Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, this really sucks. Barring some kind of miracle, the Phillies are now likely to have an outbreak. I thought this was all being done in a bubble i.e. the most controlled conditions you could create. If it can't be controlled under these conditions, well...

https://www.phillyvoice.com/report-m...d-19-outbreak/

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
      Yeah, this really sucks. Barring some kind of miracle, the Phillies are now likely to have an outbreak. I thought this was all being done in a bubble i.e. the most controlled conditions you could create. If it can't be controlled under these conditions, well...

https://www.phillyvoice.com/report-m...d-19-outbreak/
      Under the MLB supervision it really isn't a bubble, players come and go as please, testing isn't done regularly enough (should be daily), and there are no protocols which is why the team was able to vote yesterday and still play yesterday knowing they'd probably already been exposed to the virus. At the least the NBA was smart enough to move everyone and their families into a safe environment (bubble) and haven't had any incidents like this yet.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

Under the MLB supervision it really isn't a bubble, players come and go as please, testing isn't done regularly enough (should be daily), and there are no protocols which is why the team was able to vote yesterday and still play yesterday knowing they'd probably already been exposed to the virus. At the least the NBA was smart enough to move everyone and their families into a safe environment (bubble) and haven't had any incidents like this yet.
        Wow. I haven't followed the details that close. I guess the "bubble" idea was back when they were going to have the games in Arizona - but that got voted down?

Comment

Wow. I haven't followed the details that close. I guess the "bubble" idea was back when they were going to have the games in Arizona - but that got voted down?
          Yes players voted against being away from their families and not playing in their home stadiums. Even saying we all don't want to go to AZ and Florida they could have done the 6 city hub to keep things under control rather than this free for all MLB is in the midst of now.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

Yes players voted against being away from their families and not playing in their home stadiums. Even saying we all don't want to go to AZ and Florida they could have done the 6 city hub to keep things under control rather than this free for all MLB is in the midst of now.

Keep in mind, too, at the end of the day despite being professional athletes many, many MLB players are young, wealthy and single. They don't want to be imprisoned in a hotel for 5 months. They want nightlife, ladies, etc. Any level of college football that plays will have to battle the same thing ... only far, far worse.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Keep in mind, too, at the end of the day despite being professional athletes many, many MLB players are young, wealthy and single. They don't want to be imprisoned in a hotel for 5 months. They want nightlife, ladies, etc. Any level of college football that plays will have to battle the same thing ... only far, far worse.
              That's a big reason my 18 year old won't be going to Norfolk State next month to start her Freshman year. Too many of her peers will not take this virus serious and with her having a kidney disease that can get progressively worse if she contracts the virus we can't take that risk so she'll be taking online classes for at least the fall semester at a local community college to keep our bill down and maintain her health and safety. The worst thing that could have happened was them saying it was only affecting elderly and sickly people back in March/April because these younger kids/adults are running wild maskless and recklessly exposing themselves and their loved ones to the disease.

Comment

Is anyone really surprised?! I would love to show you a bridge I have for sale!!!

Comment

Comment

That Bucco bullpen looked wonderful last night.

Comment

That Bucco bullpen looked wonderful last night.

Comment

Yet another downside of your All-Star closer sitting in a jail cell in Greensburg.

Comment

The commish said if players don't start following Covid-19 guidelines and protocols ... he will shut it down.

These are professional athletes ... who can't stay out of bars and strip clubs. Good luck with college athletes.

Comment

The commish said if players don't start following Covid-19 guidelines and protocols ... he will shut it down.

These are professional athletes ... who can't stay out of bars and strip clubs. Good luck with college athletes.
                            An excellent example of not taking responsibility...Seems to be a national trend over the last 3 years...

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

An excellent example of not taking responsibility...Seems to be a national trend over the last 3 years...
                              And in the NL East the Covid infected Miami Marlins lead the division with a record of 2-1 after only playing one series against the Phillies (the victims). The Phillies are in last place at 1-2 after their initial series against the Covid infected Marlins because it has shut them down ever since. I can't believe that 4 Marlins players/staff tested positive before the Phillies series started and they still played.

Comment

And in the NL East the Covid infected Miami Marlins lead the division with a record of 2-1 after only playing one series against the Phillies (the victims). The Phillies are in last place at 1-2 after their initial series against the Covid infected Marlins because it has shut them down ever since. I can't believe that 4 Marlins players/staff tested positive before the Phillies series started and they still played.
                                I can't believe the Marlins were allowed to vote on whether to play the last game of the series...I can't believe how inept Rob Manfred is...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X