Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mjtheman View Post

Your clueless.
    I'd love to drive 60 MPH to work everyday. My rights are being violated because I can't do this. If people feel unsafe by me driving twice the speed limit, they should stay inside. I need to get to work, it's better for the economy if I get to work earlier - because I get more work done. It's other people's fault if they feel unsafe by me driving 60 through a residential neighborhood.

See how silly your logic is?

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

I'd love to drive 60 MPH to work everyday. My rights are being violated because I can't do this. If people feel unsafe by me driving twice the speed limit, they should stay inside. I need to get to work, it's better for the economy if I get to work earlier - because I get more work done. It's other people's fault if they feel unsafe by me driving 60 through a residential neighborhood.

See how silly your logic is?

Comment

Originally posted by Mjtheman View Post

Your clueless.
        What of his is clueless?

Comment

Name calling typically stops working in middle school or so. Normally, I'd read your argument, consider it, and respond directly too it - but seeing as how you can't handle an adult conversation, I'm just going to move on.

Thanks for playing, at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

What of his is clueless?
            I think the guy is just a troll looking for attention. His insults were humorous, but there's no point responding to someone who can't respond back like an adult.

Comment

My point exactly, thanks!

It's not me I'm worried about, it's the effect reckless behavior has on others who don't have the luxury to "stay home." But I guess so long as you get to sit in a restaurant, it's all dandy for you.
              When I'm driving drunk "it's not me I'm worried about," its the sober guy who gets in my way. Just a pun for fun don't take it serious. Just a little levity to lighten the day.

Comment

That makes sense, although that would mean it's less about "loss of life" and more about having an enemy - IMO.

As a resident of the rural Midwest, that assessment is spot on. There is a large disdain for "urban" communities, even Minneapolis and Sioux Falls. Personally, I'd love to visit the major cities of the US. I've been actively discouraged against doing so by people who can't point out NYC on a map, let alone those who've actually been there. In the social media age, everyone wants to draw lines in the sand and oppose everyone else. I've made my mistakes too - but I try not to live in the "us vs. them" mentality.
                So true living it the DFW Tx area, knew a guy from FT worth who hated NYC. When asked if he ever visited, he replied, he's "never been to Dallas, too far East for him". The DFW metroplex stretches about 60 mile wide and if you're on the LBJ during rush hour you may never get there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post

So true living it the DFW Tx area, knew a guy from FT worth who hated NYC. When asked if he ever visited, he replied, he's "never been to Dallas, too far East for him". The DFW metroplex stretches about 60 mile wide and if you're on the LBJ during rush hour you may never get there.
                  My fellow NEW YORKERS are actually pretty nice to deal with but if they disagree with your actions they're not shy about telling you....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F8CtwKr4Yvw

and that's in the MAGA borough of the city.

Comment

Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post

I get that a lot too. "New York City stinks like sewage." "Have you ever been there?" "Well, no."

Regardless of whether or not it does, I'd rather find out for myself.

Comment

I get that a lot too. "New York City stinks like sewage." "Have you ever been there?" "Well, no."

Regardless of whether or not it does, I'd rather find out for myself.
                      NYC is fantastic. If you can ever go ... go. No place like it in the world. I'd go monthly if I could.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Harry View Post
                        Some thoughts on making it as safe for players as possible. 1. Mandatory Clear Shields on Helmet for all players. 2. Long sleeve undershirt under shoulder pads. Mandatory that all positions wear gloves, QB's the only exception for the throwing hand. 4. Return of the old school knee-high socks. I have not heard anybody talking about how to make it as safe as possible for the players. Any thoughts?
                        This is absurd. I have a degree in Safety, Health, and Environmental Applied Science from the best safety school in America. I've worked through this pandemic and feel it's time for many others to start getting back to work as well. I don't have a medical degree, but people in the safety community would disagree with your provisions (except for the face shield - assuming something is developed to cover the mouth as well).

People need to stop wearing gloves. Unless you are taking off gloves properly (which untrained people aren't) and unless you are washing them nightly (which nobody is), there's no reason to wear the gloves. They become what we in safety like to call a "take home hazard." You take off the gloves and whatever you touch is still on them. Then you go and wear them again the next day. You grab them and everything that the gloves contain is now on your hands underneath the gloves. You're better off washing and sanitizing your hands. Are you suggesting to wear disposable latex gloves? Good luck.

Most of your provisions include covering the skin as much as possible. That doesn't stop a virus. Simply put, I have a greater chance of touching a layer of clothing that the virus is sitting on and then touching my face because I have the illusion that I am "protected" because I wore knee high socks. I don't mean to come across as rude. These just simply aren't good ideas. There will be precautions taken. But not these ones. Regardless, the people we are talking about here aren't in the high risk category.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Unless the coach is all in I don't think any of these young men are going along with any effort to protect them with extras. We all may wish it otherwise but they are trying to get on with a reasonably normal life at a time when they should be on top of the world. IMO minus a big resurgence of C19, sports will likely be played as close to usual as possible.
                          I agree. As they should. Life can't be cancelled forever.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

That would be a health risk. If someone has it and it spreads to many of those 50 and then they go out into the community it spreads. Please tell me you understand that.

If you take any group of 50 college football players I can guarantee you a certain number of them have a preexisting condition.

Facts. Hysteria. Where do you get your information (or misinformation)?
                            I don't necessarily see anything wrong with his comment. The presumption is that the NCAA will develop testing protocols that members are expected to follow if they have ideas on playing. If players/coaches/staff are tested and negative, what's the issue?

And sure, I'm sure somebody has a preexisting condition, but at what point do you allow people to make their own decisions? The whole purpose of staying home for 2 months was to flatten the curve. The goalposts have been moved. There might never be a cure for COVID-19. In any circumstance, we have a choice. Athletic settings in this country - whether college or pro - will be about the safest places in the United States of America, maybe even the world. If athletes choose not to play, that's their choice. This is the no different than folks returning to work in other occupations. The employer lays out safety provisions, policies/procedures, etc. If you don't like them, you don't have to return to work. But you won't be paid if you don't.

We're at the point in this where people need to make their own decisions. Those at risk, elderly, etc., should continue to shelter in place if they so choose.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

NYC is fantastic. If you can ever go ... go. No place like it in the world. I'd go monthly if I could.
                              I would absolutely love too. I'm a novice traveler, so I'd like to work up to it, but yeah - it's definitely on my list of places to see. Actually, I had the opportunity to present a project at Columbia a couple years ago. It was a group project so it was a little hard to get everyone on the same page, but I was pretty excited.

For the record - the town I live in stinks. There's an animal processing plant just past the city limit. If the wind is blowing the right way, the whole town smells... especially if it's hot and humid. Yuck.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

I agree. As they should. Life can't be cancelled forever.
                                Rightly or wrongly, there'd be some backlash for teams (especially lower division programs) testing players regularly.

I'm not on one side or the other on that one as I don't know enough about testing capacity, but I can guarantee that would be a mess for the smaller schools.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X