Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bloomsburg Recruiting

Originally posted by Bart View Post
    Spring roster posted. A quick look has WR Gilhool back as an MBA student. He was injured last year and was a R-Sr, so he must have received a medical redshirt for his 6th year. OL Tripp was a Sr last year, so he must have gotten a redshirt.

Lost on the current roster: RB Osameka, LB Dial, DB Celius, DB Parks, WR Swanson. Also not present are those who would have been R-Sr: DB Delgado, WR Wilson, RB Arcangeli. They must have decided against a 5th year, or the roster could change, or my eyesight is going.

New coach listed is Evan Brandes who takes over special teams from HC. Brandes may have coached last year at Minnesota-Crookham, but his biography isn't posted. HC Darraugh takes on rbs from Coach Dennis; Dennis now has the DL where he played.

https://buhuskies.com/roster.aspx?ro...&path=football
    It looks like Wr Popson and Rb Green aren't coming back either as 5th year seniors. Man do they have the turnover year after year. Its def a lot more now than 10 and 15 years ago. Different times I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by BloomFan View Post
      It looks like Wr Popson and Rb Green aren't coming back either as 5th year seniors. Man do they have the turnover year after year. Its def a lot more now than 10 and 15 years ago. Different times I suppose.
      Wouldn't surprise me if Popson & Green ended up using that 5th year elsewhere probably at another PSAC East school like Millersville, Ship or WCU.

Comment

Originally posted by BloomFan View Post
        They were listed on the original spring roster posted 3-15-19. Maybe they will graduate and have real job prospects. Green hasn't been getting much time on the field, and the running back situation looks stacked. Popson would see time again at wr, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the fall. His father has been ill.

Comment

Offense beat the defense in the spring game. At least 10 players didn't participate in spring practice due to injuries.

Qb Benjamin looks to have the inside track for the position. Leiby was injured at the first practice and didn't practice.

RB has r-fr Francis as the 3rd back after Gooden and Quiteh.

TE Nash appears to be the pass catcher, and Vitti the starter.

OL had 3 out of spring practices. Page and Rucci with injuries, and Tripp had to sit out to be eligible for the fall. Rucci will be starting C, and Johnassen move to guard. Argento moved over from DL to OL.

WR Tornetta had a nice spring game, along with Allen. WR Gilhool and Rizzuto out with injuries.

DL looks set with Simon and Findura at the ends, although Findura played some interior too. The tackles were Pelligrino and Heath.

DB Monaco looked good after not playing last year due to injury. Yohn and Young out with injuries. Secondary is a work in progress with big shoes to fill.

Punting will be by left footer Sattamini and LB Tilford. WR Smethers won't be punting this year.

Captains are RB Gooden, LB Annan, and OL Johnassen.

It didn't appear to be any hullaballoo over new recruits. In the past they have had a welcoming with them sitting in the endzone before the game for an orientation. The team seemed to have less players than usual, and only 23 recruits; could be an attempt to get to 80 players for gender equity.

Opening game at home against Stonehill and 9-7-19.

Comment

Offense beat the defense in the spring game. At least 10 players didn't participate in spring practice due to injuries.

Qb Benjamin looks to have the inside track for the position. Leiby was injured at the first practice and didn't practice.

RB has r-fr Francis as the 3rd back after Gooden and Quiteh.

TE Nash appears to be the pass catcher, and Vitti the starter.

OL had 3 out of spring practices. Page and Rucci with injuries, and Tripp had to sit out to be eligible for the fall. Rucci will be starting C, and Johnassen move to guard. Argento moved over from DL to OL.

WR Tornetta had a nice spring game, along with Allen. WR Gilhool and Rizzuto out with injuries.

DL looks set with Simon and Findura at the ends, although Findura played some interior too. The tackles were Pelligrino and Heath.

DB Monaco looked good after not playing last year due to injury. Yohn and Young out with injuries. Secondary is a work in progress with big shoes to fill.

Punting will be by left footer Sattamini and LB Tilford. WR Smethers won't be punting this year.

Captains are RB Gooden, LB Annan, and OL Johnassen.

It didn't appear to be any hullaballoo over new recruits. In the past they have had a welcoming with them sitting in the endzone before the game for an orientation. The team seemed to have less players than usual, and only 23 recruits; could be an attempt to get to 80 players for gender equity.

Opening game at home against Stonehill and 9-7-19.
            I dont believe that after spring practice and a meaningless spring game, we can state that any player has an inside track on any particular position.
            Leiby had a strong showing in the conditioning practices but did unfortunately pull a hamstring in the first day of spring practice. He did practice the past week and half. He participated in all but live team practices. He threw the ball very well in 5he 7 vs 7 drills. If you are going to tell the story, tell the whole story with all of the facts. Leiby is still the best quarterback on Bloomsburgs roster.

Comment

Originally posted by Footballfanofall View Post
              I dont believe that after spring practice and a meaningless spring game, we can state that any player has an inside track on any particular position.
              Leiby had a strong showing in the conditioning practices but did unfortunately pull a hamstring in the first day of spring practice. He did practice the past week and half. He participated in all but live team practices. He threw the ball very well in 5he 7 vs 7 drills. If you are going to tell the story, tell the whole story with all of the facts. Leiby is still the best quarterback on Bloomsburgs roster.
              He may be the best, but Benjamin has the experience and is healthy at this point. I don't have all the factoids, so thanks for sharing. Leiby has now suffered 2 injuries, but it should be a battle come preseason.

Comment

Recruiting class addition:

Jack Riley 6-3 195 WR Downingtown East H.S.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/5387417...dc3d0bc8138f8a

Comment

Recruiting class addition:

Jack Riley 6-3 195 WR Downingtown East H.S.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/5387417...dc3d0bc8138f8a
                  Looks like a nice addition for the offense.

Comment

Jahri Evan representing Bloom at the NFL draft

https://twitter.com/Saints/status/1121945297871966208

Comment

Read that Gayle Baar Thorpe passed away August 10th. She posted under gtbaar, and was a great Bloom fan, although I haven't seen her posting in awhile. Bloom needs more fans like her. God Bless her.

Comment

Read that Gayle Baar Thorpe passed away August 10th. She posted under gtbaar, and was a great Bloom fan, although I haven't seen her posting in awhile. Bloom needs more fans like her. God Bless her.
                        Sorry to hear that.

Comment

Gtbaar was Gayle Thorpe Baar. She was one of the few women to frequent this site. I remember a few years ago, either 2016 or 2017, I think, she and I tied for #1 in the Pick'ems. She knew a lot about d2 football. I remember she came from far back in the pack and made great picks in the last weeks of the season. I remember her as living in Texas. According to her obit she moved back to the Scranton area in 2015. RIP, Gayle.
                          Last edited by iupgroundhog; 08-16-2019, 12:48 PM.

Comment

I got to know Gayle a little bit in the mid 2000s when she was living in Texas and I was still in PA and going to every Bloomsburg game. She was not able to see the Huskies play (and we didn't have many web streaming options then) but she listened to every game and many times we would email during the week so I could give her my impressions of what I saw and she would tell me things she had learned from the radio broadcast. Its a shame she didn't get to see many games during the years that Coach Hale was there, but she was as loyal as any Husky you will find. I know this is really hard for her husband Teddy. I hope he is doing well.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. She was one of the regular posters when I started frequenting the board around 2004. Boro74 is another who seems to have disappeared.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X