Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jimmy T Update

He's known Douds for literally his entire life. His success will be greatly affected by how loyal he is to what is probably a third grandfather to him

Comment

Jimmy T Update

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
      You're not entirely wrong. As structured currently, ESU's ceiling is probably something like 6-5. Which, while a vast improvement from the dreck we saw last season, is not necessarily something to crow about. I do expect the team to improve incrementally under Jimmy, and I don't think we'll see them go winless in the East again next year or the year after. But he's certainly got his work cut out for him on the defensive side of the ball, and institutional issues will continue to put a cap on how good this team can be at its best. But for now, some level of optimism is warranted.
      Last edited by MC1313; 01-30-2019, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Scholarship funding shouldn't hinder ESU from challenging in the East. None of WCU, Ship, Kutztown or Bloomsburg have over 10 scholarships they just target hidden gems and get the most out of their players. If they can settle in on a QB before summer camp begins, and straighten out their defense I think they can at least be competitive and win 4-6 games in his first season. Ship's first season after Coach Reese retired saw drastic changes to the offensive scheme and we came away with a 7-4 season

Comment

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post
          Not sure. That is a good question 82.
          Many factors are contributing to the current situation...It will happen, not on our timetable, but it will happen...

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
            Many factors are contributing to the current situation...It will happen, not on our timetable, but it will happen...
            I grew up with a lot of people telling me that IUP was moving up to D1 but there were "many factors contributing" to the delay and "it will happen". "Penn State by 78" "Penn State by 88"

These schools need to get out of their own way.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
              I grew up with a lot of people telling me that IUP was moving up to D1 but there were "many factors contributing" to the delay and "it will happen". "Penn State by 78" "Penn State by 88"

Easier said than done...Also, hiring a coach is a much easier process than moving from one division to another. Kind of a false equivalency...
              Last edited by WarriorVoice; 01-31-2019, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
                You're not entirely wrong. As structured currently, ESU's ceiling is probably something like 6-5. Which, while a vast improvement from the dreck we saw last season, is not necessarily something to crow about. I do expect the team to improve incrementally under Jimmy, and I don't think we'll see them go winless in the East again next year or the year after. But he's certainly got his work cut out for him on the defensive side of the ball, and institutional issues will continue to put a cap on how good this team can be at its best. But for now, some level of optimism is warranted.
                And if that's the case, I can't see anyone else getting triggered by the comment that there are some issues.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                  Easier said than done...Also, hiring a coach is a much easier process than moving from one division to another. Kind of a false equivalency...
                  I'm pretty familiar with how PASSHE works and with the coaches CBA. The AD has the power to give him the job without conducting a full search since he's a qualified internal candidate. There's no reason to wait around. The pay bump shouldn't be a problem either. If I'm a football booster, I'd be asking for some specifics. If I'm a recruit, I'm second guessing the succession as announced. To me the only reason that makes sense is that they're not 100% sold on him doing the job as expected, but then again that questions the narrative from November.

Comment

If it bothers him so much he can always leave. Sounds like it may bother the message board more than him. He's been an assistant coach for a pretty terrible program. Does his playing success automatically qualify him for the head job? There's obviously a reason he still has the interim tag -- and likely more to the story than we know.

Comment

The one obstacle to that was "Money."

Money, get away
                      Get a good job with good pay and you're okay
                      Money, it's a gas
                      Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
                      New car, caviar, four star daydream
                      Think I'll buy me a football team

Comment

Jimmy T Update

Part of the coaching staff (all coaches) is to recruit players not only the scholarship players but also players that are paying to attend. And when they show up for camp and the communication stops because they are focused on a small core group of players you see some of them leave camp or only stay for a semester and then they transfer.
                        One thing a good coach must be able to do is communicate and connect with his players and thats an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Jimmy's first off-field challenge.

https://www.poconorecord.com/news/20...amaged-snowmen

Comment

Such bonehead moves and they'll probably be benched in week one for their actions along with some added community service. Don't think he'll give them the boot for this but they will be digging themselves out the doghouse the next 9 months.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

Such bonehead moves and they'll probably be benched in week one for their actions along with some added community service. Don't think he'll give them the boot for this but they will be digging themselves out the doghouse the next 9 months.
                              Wonder if they all shook hands with the snowmen?

Comment

Actually, almost the entire staff was replaced for the past season...New DC...New WR coach...New D Line coach...New DB coach...New RB coach...The only holdovers were OC Mike Terwilliger and OL coach Mike Santella...Facts are tough things when you have no idea what they are...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X