so made it through yesterday waving to ESU and Bloom on the way. Home safe and sound boys!!
                            You guys are awesome. Thanks again
                            Great to hear! Hope all is well!

-

Comment

BTW: all Rest Areas through I84 and I81 were all barricaded
                              Too many rolls of toilet paper were disappearing...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X