Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bart View Post
    If only the west plays football this fall, perhaps there will be some teams that play each other twice. Looking forward to some doubleheaders.
    Wonder if fans will be allowed in the stands? If not, several West stadiums have good views from outside the fences.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Wonder if fans will be allowed in the stands? If not, several West stadiums have good views from outside the fences.
      Possibly just students properly spaced since they would already be sharing space in class.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
        I can't imagine a decision to allow some but not all conference schools to have a season. As stated earlier, the transfer situation would be bonkers. I think Commissioner Murray has good intentions, but making a statement in Mid-May, when everything associated with this pandemic changes almost daily, is like trying to predict where a leaf will land when it's dropped from the Empire State building during a hurricane...
        It can't all be doom and gloom. Life can't stay paused forever. You eventually have to make safe provisions to continue with scheduled events. What Steve Murray said may be way off base in two months, but things could look much more positive at that time too. We don't know either way. He's the commissioner of the conference, so it's his job to move forward with the idea that they are playing while also working with a team of people to formulate alternative plans. That's exactly what the NFL is doing. This isn't an ideal situation for anybody. If 85-90% of the league is ready to go come August/September. Well...

I commend the colleges who have announced that they are planning to reopen for face to face classes in the fall with the right provisions.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

It can't all be doom and gloom. Life can't stay paused forever. You eventually have to make safe provisions to continue with scheduled events. What Steve Murray said may be way off base in two months, but things could look much more positive at that time too. We don't know either way. He's the commissioner of the conference, so it's his job to move forward with the idea that they are playing while also working with a team of people to formulate alternative plans. That's exactly what the NFL is doing. This isn't an ideal situation for anybody. If 85-90% of the league is ready to go come August/September. Well...

I commend the colleges who have announced that they are planning to reopen for face to face classes in the fall with the right provisions.
          I don't disagree with anything you said - however - the announcements about reopening for face-to-face classes are pretty meaningless, IMO. It's the same for all schools. If they can do it in person, they will.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I don't disagree with anything you said - however - the announcements about reopening for face-to-face classes are pretty meaningless, IMO. It's the same for all schools. If they can do it in person, they will.

Comment

People talk about "the new normal" for almost everything that has happened to us as a nation for the last 10 years. Typically, that new normal ends up looking a lot like the old normal with some minor changes. Same with Corona. There are people that seem to really want this to be a culture shifting moment that fundamentally changes how the nation does business. They seem to want a government that can lead by national edict. The other extreme seems to be citizens who want to go back to normal or at the minimum make decisions at the local level that make sense at that level.

The which PSAC schools will reopen seems to be just such an issue and by extension the who will play football discussion is an extension of that.

Comment

The schools are also going to face heavy heat from the locals to get students back in town. In so many of these towns the campus drives a huge part of the economy.

Even down here in the tiny 'bus leagues' a home football Saturday does help the economy - hotels, restaurants, book store, etc.

If they have 75% of the league ready to roll ... that 75% will take the field in August. All those P.C. quotes about we all play or nothing sounded good 50 days ago. But, if only the West can play ... they'll play.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

The schools are also going to face heavy heat from the locals to get students back in town. In so many of these towns the campus drives a huge part of the economy.

Even down here in the tiny 'bus leagues' a home football Saturday does help the economy - hotels, restaurants, book store, etc.

If they have 75% of the league ready to roll ... that 75% will take the field in August. All those P.C. quotes about we all play or nothing sounded good 50 days ago. But, if only the West can play ... they'll play.
                  Because you said so...Got it...

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Because you said so...Got it...
                    Just think, ESU can't lose if they don't play. Or call any extra timeouts.

No way they cancel a whole season because a couple schools won't be able to play. Sucks to be them but the show goes on.

Comment

• You may think you know what's going to happen, but it's only a thought...I hope you're right, but with 6 countries shutting things down a SECOND time, that's the future I see for the USA. With less than 5% of the global population, we have over 25% of the cases...'MURICA!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                        You may think you know what's going to happen, but it's only a thought...I hope you're right, but with 6 countries shutting things down a SECOND time, that's the future I see for the USA. With less than 5% of the global population, we have over 25% of the cases...'MURICA!!!
                        Of course it's only a thought. This is a message board.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

That's been a frequent topic on here over the years. Apparently, you have to climb up an old ladder and then somebody opens up a window and you have to jump in through the window to get in.
                          WOW....I never notice that. That is pretty out-dated.

Comment

• The ladder is the only access to the second level of the press box at Miller Stadium. That's where visiting radio watches the game. I don't remember crawling through a window. I almost crawled out of one at Bloomsburg years ago after a codgery fan yelled a not-so-nice epithet into a hot microphone...I'd climb that stupid ladder 11 times if it meant there'd be football in September...

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                              The ladder is the only access to the second level of the press box at Miller Stadium. That's where visiting radio watches the game. I don't remember crawling through a window. I almost crawled out of one at Bloomsburg years ago after a codgery fan yelled a not-so-nice epithet into a hot microphone...I'd climb that stupid ladder 11 times if it meant there'd be football in September...
                              It is amazing in today's age they can still get away with that ladder. Consider how many bad weather games they've had over the years ... climbing a wet or icy ladder. Lawsuit waiting to happen. Of course ... it hasn't happened yet. Not to mention its beyond a major violation of modern code. That whole side (home side) is a real mess -- bleachers, restrooms, ... total rebuild needed.

Oddly the project I keep hearing about is a tunnel from the lockerroom in to the stadium (not the pressbox).

Comment

• I made up the window part.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X