Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA D2 COUNCIL MTG

Mari HattonHaynes
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Can someone break this down n layman's terms. Thanks

Comment

You will only be allowed to play 10 football games. All I'm concerned with at this time.

Comment

Thanks Ballin51 for alerting us.

Unfortunately, I couldn't open what you posted, perhaps because of the browser (Firefox) I am using. So did a search on the topic and is posting the link:

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...nimums-2020-21

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
          You will only be allowed to play 10 football games. All I'm concerned with at this time.
          Ten games all year (total) or 10 regular season games max?

Comment

10 regular season.

Comment

Should be interesting. I guess the whole idea of IUP not scheduling an eleventh game is irrelevant now.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                Should be interesting. I guess the whole idea of IUP not scheduling an eleventh game is irrelevant now.
                LOL ... Tort said all along there was no point in playing an 11th game.

That said ... I assume they bump everything up a week now? 'Assuming' most play ... likely some major revisions to the schedules coming out. Maybe IUP's first home game won't be at XMAS afterall.

Comment

Would that just cancel all OOC games or they forgo championship weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
                    Would that just cancel all OOC games or they forgo championship weekend?
                    I'd guess the OOC games would vanish. That said, ... we have to see who can actually play and who cannot.

Personally ... reducing from 11 games to 10 doesn't seem like it would really accomplish anything Coronavirus-wise.

Comment

https://highlandcountypress.com/Cont...-21/3/21/57420

Here's the synopsis...The Management Council recommended lowering the amount of permissible contests for the entire academic year. Nothing has been totally finalized, but a meeting tomorrow could yield more details. The proposal is for a 25% reduction of games...That would pave the way for a 7 or 8 game regular season in football.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                        https://highlandcountypress.com/Cont...-21/3/21/57420

Here's the synopsis...The Management Council recommended lowering the amount of permissible contests for the entire academic year. Nothing has been totally finalized, but a meeting tomorrow could yield more details. The proposal is for a 25% reduction of games...That would pave the way for a 7 or 8 game regular season in football.
                        Yeah, since this is cost related, I can see the PSAC eliminating any opening week non-conference game as well as the first two crossover games. That would mean 7 division games and the final crossover/championship week.

Comment

The management council reduced the maximum number of games to 10. My guess is Non-Conference games will be cancelled. Not a big sacrifice, really.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                            The management council reduced the maximum number of games to 10. My guess is Non-Conference games will be cancelled. Not a big sacrifice, really.
                            Actually, late week the Management Council recommended the reduced schedule. Yesterday the Presidents Council agreed to the recommendations:

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...umber-contests

Comment

Looks like there is a an exception for scrimmages/exhibition games against non D2 opponents, those would be exempt from counting towards the max limit. Curious to see if that leads teams to explore finding FCS or D3 opponents to replace week 1 div2 matchups...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X