Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

And the Dems HOWLED at the travel ban saying it just PROVED Trump was a racist!

The President can only put a travel ban in place. He can't be at each international airport monitoring every flight coming from every location. Sadly, as we have seen time and time again, the government moves at a slow pace and to expect an overnight change in their procedures is almost impossible...unless you impliment martial law. Are you implying that you WANT Trump to impliment martial law???
    Yet somehow, over 30,000 Chinese travelers arrived in the US AFTER the ban...The President even praised China for the job they were doing fighting the virus...Look it up!!! I expected the President to respond to the growing threat by making sure we had enough PPE, ventilators and other medical supplies he was warned we would need. He had 3 years to prepare for this, he was told about the threat when he took office. I expected him to actually read his daily briefings and not just worry about the stock market. I expected him to lead, and not fight with governors in his own country. I never expected him to get chased off of the stage like a baby when the questions got too "nasty"...
    Last edited by WarriorVoice; 05-12-2020, 05:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Yet somehow, over 30,000 Chinese travelers arrived in the US AFTER the ban...The President even praised China for the job they were doing fighting the virus...Look it up!!! I expected the President to respond to the growing threat by making sure we had enough PPE, ventilators and other medical supplies he was warned we would need. He had 3 years to prepare for this, he was told about the threat when he took office. I expected him to actually read his daily briefings and not just worry about the stock market. I expected him to lead, and not fight with governors in his own country. I never expected him to get chased off of the stage like a baby when the questions got too "nasty"...
      I don't recall seeing were a person that needed a ventilator died from lack of a ventilator. What I saw was the Governor of NY screaming that he needed ventilators while he had them in storage. I also say the federal government respond through the Defense Production Act and produce hundreds of thousands of ventilators. As for weather Trump should have produced ventilators and PPE over the course of his first three years, I would say yes. But I would also say that President Obama failed to address the stock pile shortage over his 8 years in office and I would further point out that Democratic and Republican congress have ignored this lack of stockpiled PPE for YEARS. Since you want to talk about the last 3 years, imagine what Congress could have done to fund the PPE and ventilator stock pile shortage if they were as focused on that as they have been on getting Trump.

Comment

You deflect about as well as Trumpy...Congress doesn't get Presidential Daily Briefings...As for Obama, here's how HE handled H1N1: I'll summarize for you so you don't have to do any hard work Cap't...He declared a national emergency, and Google says just over 18,000 deaths came from H1N1...They are hardly comparable, but you brought it up...Thank's to Cheeto's inaction, thousands of frontline workers faced death on a daily basis in the hospitals across this country. Some still haven't seen the worst yet, but Trumpy still says it will magically disappear...I'm sure you're counting the days, right?
        https://www.medpagetoday.com/infecti...swineflu/16606
        Last edited by WarriorVoice; 05-12-2020, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Board was a whole lot better before the words Democrat, Republican, conservative and liberal entered the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
            Board was a whole lot better before the words Democrat, Republican, conservative and liberal entered the mix.
            Those four words are more contagious than the Coronavirus.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Yet somehow over 35,000 Chinese entered the country after the travel ban...The administration WASTED 70 days of inaction...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...101_story.html

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...9-wapo-reports
              RIght!!! Ha Ha Ha
              the Washington COMpost and the DailyYEAST INFECTION
              right from the China propaganda machine
              If you believe them Obama is innocent and Hillary never lied
              Gimme a break

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I don't see them having any merit. It's an extraordinary time and the shift was a remedy not deceit. Obviously there are some professors who had never taught online before. Nearly all schools refunded millions in unusable housing, dining, and service fees. Not sure what else one could expect. Some schools got caught charging lower tuition rates for online courses so they'll have to answer to that.

Hopefully this puts some reality in the minds of those who believe virtual is the immediate future over the traditional campus model.
                IMO - analog delivery will never become outdated. Some subjects can only be taught in a classroom. Even the subjects that can be taught online will still never fully be embraced by the traditional student demographic.

Online education typically targets working adults who can't be on campus. It has very little appeal to the traditional student. In my experience, I only took online classes during summer session. There were a couple occasions where a class was only offered online, and one time I enrolled in an online section of a course but got permission to show up to the classroom for lecture.

But yes - you are right, some people feel it's coming faster than it really is. A lot of people thought physical media would have died out by now - I'd argue it's as popular as it's been in years.

Comment

Agree let's stop the politcan

IMO just don't think online is as good face to face. Its like buying a tv over the internet you just can't
                  determine picture quality, tone etc. Now I seen where people go to real store find what they want
                  then price search online. If your shopping in a retail store give the salesperson a break then buy from
                  them. they have a family to feed also.

Comment

Cal State system cancels on campus classes for the fall at all 23 schools. I doubt any of the 6 or so football teams will play, including Fresno State.

https://247sports.com/Article/cal-st...all-147077834/
                    Last edited by Bart; 05-12-2020, 05:19 PM.

Comment

In early March, Trump said "Anyone who wants a test can get a test." It wasn't true then and it's not true today, more than two months later...As to football in the fall, if they can't put 30 kids in the classroom, there's no way they're putting 75 or more players in the same locker room.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
                        Cal State system cancels on campus classes for the fall at all 23 schools. I doubt any of the 6 or so football teams will play, including Fresno State.

A side effect of this, DII non-football CCAA has cancelled all fall competition:

https://krcrtv.com/north-coast-news/...ector-responds

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post

I guess it's better to give everybody time to plan in advance.

Most likely, this will happen to the PASSHE and the system will be headed for a state of collapse in the next year. Will it be saved?

P. S. This is not a joke.

Comment

I was told that very few PASSHE schools are going to be close to even enrollment next fall. The range is a drop of 3% to 30%. The group I'm consistently hearing down is transfers. Unsure why. I assumed lots would transfer closer to home.

Comment

Both Gannon & Mercyhurst are planning face to face classes this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I guess it's better to give everybody time to plan in advance.

Most likely, this will happen to the PASSHE and the system will be headed for a state of collapse in the next year. Will it be saved?

P. S. This is not a joke.
                                Don't predict. Don't present worse-case scenarios. Don't give us doomsday.

It's totally unproductive.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X