Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Tech Drops

Bombshell from a playoff team. Fla Tech drops football. It is however a private school. But, for a program to start in 2013, they made the national playoffs in the GSC twice in seven years. Far more than the PSAC privates. Who knows what else will happen as we approach the end of the fiscal year. If it can happen to them, programs without much success should be on the alert. Stunning.

Florida Tech has been having money problems for years. Not closing the school severity but they've been cutting and cutting for some time. I believe they have a ton of debt from their expansion last decade.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
      Florida Tech has been having money problems for years. Not closing the school severity but they've been cutting and cutting for some time. I believe they have a ton of debt from their expansion last decade.
      Interesting, the president that started football there, was the same one who started Florida Atlantic. What a difference. He's not there anymore. Maybe there has been mismanagement and they used football as an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Harry View Post

Interesting, the president that started football there, was the same one who started Florida Atlantic. What a difference. He's not there anymore. Maybe there has been mismanagement and they used football as an excuse.
        I remember there being some reported mismanagement earlier. Sometimes when schools explode they make crap hires and the focus on growth overshadows the poor performance that doesn't show up on the budget update.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I remember there being some reported mismanagement earlier. Sometimes when schools explode they make crap hires and the focus on growth overshadows the poor performance that doesn't show up on the budget update.
          Why do I get the feeling that sounds like a certain PASSHE school south of Pittsburgh?
          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

FIT is the second Florida private school to drop football in the last six months. Jacksonville State (private, D-1 non-scholarship football program) shut down last November. The FIT-UWF rivalry was a good game that was gaining some momentum. That leaves UWF as Florida's only D2 program. Wishing the best for FIT.....

Comment

Originally posted by UWFMubbish View Post
              FIT is the second Florida private school to drop football in the last six months. Jacksonville State (private, D-1 non-scholarship football program) shut down last November. The FIT-UWF rivalry was a good game that was gaining some momentum. That leaves UWF as Florida's only D2 program. Wishing the best for FIT.....
              Amazing a state that large only now has one D2 football team -- and PA has vastly too many

I got to walk UWF's campus last year. You guys get a kid to visit ... done deal.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Amazing a state that large only now has one D2 football team -- and PA has vastly too many

I got to walk UWF's campus last year. You guys get a kid to visit ... done deal.
                Ed Waters College (Jacksonville, currently NAIA) wants to move up to D2 since the SIAC has offered membership, but they have some "bigger fish to fry" at the moment. It is weird since football is so popular in Florida....but California has only one D2 football program (and 70 juco programs), as does Washington and Oregon -- only three D2 teams on the entire west coast! And Pennsylvania seems to have a D2 school on every street corner! LOL!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X