Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covid-19 Game Uniforms/Safety

Some thoughts on making it as safe for players as possible. 1. Mandatory Clear Shields on Helmet for all players. 2. Long sleeve undershirt under shoulder pads. Mandatory that all positions wear gloves, QB's the only exception for the throwing hand. 4. Return of the old school knee-high socks. I have not heard anybody talking about how to make it as safe as possible for the players. Any thoughts?

Originally posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    Some thoughts on making it as safe for players as possible. 1. Mandatory Clear Shields on Helmet for all players. 2. Long sleeve undershirt under shoulder pads. Mandatory that all positions wear gloves, QB's the only exception for the throwing hand. 4. Return of the old school knee-high socks. I have not heard anybody talking about how to make it as safe as possible for the players. Any thoughts?
    Unless the coach is all in I don't think any of these young men are going along with any effort to protect them with extras. We all may wish it otherwise but they are trying to get on with a reasonably normal life at a time when they should be on top of the world. IMO minus a big resurgence of C19, sports will likely be played as close to usual as possible.

Comment

They could go the Flag Football route. I think then they would need less players.

Comment

They could go the Flag Football route. I think then they would need less players.

Comment

I honestly don't see any of those precautions being enough. Unless the shields cover the mouth they won't do much. Gloves like hands are only as good as what's not on them.

Comment

While I basically like the idea, a concern would be heat exhaustion especially in Aug & Sep.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
              I honestly don't see any of those precautions being enough. Unless the shields cover the mouth they won't do much. Gloves like hands are only as good as what's not on them.
              The shield won't cover the mouth. What they should do is make it mandatory for all players to use that Michael Irvin mouthpiece that covers the lips!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                And less stadium staff as each game would have 3 people attending. Lol.

Football can be somewhat controlled. Campus life, however, is a whole new ballgame. Kids from 18 to 21 have a whole lot more than football on their minds -- partying, the ladies, etc.

First weekend back campuses will go nuts ... back to 250 people in a craphole frat basement.

Comment

How do they dress before/after the game?! We can't put 50 kids in the same locker room!!

Comment

The President of U Michigan is doubtful about football in the fall. I wish it weren't the case...

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                      How do they dress before/after the game?! We can't put 50 kids in the same locker room!!
                      Why not? Unless someone has a preexisting condition that age group has nothing to worry about. Look at the facts and quit the hysteria.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                        The President of U Michigan is doubtful about football in the fall. I wish it weren't the case...
                        Curiously WASHTENAW county has been relatively untouched (2.3% of cases, 1.8% of deaths) by C19, but with 52% of the student body from out of state/country, it is almost a certainty that those numbers will spike in the fall with or without sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Mjtheman View Post

Why not? Unless someone has a preexisting condition that age group has nothing to worry about. Look at the facts and quit the hysteria.
                          That would be a health risk. If someone has it and it spreads to many of those 50 and then they go out into the community it spreads. Please tell me you understand that.

If you take any group of 50 college football players I can guarantee you a certain number of them have a preexisting condition.

Facts. Hysteria. Where do you get your information (or misinformation)?

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Curiously WASHTENAW county has been relatively untouched (2.3% of cases, 1.8% of deaths) by C19, but with 52% of the student body from out of state/country, it is almost a certainty that those numbers will spike in the fall with or without sports.
                            What's the monetary value of a lost season of Michigan Wolverines football? Let's not pretend that's not a major factor.

Surely these schools are going to cover their backsides with making players sign releases, etc. If the players are uncomfortable ... they don't have to play. Nobody is forcing them.

Non-sports related look at Ocean City, MD. It made the decison to re-open a week before Memorial Day (perhaps their second biggest weekend of the season). Anybody know what this weekend is worth to OC? A real big number. No way they were going to miss out on all those dollar bills. And, of course, it was beyond slam-packed this weekend.

If anybody thinks money isn't a major factor in this D1 decison ... got some bad news for ya.

At our level do players really even 'need' a lockerroom? If that is deemed a sticking point they can wear their crap home after games and practices.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

What's the monetary value of a lost season of Michigan Wolverines football? Let's not pretend that's not a major factor.

Surely these schools are going to cover their backsides with making players sign releases, etc. If the players are uncomfortable ... they don't have to play. Nobody is forcing them.

Non-sports related look at Ocean City, MD. It made the decison to re-open a week before Memorial Day (perhaps their second biggest weekend of the season). Anybody know what this weekend is worth to OC? A real big number. No way they were going to miss out on all those dollar bills. And, of course, it was beyond slam-packed this weekend.

If anybody thinks money isn't a major factor in this D1 decison ... got some bad news for ya.

At our level do players really even 'need' a lockerroom? If that is deemed a sticking point they can wear their crap home after games and practices.
                              OC will likely get some, but far from all, of those $$$. Between those who are still iffy about crowds and less than ideal weather, they can only hope the stats continue down for the remainder of the summer. Luckily the DELMARVA peninsula will have good enough weather late summer/early fall to recoup some of the C19 losses, if spikes can be contained.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X