Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

On what grounds?
    You don't see potential gender bias discrimination suits over this?
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

You don't see potential gender bias discrimination suits over this?
      As long as it's proportional to campus enrollment they wouldn't have much of a case.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
        As long as it's proportional to campus enrollment they wouldn't have much of a case.
        Right. And football has always been a huge Title IX factor due to a team's roster size.

In 2013, Temple dropped baseball and softball, men's and women's rowing, men's gymnastics, men's indoor track and field and men's outdoor track and field. The motivation was a reduction in costs, but three more men's sports were dropped than women's, so there was obviously some Title IX alignment there as they retained women's gymnastics and women's indoor and outdoor track and field.

Last edited by Horror Child; 05-01-2020, 06:05 AM.

Comment

To the original thread...Wow, talk about having absolutely NO understanding of what challenges colleges are facing. Their challenge is NOT making fans happy. Their challenge is filling seats in the classroom. So expect expanding, not contracting of sports. More sports give more students more opportunities to compete. If you haven't noticed, it's now the entire model for D II...Wake up and wash your hands...

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
            To the original thread...Wow, talk about having absolutely NO understanding of what challenges colleges are facing. Their challenge is NOT making fans happy. Their challenge is filling seats in the classroom. So expect expanding, not contracting of sports. More sports give more students more opportunities to compete. If you haven't noticed, it's now the entire model for D II...Wake up and wash your hands...
            More sports (non-revenue) at the D2 level also means more enrolled students paying their own way - exactly what every camous needs right now.

Comment

I have two questions: one, who has a nicer field in Lancaster County? I am just wondering, I went to Millersville twice for football games, and it was nice, but it was when they had grass. I should also point out, I am not from that area, I went to IUP and honestly don't know what schools are around that area. Two, since most women's sports don't bring in as much money as the men, shouldn't they be the first to go? The only women's sport I can think of that would bring in money would be women's basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                Just woke up and realized that , oh by the way, the shortage of students has been created by the colleges because they priced themselves out of business and students. Really, why would any non-athlete go to a campus for the first two years, and pay the freight, when they could live at home, go to community college, work, and save a ton of money? That's why the classrooms and dorms are not filled. So, the people we are counting on created the problem, and now they're going to solve it? So, adding sports is going to solve that? . It's bigger than adding sports. Besides, who cares what the current D2 model is? The original thread was about PSAC football , and creating a conference of state schools that would be even more competitive with deeper rosters via fewer teams and equal out of state recruitment.

Comment

Originally posted by Tdobson View Post
                  I have two questions: one, who has a nicer field in Lancaster County? I am just wondering, I went to Millersville twice for football games, and it was nice, but it was when they had grass. I should also point out, I am not from that area, I went to IUP and honestly don't know what schools are around that area. Two, since most women's sports don't bring in as much money as the men, shouldn't they be the first to go? The only women's sport I can think of that would bring in money would be women's basketball.
                  The Ville has a turf game field, and a turf practice field. Very nice setup.

Comment

Comment

[S]ince most women's sports don't bring in as much money as the men, shouldn't they be the first to go? The only women's sport I can think of that would bring in money would be women's basketball.
                      The problem is the federal Title IX formulas would be called into question if a disproportionate amount of women's sports are cut compared to men's sports.
                      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

The problem is the federal Title IX formulas would be called into question if a disproportionate amount of women's sports are cut compared to men's sports.
                        Correct. Tdobson is thinking logically but unfortunately Title IX is about equity and every PASSHE school is 55-60% women.

Comment

The Dips! I wonder if The Dips have ever played The Zips.

Comment

Funny, but the schools mentioned in the OP aren't on these lists with a Standard & Poors negative financial outlook. Cash reserves means everything.

https://www.spglobal.com/ratings/en/...mpact-11469520

Comment

Funny, but the schools mentioned in the OP aren't on these lists with a Standard & Poors negative financial outlook. Cash reserves means everything.

Does this mean IUP is the only school in the PSAC with a negative outlook? This would certainly affect the new conference alignment.

Comment

What's the "OP?"

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X