Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashland

A popular topic the last few years has officially happened. Ashland joins the GMAC. Certainly boosts that conference and SR1 in football. I see no downsides here for all parties.

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
    A popular topic the last few years has officially happened. Ashland joins the GMAC. Certainly boosts that conference and SR1 in football. I see no downsides here for all parties.
    Wow. I remember reading their fanbase was pretty split on that notion.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Wow. I remember reading their fanbase was pretty split on that notion.
      As somebody now living in Ohio, I am happy knowing that there's an increased likelihood of seeing IUP out here again.

Comment

It's a huge gain for the GMAC -- football and men's and women's basketball.

No doubt a great add for SR1.

Typically a major program moving has a trickle-down effect. You'd have to think they'd love to also poach Notre Dame.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
          Odd that in postseason football they'll play the PSAC, but in WBB they are in a different region. Not sad about avoiding the LADY EAGLES until the E8 if it comes to that.

Comment

I think it is safe to say that SR1 is much stronger now than it was a decade ago. The GMAC is better than the CIAA, and the NE-10 and MEC have both improved. Hopefully, Ashland can push the other dominate programs in SR1 to increase funding and get better on a national level. Competition makes everyone better, right?

Comment

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post
              I think it is safe to say that SR1 is much stronger now than it was a decade ago. The GMAC is better than the CIAA, and the NE-10 and MEC have both improved. Hopefully, Ashland can push the other dominate programs in SR1 to increase funding and get better on a national level. Competition makes everyone better, right?

Comment

I'd go back even farther to say that the GLIAC isn't as strong as 15 years ago. They had GV plus strong programs at Saginaw, Tech, Northwood, and for a bit Hillsdale. Now it's Ferris's conference.

IMO it's fitting that BK is their coach because GV is the Notre Dame of the GLIAC. All the prestige, money, and crowds of a championship program without recent championships.

Comment

Originally posted by GetOily View Post
                  what does that league have now?
                  Ferris State

Hasn't FSU won both a football and men's basketball national title in the recent past?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X