Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

But what are theplans and policies that would ensure such safety?

Regarding your passion for safety Traumatic Brain and Spinal Cord Fatalities Among High School and College Football Players And no one wants football more than you do.
    I was thinking this earlier. You can die or get paralyzed any time you take the field. Football is a dangerous game - life-altering for many, many players every fall.

Schools opening are a fear for the professional staff, too. They have to be in close quarters to kids who will without question not follow proper social distacing and cleanliness.

Johnny Fraternity isn't going to worry about being 6' away from Suzie Sorority at midnight. Quite the opposite.

Kids are gonna be kids once back on campus.

Comment

Two points.

One, I think it's way too early to be envisioning serious cutbacks in D-II football (beyond the lost game, of course). Things have been movng pretty quickly in the last week or two now that Gov. Wolf is feeling some heat.

Two, and this might have been discussed earlier; I skimmed a few of the middle pages. But doesn't the removal of State Game/flex week make the most sense? I mean, if you can do that and not leave OOC opponents with a hole on their schedule ... that might be beneficial down the line.

Comment

You moved the goal posts quite a bit there, HC...

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
          You moved the goal posts quite a bit there, HC...
          Really trying not to get involved here. The goalposts were moved a long time ago - and I'm not talking about the recent activity on this message board. What he's saying doesn't directly apply to a pandemic, but his point is absolutely valid. There's risk in literally everything that we do. There's high risk to playing football. You could make the argument that risk of physical injury from playing football is higher than catching a virus from playing. To CALUPA69's point, this is up to each individual to make their own decisions.

Comment

Sorry, but in the discussion of a pandemic and how it affects football, concussion and spinal cord injury risk is not part of that discussion...

Comment

Plus the insinuation that my wanting "football more than anyone" has anything to do with concussions spinal cord injuries is bizarre to say the least.

Comment

On the positive, 17 counties go Green today.

Comment

And they've already said more are going green on June 5. The needle is moving.

Comment

Phase Green still has crowd size restrictions in place even for outdoor events...Yes the needle is moving, but I still haven't heard the plan to keep student-athletes safe...

Comment

Phase Green still has crowd size restrictions in place even for outdoor events...Yes the needle is moving, but I still haven't heard the plan to keep student-athletes safe...
                      You haven't heard the plan because there isn't one. At this point that's not a good thing.

Comment

RED... Yellow... Green... Green has restrictions, ok I get that but what color comes after Green??
                        What color is FREEDOM? I suggest a combination of alternating 13 Red & White stripes and in the upper
                        left hand corner a square Blue field filled with 50 stars. Quite intriguing...

Comment

There is no plan. There's no vaccine. Sports will go on or they won't. I'm betting most go forward.

Restrictions, yes. Enforcement ... very little.

Many D1 schools are permitting on-campus "voluntary" workouts starting next week. There's no magic button to push. It's impossible to play team sports and not be in major close contact. They can't control everything ... gonna play or not. And, what keeps these stdent-athletes safe at the Saturday night kegger? Or the library? Or dinner? College as a whole has an issue (along with us going to work, church, Wal-Mart, etc., daily). Schools know if they go online they'll lose tons of paying students.

I can't wait to see restaurants allowed to open today ... who have been cash-strapped for 3 months ... turn people away once they are at 51% occupancy. That's not going to happen very much.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

There is no plan. There's no vaccine. Sports will go on or they won't. I'm betting most go forward.

Restrictions, yes. Enforcement ... very little.

Many D1 schools are permitting on-campus "voluntary" workouts starting next week. There's no magic button to push. It's impossible to play team sports and not be in major close contact. They can't control everything ... gonna play or not. And, what keeps these stdent-athletes safe at the Saturday night kegger? Or the library? Or dinner? College as a whole has an issue (along with us going to work, church, Wal-Mart, etc., daily). Schools know if they go online they'll lose tons of paying students.

I can't wait to see restaurants allowed to open today ... who have been cash-strapped for 3 months ... turn people away once they are at 51% occupancy. That's not going to happen very much.
                            One of the advantages of schools that have a well developed on line presence is that students can do a mix of on line and live classes. The auditorium size introductory psych class can be done in the dorm room while limited upper level organic chemistry class can take place in a normal classroom with spacing. Of course that assumes the school has already jumped on board. Some have, some have not.

Comment

Some history: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQkQPN_Y20k

GO HUSKIES!

Comment

Originally posted by CC_BU View Post
                                That's just propaganda. What's the point?

( I like how the guy says "Hong Kong flu" as if the audience never heard of Hong Kong)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X