Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post
    Don't recall where I saw this but on a video PSAC comiss Steve Murray said If the Eastern part of PA was on sports lockdown, only the Western part of the PSAC would play football. Could be an interesting season.

Ah ha, just found it. Interview of PSAC's Steve Murray on WICU TV-12 in Erie

https://www.erienewsnow.com/clip/150...-sports-return
    Sounds like the HOME OFFICE is going to push for some version of conference sports IF enough schools agree to open in whatever form live college would take. Given this statement, I'll put the laundry room, but NOT the house, on some variation of PSAC football in 16 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Sounds like the HOME OFFICE is going to push for some version of conference sports IF enough schools agree to open in whatever form live college would take. Given this statement, I'll put the laundry room, but NOT the house, on some variation of PSAC football in 16 weeks.
      Well, if it comes down to that the ones left out would be WCU followed by KU Millersville and ESU, The others are in areas that have already moved to the "yellow phase", I believe.

Might have to watch the games on my computer which is what I do, anyway.

Can everybody involved be tested?

What am I missing?

I have heard that the IUP pressbox is actually more dangerous than coronavirus. So, we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Well, if it comes down to that the ones left out would be WCU followed by KU Millersville and ESU, The others are in areas that have already moved to the "yellow phase", I believe.

What am I missing?

I have heard that the IUP pressbox is actually more dangerous than coronavirus. So, we'll see.
        What is so dangerous about the IUP pressbox?

Comment

Don't recall where I saw this but on a video PSAC comiss Steve Murray said If the Eastern part of PA was on sports lockdown, only the Western part of the PSAC would play football. Could be an interesting season.

Hmmmm. That's a helluva stance to float out there.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

What is so dangerous about the IUP pressbox?
            That's been a frequent topic on here over the years. Apparently, you have to climb up an old ladder and then somebody opens up a window and you have to jump in through the window to get in.

Comment

That's been a frequent topic on here over the years. Apparently, you have to climb up an old ladder and then somebody opens up a window and you have to jump in through the window to get in.
              Exactly as you'd expect from the flagship of the conference. Matt must have studied with the Wallendas to cover football all those years.

Comment

What am I missing?

It could be a totally revamped league and schedule. Not all will be able to play come August.

The crisis for those unable to play could be a mass exodous of players wanting to transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Exactly as you'd expect from the flagship of the conference. Matt must have studied with the Wallendas to cover football all those years.
                  Arguably the top basketball arena in the country (D2) and arguably the worst football stadium. Rare combination.

The notorious pressbox would never meet modern building codes. Put it that way.

I think the newspaper crowd actually all stand on the sidelines.

Comment

There is no way the PSAC tries West-only play in football this season without major brushback from the Eastern schools. We've already seen the CCAA (all of whose members are part of the Cal State University system) cancel fall sports competition because of the CSU system's announcement that all classes (with very few exceptions, if any) would be delivered online. I seriously doubt that the NCAA would allow any competition - including football - this fall at this point.
                    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Arguably the top basketball arena in the country (D2) and arguably the worst football stadium. Rare combination.

The notorious pressbox would never meet modern building codes. Put it that way.

I think the newspaper crowd actually all stand on the sidelines.
                      The Miller Stadium press box was probably imported from the set of F Troop.
                      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

The Miller Stadium press box was probably imported from the set of F Troop.
                        As I recall the FORT COURAGE guard tower met a sad ending.

Comment

I can't imagine a decision to allow some but not all conference schools to have a season. As stated earlier, the transfer situation would be bonkers. I think Commissioner Murray has good intentions, but making a statement in Mid-May, when everything associated with this pandemic changes almost daily, is like trying to predict where a leaf will land when it's dropped from the Empire State building during a hurricane...

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                            I can't imagine a decision to allow some but not all conference schools to have a season. As stated earlier, the transfer situation would be bonkers. I think Commissioner Murray has good intentions, but making a statement in Mid-May, when everything associated with this pandemic changes almost daily, is like trying to predict where a leaf will land when it's dropped from the Empire State building during a hurricane...
                            It is hard to imagine but it could happen ... and certainly will happen at the D1 level. I don't think Murray would lose a whole football season because a couple schools can't play.

The Big Ten certainly isn't going to not play football (and lose mega millions) just because Rutgers can't play. Schedules will be revised and the show may go.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It is hard to imagine but it could happen ... and certainly will happen at the D1 level. I don't think Murray would lose a whole football season because a couple schools can't play.

The Big Ten certainly isn't going to not play football (and lose mega millions) just because Rutgers can't play. Schedules will be revised and the show may go.
                              Given the general political bent of the area added to the chance that there will be potentially fewer real competitors, I'm guessing that the SEC is salivating at the chance for another NC.

Comment

If only the west plays football this fall, perhaps there will be some teams that play each other twice. Looking forward to some doubleheaders.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X